Duke4.net Forums: Doom Corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Finally managed to fight the broken and bugged programming and get my map in a playable state.

If anyone wants to check it out it's called "Entrance (Alien Trilogy)", obviously a Snapmap version of the first level from Alien Trilogy, had to make some modifications due to the layout and programming problems but I still think it's pretty good. I'd give the tracking number but I don't know how to find it after leaving the editor.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostTea Monster, on 15 May 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Kind of the reverse, they should have gone with the 'original' DNF and dropped the revamp. :)

Good point!

I dunno, didn't most of us like the 2001 Unreal version more than the 98 Quake2 version with the Ant aliens? (I'm the master of splitting hairs :) )

User is offline   ---- 

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 May 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

But do you disagree it was more Duke than DNF?

Since the Bulletstorm-setting and the story are so far off a typical Duke-setting I disagree. Even the characters were further away from Duke than the DNF-Duke.

My brother's played through the new Doom, and I just started it yesterday, but neither of us noticed the Strong Language that it's rated for. It's nothing major, but I'm curious does anyone know why it was rated for Strong Language? Did we just miss it?

User is offline   Jblade 

No idea - is there voice chat in the MP? It could be just to cover their backs for Snapmap content and stuff. I don't remember hearing any swearing in the base game.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

"Rip and tear" is rather strong, decisive language, wouldn't you say?

• The Sarien Encounter

No, I wouldn't.

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 16 May 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

"Rip and tear" is rather strong, decisive language, wouldn't you say?

It is to the demons.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Doom finally came for me. I think that's the last time I preorder a physical copy from the bethesda store. I don't regret it and I am super excited to have this package but its so late most people beat it and reviewed it and I just got it even know I ordered months ago. Go with best buy for pre orders not gamestop either they will sell your pre order copy if they have to. Other then that the box was shipped perfectly and protected by bethesda just kind of late... Its awesome :)

Posted Image

View PostxMobilemux, on 16 May 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Finally managed to fight the broken and bugged programming and get my map in a playable state.

If anyone wants to check it out it's called "Entrance (Alien Trilogy)", obviously a Snapmap version of the first level from Alien Trilogy, had to make some modifications due to the layout and programming problems but I still think it's pretty good. I'd give the tracking number but I don't know how to find it after leaving the editor.

I'm waiting for the game to install how would I find this map is it on pc? I guess they have a menu for maps? Would love to check it out.

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 16 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Here is mine... came today also. <squeal> =D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't have a PS4 yet, but I will maybe by the end of the year. I have been playing back through the old DooM games in celebration for days. :)

The Revenant statue is pretty good to me. I am happy with him anyway. Now if they will just do a plush version. :D

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I have Doom 2016 now, the singleplayer is great. The level design is great, and so is the combat. Could use some more feedback to damage however, because you sometimes end up getting hit and not even noticing, but aside from that, it's solid.

But, the Multiplayer, let me just quote myself saying this to a friend of mine:

12:56 AM - [SM] Striker: *sigh* Every time I fire up the multiplayer in Doom 2016, I die a little inside. I start a match, no matter the game mode... and I can't even bring myself to complete a match. I quit every single one before they complete, just sickened by the late abortion that lay before me.

I never thought I'd ever be the kind of guy to want to physically harm someone over a game, but I want to knock the teeth out of whichever dev or corporate suit thought it was a good idea to make the MP the total soul-crushingly bad shitfest that it is, tying an overpriced season pass and map DLC to it to boot. (I doubt we'll get SP DLC, sadly.) It's a shame that the Doom multiplayer community is stuck in the mode of playing "Ghouls vs. Homos", "All Out Wankers 2", "BRUHTALLL DEWM111one", and "Megaman 8-bit Eyestrain" rather than more classic-style DM maps/mods, and vanilla... otherwise I'd still be playing that day in and day out like I used to.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 16 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

I agree that DLC maps is lame, I won't be getting those. But I do actually really like the DOOM multiplayer. For some reason everybody says the UT Alpha is what's awesome, and while I loved UT back in the day, the feel of the UT alpha's combat doesn't do much for me. Where as Doom's combat feels completely terrific to me. And I don't mind loadouts, super shotgun/rockets for me everyday. They said they'll add more modes for free later, all I need is a free-for-all DM mode and I'm good.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I wish the voice they used for Samuel Hayden was actually doomguy's voice.

