• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing GOG Connect

User is offline   Lunick 

https://www.gog.com/...ing_gog_connect

"Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library. "

HOW DOES GOG CONNECT WORK?

To connect your library with GOG.com, sign in to your active Steam account via this page. You'll be able to import all the games listed below to your GOG.com library – assuming you own them.

The eligible games are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned for more games to come.

You can connect only one Steam account with your GOG.com library. This process is permanent – choose wisely!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow.

Not a large list yet by any means, but this is quite an event indeed. I'm very surprised.

User is offline   Lunick 

I got these 15 from linking my Steam account:
Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Publishers are going to have a temper tantrum over this.

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 01 June 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

Publishers are going to have a temper tantrum over this.

What? Is the publisher/developers that are participating IN this program, this is no something that GOG is doing on its own without their permission.

User is offline   Lunick 

I would like to see more Classic games be redeemable like the Apogee or id classics (although Zenimax wouldn't let that happen hah)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostKristian Joensen, on 01 June 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

What? Is the publisher/developers that are participating IN this program, this is no something that GOG is doing on its own without their permission.

Ah, OK. That makes more sense.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

This will be good news for a few specific games on Steam that are updated to the latest versions that break mods or other fixes and there's no way to roll back updates, like with the original Doom 3, assuming GoG keeps old updates as well as new ones.
Also it means I could possibly just download the original Fear and not be required to install the two addons as well making the download size bloated up even more.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 01 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

This is totally unexpected, and very cool of course. Definitely something to keep an eye on in the future.

• The Sarien Encounter

The games list will change and won't be redeemable forever. So when one pops up grab it! I'm still having trouble connecting my account. Keeps timing out and saying it can't reach the Steam service right now and to try again later. I guess they're getting flooded.

• The Sarien Encounter

Apparently the system has crashed lol. GOG is advising people to try again on Friday I guess.

Sounds like a bad business decision. They're essentially throwing away their one selling-point over Steam with this.

Nevertheless it's a good thing for the customer.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 01 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDoom64hunter, on 01 June 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Sounds like a bad business decision. They're essentially throwing away their one selling-point over Steam with this.

MusicallyInspired said:

The games list will change and won't be redeemable forever.

Oh I must've overread that part.

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for when Quake appears in the list. The Steam version is a bit gimped compared to the GOG one.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 01 June 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

They are attracting more users to their store. Users, who probably wouldn't have been there otherwise. Besides, there is little chance people would re-buy everything on GOG anyway. It depends what kind of deal they have with publisher, but some publishers are probably okay with this since it's not a lost sale anyway.

User is offline   Lunick 

Surgeon Simulator was added to the list of games today

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Damn, I already re-bought on GOG many of the games I already had on steam a while ago (everything on sale of course, both Steam and GOG), particularly FPS games from the 90's. Hooked up my account anyway in case anything else comes up. Did get Saints Row 2 added so far which is better than nothing.

User is offline   Lunick 

New games seem to be added very strangely, noticed today that I had Doorkickers listed.

User is offline   Kathy 

They've updated their initial news post about GOG Connect with Kona, Door Kickers and Defender's Quest.
https://www.gog.com/...ing_gog_connect

User is offline   Lunick 

More titles have been added, a lot from the Devolver catalog.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Even more titles
Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Alien Shooter? Zombie shooter? These people really need to put more thought into their naming.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

The Shooter series is actually really fun.

User is offline   Lunick 

LIMBO is now available via GOG connect for over a month. You might have gotten it in a Humble Bundle or free recently via Steam

User is offline   Lunick 

Saints Row games are now available via GOG Connect
Posted Image

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Does Saints Row 2 work? I know I've read stories about it being a bad PC port that is broken

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It does, I had no problems with vanilla outside of terrible performance on high settings and that was 5 years ago or so. Anyway, Steam version also worked fine, but I noticed that people have more issues with Steam version compared to GOG one. What really bothers me about PC version is lack of DLCs compared to consoles.

Also, people recommend to get a mod called "Gentlemen of the Row" which fixes many bugs.

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 April 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

It does, I had no problems with vanilla outside of terrible performance on high settings and that was 5 years ago or so. Anyway, Steam version also worked fine, but I noticed that people have more issues with Steam version compared to GOG one. What really bothers me about PC version is lack of DLCs compared to consoles.

Also, people recommend to get a mod called "Gentlemen of the Row" which fixes many bugs.

Sr 2 is from what ive heard one of the most poorly optimised pc ports of all time so you must be lucky or have a good setup

Ive also heard the gog version is locked at 30fps?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

At that time I had GT 9800 and intel core 2 quad, though I don't remember which exactly I had, not even sure if it was more powerful than my second CPU which was Celeron. I played on medium settings and I had 1680x1050 screen.

• Honored Donor

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 April 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

At that time I had GT 9800 and intel core 2 quad, though I don't remember which exactly I had, not even sure if it was more powerful than my second CPU which was Celeron. I played on medium settings and I had 1680x1050 screen.

Sounds like I had a fairly similar set up. I remember playing it around the time of release and don't recall any issues. I can't remember the settings I had though.

I'm waiting for SW2 to be added.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options