Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The armour was created in Blender. The rest in ZBrush. The blender bits are just using the command keys and different centre points.

It looks correct there, but there can be normals issues, and there are a shed-load of extra polys in there, All those horizontal polys on the back of the chair are just not needed at all as there is little curve to the flow of the back of the chair. You could probably get away with half the amount of vertical lines.

I've made a copy of the chair to show you what you really need. That is 220 polys, and that is with bevels and a curve to the back of the chair.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 05 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

User is offline   Mia Max 

Hm. Maybe it's not a good idea to convert models from Solidworks to md3 format. Anyway my chair and the other models has been just a personal project and the program isn't made for making stuff like that.
You can, but there's no way to texture it (there are textures, but can't be exported) nore you can edit single triangels.
So I want to learn to work with Blender. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.
But I think I can still use some models from Solidworks with simple curves. I guess bodies like cylinders and spheres will generate identical meshes.

This post has been edited by Mia Max: 05 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

So yeah I'm still no sprite artist, but I tried:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
These are not related to Typical Day Part 3, I just threw them together since I'm playing around with ideas for future videos.
Editing each individual sprite however is gonna be a real time consume.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 07 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

• Polymancer

xMobilemux - Nice, clean style there. Looks good.

MiaMax - Probably not. I made that chair in 15 minutes. It would probably take you longer than that to make it in solidworks, port it over, mess around with it, re-texture it, etc. etc.

User is offline   Mark 

Our team is so pleased at how the Hollywood Holocaust remake project is going. Its been tough not to show off what we are so proud of. We are finally breaking down and showing 1 pic for now and maybe another couple shortly before release. We chose a pic that shows the basic level of detail without revealing the best "money shots". :P

Some of the assets in the pic are W.I.P. or placeholders but they reflect the overall look we are going for. We had hoped for a release by now but there have been a few setbacks that I mentioned in a previous post. But it's well on the way to completion. It won't fade away. The view in the pics is where the player drops down the vent from the roof. The pics are compressed jpgs for smaller file size in the forum.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: E1L1old.jpg
  • Attached Image: E1L1new.jpg

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMark., on 08 August 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Our team is so pleased at how the Hollywood Holocaust remake project is going. Its been tough not to show off what we are so proud of. We are finally breaking down and showing 1 pic for now and maybe another couple shortly before release. We chose a pic that shows the basic level of detail without revealing the best "money shots". :P

Some of the assets in the pic are W.I.P. or placeholders but they reflect the overall look we are going for. We had hoped for a release by now but there have been a few setbacks that I mentioned in a previous post. But it's well on the way to completion. It won't fade away. The view in the pics is where the player drops down the vent from the roof. The pics are compressed jpgs for smaller file size in the forum.

The crate!!!!!! where's the crate!!!!??? That's maybe the most important thing in the whole map!!!!! B)

View PostMike Norvak, on 08 August 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

The crate!!!!!! where's the crate!!!!??? That's maybe the most important thing in the whole map!!!!! :P

I see two crates behind the forklift, granted maybe they could be a bit bigger. Agreed crates are very important in life! B)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 08 August 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Is the haze around the street lights a sprite or some kind of special effect?

It looks like a sprite to me.

Looks cool though, at least now the streets of LA doesn't seem so empty or desolated anymore...

User is offline   TON 

Great teamwork

This post has been edited by TON: 09 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Yes, the haze is a sprite. Its the same one I used in Decay.

Yes there are 2 smaller crates to climb up. They are on the forklift. That was a landmark of the original map. Same with the Innocent sign, the burning dumpster and the Cinema billboard. It would be blasphemy not to include those. :P

This post has been edited by Mark.: 09 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That looks fantastic!

User is offline   Jolteon 

Coded some new enemies for my next level.

Firstly is the Pigcop Captain:

Attached Image: duke0123.png Attached Image: duke0124.png

This Pigcop is bigger and stronger than normal pigcops, and they can fire rpg rockets at you. (They were glimpsed in Dawn of the Pork)

Next is the Lizard Trooper in Dark Blue armour:

Attached Image: duke0125.png Attached Image: duke0126.png

This Lizard Trooper is as strong as a Pigcop, or a Enforcer, as it takes two shotgun shots to kill. But other than that, this Lizard Trooper is pretty much identical to a normal Lizard Trooper. (These kind of Lizard Troopers are from Total Meltdown)

It's freaking hell out there in the streets which is why I'm making this map.
Super early in development, though.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 12 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

• Polymancer

Posted Image

• Polymancer

From the basic shape created in Blender, I've taken that into ZBrush for detailing.
Posted Image

• Polymancer

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. This one definitely needed an update!

• Polymancer

Cheers!

User is offline   0815Jack 

View PostTea Monster, on 12 August 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Cheers!

can't wait to see his teeth :P

• Polymancer

Here you go!
Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

The eyes or whatever those antennas are makes it look less menacing, other than that looks cool.

• The Sarien Encounter

Agree about the eyes. They look a tad too cute now. But man, a fantastic improvement!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I recommend removing the eye stalks completely. Otherwise, awesome job!

Yeah, I always thought the slimer was blind. They come off as a very primitive life form (and I think the manual said so too, plus, protozoid slimer further suggests this) and I think that even if they did have eyes they wouldn't really have the brains to process their vision, they'd have to stop and scan the images, process them and act accordingly like some creatures on earth. At best I'd think they might have some kind of light sensitive ocelli, like jelly fish or some worms, incapable of forming images but probably playing a part in driving them to dark spaces like air vents. They would probably find food based on taste or heat, they would probably, given the size of their mouth, have a very heightened sense of taste. Probably able to taste the air, perhaps the bumps on their back or their tentacles contain some of these organs but they aren't really visible. I always thought they might be exothermic which would further explain their gravitation to air vents and nuclear reactors which are likely sources of heat - I doubt the air vents on the space stations would blow cold air because space is fucking freezing. I suspect that unlike some exothermic creatures, for example snakes, they would actually avoid the light as they are not fast creatures, pretty poor at defending themselves and cannot see, leaving creatures with vision that might try to kill them with an advantage in lighter places. It would also explain their tendency to be in groups, for both strength in numbers and to reduce thermal loss by remaining close to one another.

Odd to think that the lizards, if they are like the reptiles on earth, should also be exothermic. It is entirely possible that all Duke had to do was shut off the heating or wait for the weather to cool down and the reptilian bastards would have simply slowed down and ground to a halt.

The slimer's teeth always made me think of leeches though... Who knows what they are, but I'm sure Giorgio A. Tsukalous would know.
Posted Image

Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but it was fun.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 13 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

• Polymancer

I'll turn the eye stalks into tentacles. Thanks for the feedback.

User is offline   Mark 

testicles????? :P

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Well it is called the protozoid slimer.

inb4 Sebab

User is offline   Gambini 

Agree with the rest, although in my opinion is way too symmetrical, it´s a slime I dont think it should be symmetrical at all.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 13 August 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Agree with the rest, although in my opinion is way too symmetrical, it´s a slime I dont think it should be symmetrical at all.

Related to that point: Now it will be obvious which direction it is facing, and when you walk into a room with a bunch of slimes, you will see them all instantly turn to face you, which will look weird.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options