• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

Derp. Already bought it on Steam :3

User is offline   ashura252 

I'll probably at least pick this up on Xbox One, it looks like they're doing a decent enough job that I won't mind shelling out some money to show that Duke is still profitable and that a new game is definitely worth investing in.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

The new levels are set in Hollywood, London, Moscow, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and Egypt.

From the looks of the Steam page, this release doesn't include the expansions from Megaton. Also, no discount for owners of Megaton.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

It's absolutely incredibly how much of a self-indulgent douche Randy Pitchford is. Jokes about people criticizing him on Twitter, the 'song', magic tricks..Jon barely sounded like Duke on stage, probably bored as fuck, and it looks like they're maintaining the shitastic sense of comedy but given the 'debate' and their 'jokes' on stage I guess it was expected.

Best thing to come out of this is maps by Levelord and music by Lee Jackson. Getting the gang back together, as Randy says, is pretty fucking loose considering he got Lee Jackson, Levelord and Allen Blum, who last I saw worked for Gearbox...oh and Randy sort of designed half a map. Forget everyone else who worked on the game.

Suck my scrot, Pitchford and co. A re-re-re-re-re-release of Duke3D with a new episode that might have good level design, all for $20...yeah, fuck off. Could have ported the titles that have never been on modern platforms but nah, could have done a remake but nah, on the bright side Lee Jacksons music and Levelords maps are something to look forward to but otherwise go and fuck yourselves you bunch of cocks. :D

OMG I can't believe I was wrong and we're actually getting Duke Nukem 5...
No, wait. I was right! LOL! Pessimism pays! Who had faith will be disappointed, but not me! I'm quietly chuckling right now, with a satisfied shit-eating grin.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 02 September 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

The new levels are set in Hollywood, London, Moscow, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and Egypt.

From the looks of the Steam page, this release doesn't include the expansions from Megaton. Also, no discount for owners of Megaton.

I'd be pretty damn surprised if they ever did this. Why would they? That wasn't their game, and doesn't exist for sale anymore.
It kinda sucks they'd not have that other external content in there though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

My feelings are mixed. I wanted to get at least some news about Duke 5, even words like "oh, we also have plans for the new Duke" are enough for me. World Tour pre ordered though.

Somebody will create World Tour topic or?

Looking forward to the new music and the new levels.

Not looking forward to the process of finding a good torrent. Because there's no way in hell I'm giving Randy any money after a show like this.
ESPECIALLY not 20 bucks.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 02 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

I don't know about buying this or no, cause $20 for a Duke3D release with only 1 new Episode while Megaton had the 3 Expansions and was only $10 is a bit much.

Though it does say it supports Steam Workshop so it looks like the modding and level creating will still be supported.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 02 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostxMobilemux, on 02 September 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

I don't know about buying this or no, cause $20 for a Duke3D release with only 1 new Episode while Megaton had the 3 Expansions and was only $10 is a bit much.

Though it does say it supports Steam Workshop so it looks like the modding and level creating will still be supported.

How long do you think it'll be before people put those 3 expansions on the Workshop? :D

User is offline   spessu_sb 

Am I the only one who is bothered by the platform listing to be so that PC is last? PC game being listed after consoles, seems legit..

User is online   Lunick 

View Postspessu_sb, on 02 September 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Am I the only one who is bothered by the platform listing to be so that PC is last? PC game being listed after consoles, seems legit..

Did you watch the trailer? It was clearly being played with a controller.

User is offline   Kathy 

Fucking pre-order...

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

It doesn't even include the expansion packs? *sigh* I guess I'll have to wait for -75% sale.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Postspessu_sb, on 02 September 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

THAT is what you are bothered by?

User is offline   t800 

I feel like they went with Birth episode model for this new episode - just compare:
new levels - check
new music - check
few new sprites - check
one new weapon - check
one new monster "firefly" (as site dubbes it) - check
Only thing missing is new boss.

Well I expected that much.
Also it seems to me that screenshot with battlelord on piedestal comes from roman coloseum level. If that is true, its design disappointes me, I would expect something more grandiose for such enviroment.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I'd rather donate $20 to Allen Blum, $20 to Level Lord and $20 to Lee Jackson. Damn this isn't how industry works...

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostLunick, on 02 September 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Did you watch the trailer? It was clearly being played with a controller.

I did, saw autoaim all over the place but it just popped out for me as kinda so ridiciolous thing, that a Classic PC game is now marketed as this random multiplatform game.

View PostHulkNukem, on 02 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

THAT is what you are bothered by?

No there's more too.. like it costing 20€ and having less content than Megaton did etc..

Obviously good things are also here, like original master leveldesigners being at it again and having new Duke recordings.

Posted Image

It seems awfully strange to me that this countdown only led to an expansion and a new port of the same ol' game. This should be a leaping pad to something better (Duke 5), if the community responds well to World Tour.

Wow in October we get:

The Walking Dead Season 7
Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2
Shadow Warrior 2
Duke Nukem 3D World Tour

I like October 2016!

Also you never know people, like I said before, this version may have some hints to Duke5 like the Xbox 360 version of Duke3D had hidden DNF screenshots!

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 02 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

At least, after this, we'll be able to know how Gearbox is going to be treating Duke from a character/writing point of view a little better.

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

Not sure what to think, to be honest. I'm glad a few of my wishes have been met, mainly modding/workshop support...

But, the lack of the expansions is a major disappointment. Hopefully the new content will hold up on it's own.

Also, lack of Megaton discount is also disappointing.

This post has been edited by Striker: 02 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

User is offline   Hool 

$19.99 for a Duke 3D re-release?

Posted Image

In all seriousness though - I'm looking forward to the new levels and music but I'm not sure about spending that amount of money for a product I've already bought and owned multiple times. I love Duke 3D as much as the next Duke fan - but its getting to a point where this many re-releases is starting to get silly. I'll wait until the Community consensus drops and might grab it when the Steam Winter sale starts though.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 02 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

View PostDecember Man, on 02 September 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Lel, anyone notice that there are pills on the medkits? Like the Doom 3 BFG edition versions of Doom and Doom 2!

Should've recolored the crosses from red to green. Oh well.

Anyways. It's a shame that I won't get to hear new music from Bobby Prince. :-/

A screenshot on the Steam store page shows the player battling two Overlords. I'm curious how that will work out.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

We can make a campaign to directly donate the developers and get the game on torrent :D

User is offline   Hank 

View Postashura252, on 02 September 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

How long do you think it'll be before people put those 3 expansions on the Workshop? :D

well, it reads:
Original 1996 source code and "2.5D" engine re-mastered in True 3D for PC!
This may require an entire redo of existing TCs and mods to function with the new Duke. So, I'll wait for after the game sells at bargain prices to see what is what. :D
Unless proven wrong it looks like, the King is dead, long live the King. i.e. Duke 3D is toast and World Tour is the new king. :D

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options