• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Valhalla 

View Postnecroslut, on 09 October 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

IMO Zero Hour on emulator with mouse+keyboard plays better than with a controller. Can't say the same for Time To Kill though, but that game never played that well to begin with.

Yeah zero hour worked great with mouse+keyboard, largely due to it being N64 with just one joystick, but I admit you do need a ps2 style controller for ps1-ps2 games. But you can buy adapters for converting any controller to USB for the pc, I have a snes/sega genesis/ps2 adapter for emulating games. Sadly I lost my N64 and nearly 60 games when I loaned them to a friend for a week when I was a kid, and his house burned down. ;)

This post has been edited by Valhalla: 09 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

View PostValhalla, on 09 October 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

Yeah zero hour worked great with mouse+keyboard, largely due to it being N64 with just one joystick, but I admit you do need a ps2 style controller for ps1-ps2 games. But you can buy adapters for converting any controller to USB for the pc, I have a snes/sega genesis/ps2 adapter for emulating games. Sadly I lost my N64 and nearly 60 games when I loaned them to a friend for a week when I was a kid, and his house burned down. ;)

You can just buy a DualShock 4. It's PC compatible.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Now that World Tour is almost out of the door, it's time to reveal Gearbox' REAL Duke project.

Posted Image

A feverish dream in sepia, finally coming true after all these years!

User is offline   Lunick 

Although this is probably inaccurate (in some way) due to being a pre-release game, SteamDB says that about 1000-2000 people have pre-ordered the game on Steam https://steamdb.info.../434050/graphs/

The game also appears to have hit release build as the app hasn't been updated for a few days now compared to being updated every day/other day

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostNightFright, on 10 October 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

Now that World Tour is almost out of the door, it's time to reveal Gearbox' REAL Duke project.

Posted Image

A feverish dream in sepia, finally coming true after all these years!

Holy shit that fan art of Duke is fucking horrible he looks like such a smug little douche fuck.

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

Although this is probably inaccurate (in some way) due to being a pre-release game, SteamDB says that about 1000-2000 people have pre-ordered the game on Steam https://steamdb.info.../434050/graphs/

The game also appears to have hit release build as the app hasn't been updated for a few days now compared to being updated every day/other day

Is that good?

User is offline   Lunick 

Maybe? It's kind of hard to compare it to anything else on the market at the moment since it is a re-release of something that a lot of people already got for cheap. I will assume more people have pre-ordered on consoles than Steam at this point.

(If we want to have fun and compare it to something else releasing this week too, Shadow Warrior 2 has over 25,000 pre-orders on Steam https://steamdb.info.../324800/graphs/ )

The store page says that the re-release requires 1200 MB of free space on disk - three times as much as Megaton Edition.

What do they need all that room for? Uncompressed Duke lines?

View PostDoom64hunter, on 10 October 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

The store page says that the re-release requires 1200 MB of free space on disk - three times as much as Megaton Edition.

What do they need all that room for? Uncompressed Duke lines?

From looking at user levels it's the music that ussually hogs up all the MB's.

Edit: More likely I'ts the Dev commentary though or all 3 factors combined with the new levels/features.

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 10 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

Just read Sixty Four's interview with Levelord, fun stuff. https://duke64nukem....-with-levelord/

Can't wait to get my hands on his and Allen's new levels tomorrow!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I got Gearbox to send me some screenshots that hadn't been posted elsewhere, but they weren't really what I was looking for. However, I've posted them on the front page anyway. There's another one they sent me that I didn't feel like posting because there wasn't really anything going on it, but here you go:

Attached Image: Bloody Hell - Big Ben.png

I tried to get them to send me some shots of the more impressive architecture in the new maps, or maybe something with a large render distance with a bunch of lights active, but it was a bit too close to release for them to fulfill the request. Still, I appreciate the effort to give us something.

User is offline   Steve 64 

Thanks for showings some pics TerminX

The lighting feels off. Also, I thought Levelord/Blum would have found a solution to city walls by 2016, but I guess there's really no way around it :/

User is offline   Jolteon 

Can't wait to try out World Tour Tomorrow. ;) Unfortunately for me, I have work tomorrow. :D

Not knowing how old these screenshots are, I tried to do a comparison to see if they were still Vert- in its widescreen aspect ratio, and my conclusion is "probably, but I can't really tell."

However, something is definitely wrong with that light tile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

Seems like they replaced the light texture (707) with the ceiling texture (182). Looks like they've also added some extra sectors there in the ceiling with the same light texture. Kinda curious now to see if they've made any more changes to the other vanilla maps.

User is offline   Lunick 

It looks like some people are already uploading console footage of the game on YouTube

User is offline   Lunick 

If you want to spoil yourself, the final boss is in this gameplay video at around 30 minutes. Multiplayer also has voice chat on PS4
https://youtu.be/zOfK1GjNsD4?t=29m58s

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLoke, on 10 October 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Seems like they replaced the light texture (707) with the ceiling texture (182). Looks like they've also added some extra sectors there in the ceiling with the same light texture. Kinda curious now to see if they've made any more changes to the other vanilla maps.

It makes sense. The floor under the light sector in the original map is actually darker than the sector to the right.

Of course I'm sure Duke 3D is full of these kinds of incorrect lighting.

Is there a way I can buy the USA version of World Tour and activate it on my Asian PS4?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 10 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

If you want to spoil yourself, the final boss is in this gameplay video at around 30 minutes. Multiplayer also has voice chat on PS4

Oh boy, that boss AI.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Ah, so they've gone the full DNF route, where weapons have no range.

What do we suppose is said in the blurred text at the end? Some kind of Duke 5 announcement?

Also, why on earth is Duke roasting those things, is he seriously thinking about eating them? I don't know what's meant to be cool or awesome about that.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 10 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Probably the most easiest boss battle I've ever seen. Did he spit out anything when he opened his mouth?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostShadow Jolteon, on 10 October 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Probably the most easiest boss battle I've ever seen. Did he spit out anything when he opened his mouth?

I 'think' it spawned a Firefly trooper similar to the Queen spawning Protector Drones.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostMicky C, on 10 October 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

What do we suppose is said in the blurred text at the end? Some kind of Duke 5 announcement?

"Thank you for playing and contributing $20 towards Randy Pitchfords new hot tub! Can't believe you actually paid $20 for 8 new maps majorlulz, third party expansions coming as $10 DLC each next month. -Randy Pitchford and the team at Gearbox!"

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm watching someone stream the game at the moment and the Shrinker uses a widescreen edit but when it fires, it disappears so the bottom right of it gets cut off again...
https://www.twitch.tv/vensti73000

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

I 'think' it spawned a Firefly trooper similar to the Queen spawning Protector Drones.

Okay, that does explain where that Firefly enemy came from.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do 1st.

Try an open the build editor or play the game.

Also its been the 11th in asia for over 12 hours.

And its not downloading yet.

User is offline   funduke 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 10 October 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

IAlso its been the 11th in asia for over 12 hours.
And its not downloading yet.

You'll have to wait 12 additional hours.
Check the shop page to see, how long to wait is left:
http://store.steampo...com/app/434050/

Greetings
Funduke

This post has been edited by funduke: 10 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

View Postfunduke, on 10 October 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

You'll have to wait 12 additional hours.
Check the shop page to see, how long to wait is left:
http://store.steampo...com/app/434050/

Greetings
Funduke

Damn

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options