• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Doomfrost 

View PostMicky C, on 10 October 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Also, why on earth is Duke roasting those things, is he seriously thinking about eating them? I don't know what's meant to be cool or awesome about that.

My guess it's a poor take on "chestnuts roasting on an open fire"

This post has been edited by Doomfrost: 10 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   Dan 

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

If you want to spoil yourself, the final boss is in this gameplay video at around 30 minutes. Multiplayer also has voice chat on PS4
https://youtu.be/zOfK1GjNsD4?t=29m58s
Looking at the credits. They got Levelord back but still don't bother to credit him for the Atomic Edition?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

They must be using the existing Atomic Edition credits.

View PostLkMax, on 10 October 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Oh boy, that boss AI.

I don't think I've ever seen a lazier boss design than this.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Don't tell me that entire new episode was beaten in 30 minutes...

User is offline   Lunick 

The person in the video skipped to that level, there is level select available from the start but secret levels don't appear on it until you have beaten them

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Awesome thanks; I didn't want to watch the whole thing, but the video started on what I assume is the first level of the new episode and thought it was odd that 30 minutes was the mark of the final boss.

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

Serious Sam easter egg:

Spoiler

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

We still have 9 hours to wait till release in the UK.

User is offline   ashura252 

How are people playing this already? On both consoles. Is it out somewhere?

User is offline   Lunick 

Streamers can request keys from devs for coverage which what I assume has happened here.

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

The pistol still sounds off...

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

It's a pain to watch that guy play and it's ridiculous that the sound effects quality hasn't been fixed, but on the upside the indoor parts of that level are rather good looking (though the final room could have used some extra objects).
Of course these are all areas that would have perfectly fitted in an L.A. environment, so I still feel that the World Tour concept is ill conceived.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The ceilings in a lot of the rooms look rather dull. They simply have a flat, patternless texture on there. Put up some beams or something to break the monotony.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

kalinka malinka... really?

EDIT: I can not watch it. Fuck console players. He throws the grenade, but do not know how to blow it up (we can see presses different buttons and nothing happens). So he picks RPG and kills himself because he shoots the wall near himself.

The music is great, at the begining I have heard kalinka malinka and thought that it will be the main riff there.

This post has been edited by Frog: 11 October 2016 - 01:40 AM

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

If you want to spoil yourself, the final boss is in this gameplay video at around 30 minutes. Multiplayer also has voice chat on PS4
https://youtu.be/zOfK1GjNsD4?t=29m58s

Well, that was a fucking pathetic final boss. -snip-

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 11 October 2016 - 02:04 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 11 October 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:

Well, that was a fucking pathetic final boss.

Or you could spoil it all for us instead. Good job!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 11 October 2016 - 05:44 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

And then you decided to quote him and put the 'spoiler' (which it isn't because we all saw that thing in earlier posts and you'd have to be naive to think the boss was gonna be anything else) in your post too, cool.

Considering that it's been shown off already in pre-release screenshots, which themselves have been posted in this very thread, it's not like there is much to spoil in the first place.

User is offline   Lunick 

I think the more important thing is, has anyone found the "infamous" line yet.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 11 October 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

I think the more important thing is, has anyone found the "infamous" line yet.

Is big bang theory even on any more? Hopefully Gearbox would know better than to cater to lowest-common-denominator sitcoms.

Do we know whether the video of the final boss shown is actually the release version of the game? I mean that boss fight is just plain broken in its current state. Would it really be so hard to tweak him so that he at least tries to be within the weapon's radius of the player?

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

If I recall correctly, Nerve also broke the music on the Wolf 3D Xbox port....

They seem to have a thing for breaking audio.

This post has been edited by Trebor_UK: 11 October 2016 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostPikaCommando, on 10 October 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Is there a way I can buy the USA version of World Tour and activate it on my Asian PS4?

Yeah, just get it on PC.
Spoiler

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

eBay wil probably start having copies of the physical version soon. To my knowledge even the PS4 is still not region locked (PS3 wasn't either), so you can just buy one. Or do what Sledgehammer said.

I think the game will appear in the EU store after release, but who knows, maybe Gearbox just doesn't want money from Europe.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 11 October 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

Do we know whether the video of the final boss shown is actually the release version of the game? I mean that boss fight is just plain broken in its current state. Would it really be so hard to tweak him so that he at least tries to be within the weapon's radius of the player?

Since console game patches can take a lot of time sometimes, I have no doubt in my mind you are looking at the release build of World Tour on console

View PostTrebor_UK, on 11 October 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

If I recall correctly, Nerve also broke the music on the Wolf 3D Xbox port....They seem to have a thing for breaking audio.

We should really be blaming Nerve for a lot of these faults rather than Gearbox for this port even though we can blame Gearbox for other things like the direction of this port (and maybe lack of direction for JSJ's lines)

View PostDaedolon, on 11 October 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

eBay wil probably start having copies of the physical version soon. To my knowledge even the PS4 is still not region locked (PS3 wasn't either), so you can just buy one. Or do what Sledgehammer said.I think the game will appear in the EU store after release, but who knows, maybe Gearbox just doesn't want money from Europe.

The American release is limited, I would not be surprised if they end up on eBay with double the price.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Fuck, I need someone to get me a copy.

3-4 hours remaining!

Pre-ordered the PS4 physical copy but won't be able to play until May of next year because I'm on working holiday in Australia. ;)

View PostShaq Fu, on 10 October 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

Serious Sam easter egg:

Spoiler

Called it.

Man, that's lazy.

User is offline   K100 

Launch Trailer

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options