Duke4.net Forums: The Sale & Free Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sale & Free Thread  "Post here when there's a sale for games that people here want to b"

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

System Shock 2 is free on GOG for the next 48 hours as a part of their Galaxy stress test.

https://www.gog.com/summer_xp

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

https://www.bundlest...d-realms-bundle Another 3D Realms bundle

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't know what to buuuuuuuy. Help me. I have $17.11 CAD in my Steam wallet plus $25 in my Paypal I could use, and maybe a little extra, but that would be cutting into my video card fund (which is currently sitting at $254.60 CAD). These are the games on my Steam wishlist I'm thinking are possible candidates (prices CAD):

-Doom ($47.99) - problem with this is I can't play it yet, but it's not likely to go on sale 40% off again any time soon...
-The Witness ($35.19)
-Arkham Knight Premium ($29.99) - Is this really as good as Asylum/City? If not I don't want to waste my time. I guess this would depend on my hardware as well as Doom
-SuperHot ($27.99)
-Black Mesa ($8.74)
-The Binding of Isaac Rebirth ($10.19)
-Order of the Thorne ($5.49) - retro Sierra-style fantasy adventure game by some friends of mine
-Turok ($8.79)
-Ghostbusters: The Video Game ($2.74)
-LEGO The Hobbit ($4.99)
-Audiosurf 2 ($5.60)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

-Audiosurf 2 ($5.60)

It's a good refinement over the first installment.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

-Arkham Knight Premium ($29.99) - Is this really as good as Asylum/City? If not I don't want to waste my time. I guess this would depend on my hardware as well as Doom

Depends on if you think using the Batmobile a lot is a good or bad thing, and if the Arkham formula is boring to you yet. I still think the combat can be fun even with so many games mimicking it.
I prefer Asylum over all the others and have replayed it several times, and I think Origins was more fun than City (I'm in the minority for this I know, although I think both Origins and City were weak story wise in general) but all four are still solid Batman games.
One thing to note about this years Steam summer sale, there are no daily or flash sales; everything will be the sale price for the rest of the sale, so no reason to rush or wait on a purchase thinking it might go cheaper (on steam)

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 25 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHulkNukem, on 25 June 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Depends on if you think using the Batmobile a lot is a good or bad thing, and if the Arkham formula is boring to you yet. I still think the combat can be fun even with so many games mimicking it.
I prefer Asylum over all the others and have replayed it several times, and I think Origins was more fun than City (I'm in the minority for this I know, although I think both Origins and City were weak story wise in general) but all four are still solid Batman games.

Good to know. Asylum is also my favourite. I thought Origins was good, but certainly the weakest. It just didn't have the same flare. But then that's story, I suppose. Gameplay wise I do agree, it was mostly a copy of City but it did do a couple interesting things that City didn't do. I've just started playing Shadow of Mordor (after having owned it for months and not touching it) and the formula is as good as ever.

One thing to note about this years Steam summer sale, there are no daily or flash sales; everything will be the sale price for the rest of the sale, so no reason to rush or wait on a purchase thinking it might go cheaper (on steam)

Thanks, I was wondering about that.

User is offline   Lunick 

Lego Hobbit is probably one of the weakest Lego titles

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, I heard it was unfinished too, leaving out the entire 3rd movie. Disappointing.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 25 June 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

Lego Hobbit is probably one of the weakest Lego titles

Just like the actual hobbit trilogy in the Middle Earth saga.

If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters movies, I'd highly recommend the game, especially at that price. It's probably 100x better value for money than Superhot, which I hear is relatively short.

• The Sarien Encounter

I ended up grabbing Ghostbusters, Black Mesa, and Audiosurf 2. I figure I might as well wait on Doom (and Arkham Knight, at that) until after I upgrade. Plus these three games came to just 2 cents under my Steam wallet amount, so score.

Not that impressed with Audiosurf 2, actually. Sure it's prettier, but it's basically the same...isn't it? Maybe a better algorithm for creating tracks based on music? I miss the old sound effects. Sometimes they really went well with the songs that would play, especially if they were in the same key as the sounds. And the old menu music. This thing just starts up to pure silence and races end the same way.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

There's a classic theme that has the old sounds. The refinement is in the scoring system.

