Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Hank 

blizzart, on 29 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

It spells "Beschränkter Zutritt"

:whistling:

Thanks! I missed that! Posted Image
and fixed
Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

This post has been edited by Hank: 29 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

User is offline   neoacix 

Just released my map!
Spoiler

Check it out here: https://forums.duke4...lease-baserape/

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't play many Duke maps these days but I'll get around to trying yours out since you put so much effort into the trailer Posted Image

Having said that, don't feel disappointed if you don't get a large response to your map. Many releases don't get that many replies these days, and the fact your map uses the HRP, Dukeplus (and additional custom content?) means that there's extra installation hassle which might put some people off.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 30 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

User is offline   neoacix 

Thx! If you play my map, it was allready almost worth the effort. xD

I know that the requirements for this map are to high for a lot of people, but as long some people play it, it's fine for me.

User is offline   Merlijn 

Yeah I'm one of those people who probably won't be able to play it.
But kudos for the trailer, looks really cool! :whistling:

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Worked for several hours making a secondary addon.
very neat coding.
For special items.
Items will be listed on the site once mod releases.

They are special addon, S, H, and I

[S] Orb of Shield (it makes a shield that protects you while you can shoot through it (1 way shield).. breaks after heavy damage.
wears out after 30 seconds or so.
You or monsters can walk through it but can't shoot through it. It has 2 side, 1 block weapons, 2 weaps goes through it.
It can be used indefinitely.

[H] Orb of Heath caps your health at 999.
Orb gets absorbed after 1 use.
no other items except this one can rise your health to 999.
you cannot take atomic health nor use med packs until health reaches the "legit amount"
You cannot use another one until your health is 510 or below.

[I] Orb of Invincibility.
That one makes you invincible for 1 minute.
Can only be used 1 time per level.
The item is good forever. (hardest one to get)
protect you against almost everything except falls, crush, deadly radiation and lethal things.
Some melee attacks can effect you.
Protects against most projectiles.

They are hard to find items

Made a little area to test those items.
SPOILER WARNING.
Spoiler

• Honored Donor

The AMC base invasion map is nearly complete. You'll be able to visit many never-before-seen areas of the base during the attack. There is, shall we say, some very good reasons why those areas were off-limits Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

Great. Episode 3 is coming along nicely. :whistling:

User is offline   Jblade 

There's no base invasion :whistling: That's just a hint of the improvements we've done to the AMC base.

View PostMicky C, on 31 March 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

The AMC base invasion map is nearly complete. You'll be able to visit many never-before-seen areas of the base during the attack. There is, shall we say, some very good reasons why those areas were off-limits Posted Image

Posted Image

YUSS!

I finished Episode 2 just this morning, and I already want more! Granted, I may need to replay to find some secrets I may have missed, but still---Episode 3 can't get here soon enough!

• Honored Donor

Did you find that secret level on mars during the final mission where you play as Sang chasing the guy in black you see at the end?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Micky C: 31 March 2016 - 12:51 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

A wacky 1st april map is comin'! Get ready for some crazy stuff!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I probably shouldn't post anything "serious" today, but what the hell.

• Honored Donor

That looks very familiar...

https://youtu.be/kTO...cBZ0?t=1h51m27s

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 01 April 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

That looks very familiar...

https://youtu.be/kTO...cBZ0?t=1h51m27s

I got the sprites from the Darkest Hour TC (made for Doom) and did my own edits on them to add a new sword swing, a blocking frame and some other stuff. I didn't even know that James had used them in AMC TC as well. It would have saved me some time had I known that because I could have started with his version as a base, already in Duke palette.

Having said that, it certainly doesn't surprise me to learn that AMC TC also uses the sprites...after all, that TC has sprites and edits of sprites from a large number of games. In fact it uses such a large number of tiles that it actually exceeds the max that EDuke32 can load, and you have to use tricks to make it work, right?

• Honored Donor

Actually, the devs doubled the max art limit specifically for the AMC TC. It's now in the 32000 range. Even then I'm a bit concerned we might approach that in future episodes with all the character art and stuff we need to work with, but there's also a feature to have map-specific art which is really handy for one-time use stuff.

I didn't even know that James had used them in AMC TC as well

Sounds like someone needs to play the TC Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 01 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Dan's one looks much much better than my attempt though :D With the per-map art tile stuff added in by helix, I think art tiles is at least one limit we don't need to worry about hitting any time soon (plus IIRC there's also talk of coding in a system that allows loading and unloading art tiles as well, which would be insanely useful as well)

This post has been edited by Jblade: 01 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJblade, on 01 April 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

Dan's one looks much much better than my attempt though :D

Your sprites look very clean and mine still need some work. My guy does a lot of different cool stuff, though. :blink:

User is offline   Hank 

another weekend's work ...

2007, borrowed tiles from Ken Silverman and Doom
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm sure glad I never issued that map. Posted Image

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

5char

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: shrinker_01.jpg

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Remember those gloss maps! :D

User is offline   TON 

What texture maps has that model? :D

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

diffuse, metallness, emission, roughness, transparency, normal

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

one more shot of that same room, but from a different angle and with the aforementioned "details" added. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers.

Didn't care too much for the new HRP Fem7 animation. So I been slowly working on re-rigging her and made some other teaks to the model..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: AsianDancerFrontDefault.png
  • Attached Image: AsianDancerFront.png
  • Attached Image: AsianDancerBack.png

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

Close to an initial release of Open 90's Deathmatch, just have a few duke sounds to replace and a bit of mapster work left.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It's been a while since I posted something here...
Some times there is just that feeling when you see something in real life and think "How would it look in Duke?, Some parallax there and..."

Reference

This could look so much better with some proper textures (Ones that don't belong to a bathroom watersink) and with some additional polish, but hey, even this looks rather decent.
Inspiration fodder for mappers. :D

Stats for nerds: about 5500 walls total, this includes four "ceiling lamp sections", (with 2+2 doors each) and the corner that is partially seen.
There are some easy wall optimizations that can be done.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

View Postoasiz, on 23 April 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

It's been a while since I posted something here...
Some times there is just that feeling when you see something in real life and think "How would it look in Duke?, Some parallax there and..."

Reference

This could look so much better with some proper textures (Ones that don't belong to a bathroom watersink) and with some additional polish, but hey, even this looks rather decent.
Inspiration fodder for mappers. :D

Stats for nerds: about 5500 walls total, this includes four "ceiling lamp sections", (with 2+2 doors each) and the corner that is partially seen.
There are some easy wall optimizations that can be done.

It looks like a corridor from the Milan gallery. Coincidence or inspiration?

Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

Damn that looks amazing. You mean 5500 walls for that sole corridor alone ? :D

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Methy: Thanks! Yeah, around that amount. Bunch of useless walls, I think that like 500 walls could be saved in an instant without changing the quality that you see now, I didn't really optimize as I simply wanted to try if it was possible to get it looking good enough in the first place :D
Current stat is at 5300 walls and each corner "side" is around 2.6k.

Fantinaikos: Coincidence, I've seen a few similar pictures and visited some years ago but the only reference picture I used was the one above, it's the same bit but rotated 90 degrees :blink:
Ceiling there looks freaking nice but I think that would eat at least 16k walls to get right :yucky:

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options