• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PolymerNG - Xbox One and Windows 10

User is offline   TON 

Thanks for add antialiasing FXAA :P

So I'm working on fixing SOS in Shadow Warrior and I've got it mostly working(including lighting and shadows). The last bit of issues I have is z-fighting. It looks like the sector that is below and the sector that is on top is generating more geo then it should and is causing z-fighting; Is there a current solution for fixing this?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Damn that's looking great icecoldduke. All the little touches are really starting to make it look modern.

If you can pull off SOS in SW, does that mean getting TROR working is a much bigger possibility?

View PostMicky C, on 13 July 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Damn that's looking great icecoldduke. All the little touches are really starting to make it look modern.

If you can pull off SOS in SW, does that mean getting TROR working is a much bigger possibility?

Is TROR that YAX_ENABLE code I see all over the place? If so that worked at one point, but I don't know if it worked when I switched over to Polymost for Occlusion Queries. If Polymost can figure out what sectors are visible when TROR is enabled then everything should be fine. SOS was completely broken in PolymerNG; the logic for the renderer didn't support multiple drawboard calls during a frame. I have fixed all that except for this z-fighting bullshit :P. I'll investigate TROR when I move back to BloomCM since I believe that was my test case for TROR a few months ago.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

Once I can fix the opposite sector of the FAF generating geo that encroaches on the other half of the FAF; FAF will be complete. Also blended surfaces work now and the water texture animates.

Posted Image

Hendriks/TX any ideas on the encroaching geo issue I'm getting? The brick you see thats clipping through the asian wall texture is from the sector under the water.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

Disregard I fixed the issue:

Inside of
BOOL FindFloorView ( short match, LONGp x, LONGp y, LONG z, SHORTp sectnum )

I commented out
sector[sp->sectnum].ceilingz = newz;

and inside of
BOOL FindCeilingView ( short match, LONGp x, LONGp y, LONG z, SHORTp sectnum )

I commented out
sector[sp->sectnum].floorz = newz;

I suppose the correct solution is to check for classic mode and enable the above code; it looks like this logic is a perspective correction hack of some kind. I believe this logic would fail in Polymer and definitely fails in PolymerNG. I'm not sure about Polymost. FAF(Floor Above Floor?) works now.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Why is your glow overdrawing though?

View PostMblackwell, on 13 July 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Why is your glow overdrawing though?

That's basically a draw order issue I'll have that fixed here shortly actually.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

Glow draw order fixed
Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

Video of latest PolymerNG running Shadow Warrior. I'm aware one of the glows at the end of the video is showing through the ceiling under the water.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

User is offline   Steveeeie 

View Posticecoldduke, on 13 July 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Video of latest PolymerNG running Shadow Warrior. I'm aware one of the glows at the end of the video is showing through the ceiling under the water.

Looking so good.

This post has been edited by Steveeeie: 14 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

i've been lurking this thread for ages and just want to say love the work your doing!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Icecoldduke, you are rocking this. Awesome stuff.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I tried Polymer on my new 970. I was getting 100+ fps. I tanked to like 35 at some sections though, but not for very long. Average was about 55-90. Also, I was surprised to be noticing lighting effects I wasn't getting on my 460. Just slightly more detail on characters and wall textures. Light details, that is. Can't wait to be trying PolymerNG.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 July 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

I tried Polymer on my new 970. I was getting 100+ fps. I tanked to like 35 at some sections though, but not for very long. Average was about 55-90. Also, I was surprised to be noticing lighting effects I wasn't getting on my 460. Just slightly more detail on characters and wall textures. Light details, that is. Can't wait to be trying PolymerNG.

So right now in Shadow Warrior I get (min 75-80) (max 150fps) on my 970. I can get more speed improvements, I think my light culling isn't working right.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 01:40 AM

Added Bokeh DOF.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

How are you going to handle the voxels? IIRC Plagman once talked about linking it into some kind of particle system.

View PostMicky C, on 15 July 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

How are you going to handle the voxels? IIRC Plagman once talked about linking it into some kind of particle system.

I'm not sure if I understand the question. I planned on having the voxel -> geo conversion during the offline mesh generation pass; basically have voxels built into the game_meshes.payloads file and have them go down the same mesh pipeline as everything else. Are you talking about a particle system that uses voxels?

• Honored Donor

I don't pretend to understand any of it but the impression I got was that each individual voxel would be represented by a particle much like how the classic renderer uses some kind of billboard thingy. So they're simply like level geometry then? I know people wanted Plagman to make it so polymer converted them into md3 models much the same way polymost does, except that he was against it due to the long level load times and probably other reasons.

Nice to know you've thought of a way to get them into the renderer though. Lack of voxel support was one of polymer's main drawbacks along with the inability to use multiple skies in the same area and the showview con command.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 July 2016 - 04:02 AM

View PostMicky C, on 15 July 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

I don't pretend to understand any of it but the impression I got was that each individual voxel would be represented by a particle much like how the classic renderer uses some kind of billboard thingy. So they're simply like level geometry then? I know people wanted Plagman to make it so polymer converted them into md3 models much the same way polymost does, except that he was against it due to the long level load times and probably other reasons.

Voxel data will be treated as any other mesh in PolymerNG, I'm not going to try and do anything fancy with Voxel data. Voxel data causing long load times are irrelevant since the voxel data would have already been converted to "graphics card ready data" by the offline mesh processing tool. Voxel data is going to be treated as any other model in the engine, unless as I implement it I find something nasty with the data but I can't imagine anything that would stop this idea from going forward.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 04:12 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Vox2poly is in mdsprite.c

IMO, Ideally we would have a vox2md3 tool to run then go md3 to your payload system.

View PostDrek, on 15 July 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Vox2poly is in mdsprite.c

IMO, Ideally we would have a vox2md3 tool to run then go md3 to your payload system.

But that would mean I would have to write out a md3 file first. I might just special case voxels inside of https://github.com/j...ldTool/Main.cpp and use Vox2poly for the conversion.

EDIT:
Maybe I might do voxtofbx or something; that would only make sense if you guys want to edit this data.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 04:19 AM

Using existing tech in PolymerNG; I added glow maps to the ninja monster to make there eyes glow. I also added barrel fire from the ninja also has a glow but that's not in this screenshot. In the def file in PolymerNG, if you don't define a high resolution albedo map, it will default to the tile data. From there you add a glow map like this:

texture 4096 
{ 
	glow { file "highres/monsters/ninja/ninja_glow_0.png" } 
}

From there you just make a glow map like this:

Posted Image

Then you get:
Posted Image

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Were they supposed to be demons or zombies or something? The story of the game is very light so I just figured they were just generic Zilla goons, not the undead or possessed?

View Postdeuxsonic, on 15 July 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Were they supposed to be demons or zombies or something? The story of the game is very light so I just figured they were just generic Zilla goons, not the undead or possessed?

I always thought they were demons or zombies. If you look at the ninja asset, their teeth don't look human. There are plenty of other assets that aren't humanoid.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

Also is there a extended Shadow Warrior voxel pack anywhere?

EDIT:
nvm found it

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Postdeuxsonic, on 15 July 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

The real question should be does the original sprite use fullbright pixels?

This post has been edited by Drek: 15 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

User is online   Mark 

I was curious why you are not yet using the models in SW.

View PostMark., on 15 July 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was curious why you are not yet using the models in SW.

Cause I don't have voxel support yet :P.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options