• The Sarien Encounter

The sounds are the same in all themes. They don't have the sounds for getting higher combinations. Just the basic chime for getting a simple combination from the original for everything. It's just all very underwhelming.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

The Bioshock Collection was just announced, all three games plus all DLC (except for multiplayer which was cut) for the new consoles and PC (infinite isn't remastered on PC) for the full price of $60
If you own all three games on steam, you will get the collection for free, and since at this very moment the triple pack is only USD 10.51......
If you own Bioshock on steam, you will get the remastered version for steam. If you own Bioshock 2 on steam, you will get the remastered version and all the DLC for steam (no multiplayer).
Bioshock steam
Bioshock 2 steam

This is good news as the PC versions of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 have some technical problems, this should hopefully clean that all up and maybe just maybe they will get rid of the low framerate lock on physic items.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 30 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

• Honored Donor

So if I have all 3 games, but no DLC, I'll get the DLC for free too?

Actually from what I am reading, if you own Bioshock on steam, you will get the Bioshock 1 remastered version for steam.
If you own Bioshock 2, you will get the Bioshock 2 remastered version and Minerva's Den/Protector Trials DLC for steam.
You do not need to own Infinite, and there won't be a remastered version for steam. Changing my post to reflect this.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 30 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

It's a bit sad that they are taking away the multiplayer from the remastered version of BioShock 2 though...

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice! Guess I won't have to buy Minerva's Den after all. That was just the completionist in me anyway.

I refunded Audiosurf 2 and picked up Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and The Swapper instead. Then I got more cards to sell and bought Gold Rush Anniversary Special Edition, because that game was awesome and I've always been curious about the remake.

I spent another 21 cents plus Steam wallet change and got Costume Quest at the tail end.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Green Man Gaming is having a Bethesda sale. Doom is on sale for up to 52%.

https://www.greenman...e_Bethesda_Sale

• Honored Donor

It says 52% in the email I got too, but when I clicked the link it only says 40% off.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostMicky C, on 09 July 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

It says 52% in the email I got too, but when I clicked the link it only says 40% off.

At checkout, you have to add the promo code July20 to get the full 52% off.

Duke nukem forever is finally in a humblebundle. 2K is having a Sale with some fine games from the modern World. For 15$ you can get battleborn. That game failed hard, huh?

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 19 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Spec Ops and The Darkness 2 are an absolute steal at $1!

Considering the 2K published Evolve recently made the transition to F2P recently, I'm pretty sure Battleborn will cost $0 soon, too. Sold less than 160K on Steam and is hovering around 460 players. Besides Homefront: The Revolution (guilty pleasure of mine), I don't think there's been a AAA game that's flopped that hard in a long time.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 19 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Did you miss the sales one classic Sega games recently? Bundlestars has a pick and mix bundle going on so you can either start or complete your collection https://www.bundlest...enesis-pick-mix

• The Sarien Encounter

Life Is Strange Episode 1 is free. Never played it no idea what it is.

http://store.steampo...heck/app/319630

• The Sarien Encounter

GreenManGaming is having a massive sale on "survival" games (broad definition). The Half-Life series, Killing Floor, Dead Island, F.E.A.R., Bioshock, System Shock 2, things like that. I picked up "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" and "7th Guest" for the first time finally for $1.01 each. Check it out

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 July 2016 - 05:54 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

SS2 is less than a quid, and it looks like the remastered version too.

User is offline   Lunick 

http://store.steampo...sda%20Softworks Bethesda appears to be having their Quakecon sale with almost 50% off on everything
http://store.steampo...r=id%20Software id Software

Also available on the Humble Store https://www.humblebu...o/quakecon2016/ and consoles.

• The Sarien Encounter

Empyrion: Galactic Survival (Early Access) is 50% off on Steam. I've been keeping an eye on it since the news of disappointment broke of NMS. It's got great reviews, has been steadily worked on for a year now, and allows you to do everything you wish you could in NMS. It doesn't have a procedurally generated universe yet but it will. For now, just one solar system. I snagged it as I had a few bucks in my Steam wallet and it ended up being only $4.70 CAD after that. Not a bad deal for a $20 game.

User is offline   Lunick 

The new Humble Bundle has Lethal League in it which is AMAZING https://www.humblebu...indie-bundle-17

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options