"Yeah, that's your spinal cord... Baby!"

• The Sarien Encounter

Is it a coincidence that Samuel Hayden was a baptist pastor in the 19th century (into the 20th)?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Hayden's voice sounded a hell of a lot like Lance Henricksen.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 16 May 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

"All Out Wankers 2"

Anyone who hates All Out War 2 is a big fat dummy and should be thrown off a bridge.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 16 May 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

For some reason everybody says the UT Alpha is what's awesome, and while I loved UT back in the day, the feel of the UT alpha's combat doesn't do much for me. Where as Doom's combat feels completely terrific to me. And I don't mind loadouts, super shotgun/rockets for me everyday. They said they'll add more modes for free later, all I need is a free-for-all DM mode and I'm good.

It's confusing as the first UT was held up as the gold standard. People were not happy about the floatier physics, twitchier Quake-style play, dodging off of walls and ramps and things and nerfed weapons and whole sports thing they tried to make UT2003/UC into. UT2004 fixed some of it and brought back Assault and addressed a lot of the complaints over UT2003. Then UT3 was supposed to be a return to form, with weapons that were more powerful and more weighty physics and no more stupid sporting event theme. Now the new UT is once again going back to what people had complained about before with the physics, only taken even further this time with moves that look like Super Mario 64. It feels like they really don't know what they want.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The outside environments are amazing. The UAC interiors are bit 'scaffoldy'. The PBR shaders are just amazing.

I keep waiting to get tired of glory kills, but it hasn't happened yet. :). I like how the game encourages you to get 'hands on' by having the critters drop extra loot when they get pretzled.

The game is very fast - everything is fluid and very little stops the action. With the double jump and the glory kills you could just flow through large sections of the game. It's good.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 17 May 2016 - 04:57 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostxMobilemux, on 16 May 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

Hayden's voice sounded a hell of a lot like Lance Henricksen.

Sounds more like Peter Cullen to me. Unfortunately, it's not.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

-snip-

This post has been edited by The Commander: 17 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

How is the save system in this game?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

He's a lawyer you fucking sperglord.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostKristian Joensen, on 17 May 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

How is the save system in this game?

Autosaves only - I didn't mind it too much but obviously your mileage may vary.

• The Sarien Encounter

Oooh...never thought about that. That's annoying. Are there even multiple playthrough slots?

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostThe Commander, on 17 May 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yatta wanted to steal my account to play Doom, lol

http://underdone.org/yattathephisher/

-snip-

How on earth does he think this is "ok"

Jesus Christ...do you really think someone of Yatta's stature would fuck you(or anyone, for that matter) over like that? It's not like he's that Bryan Spurlock wanker, or whatever that kid's name was. I've seen how Yatta operates over the years, and I'd literally bet my bottom dollar that he had zilch malicious intent and only wanted to check out the game, as he himself asserted. You seem like a paranoid, miserable asshole with severe issues to treat the founder of duke4.net - an awesome dude who has been nice enough to welcome you and tolerate your bullshit for years- like that. It's worse enough that you rudely denied his modest request, but to smear him like that on his own forum...I would say you should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you are not as a result of the sociopathic behaviors you've demonstrated thus far.

-snip-

This post has been edited by The Commander: 17 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I really wanted the Revenant statue, but 150€ is an insane price, especially when you remove the 60€ the game costs, it still leaves 90€ for the statue. If the price was 90€ to begin with, I would've gone with it, I guess I'll get the game on Steam sales for 5€ at some point then.

View PostDaedolon, on 17 May 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

I really wanted the Revenant statue, but 150€ is an insane price, especially when you remove the 60€ the game costs, it still leaves 90€ for the statue. If the price was 90€ to begin with, I would've gone with it, I guess I'll get the game on Steam sales for 5€ at some point then.

I am sure you will be able to the the statue off ebay soon enough for small pennies.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I think you are over reacting. You should have lent him the game for the day too, be cool man.

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options