• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

Anyone playing on Xbox One? :whistling: I have a spare code for it

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What the heck....I apparently have rights to the Closed Beta on Steam. No idea how I got that....I preordered nothing. Strange.

EDIT: Apparently I DID preorder. I remember that a family member bought The New Order for me from Humble, but I don't remember it being a pre-order. In fact, I checked my Humble past purchases and it says I got my copy on November 2015. Seeing as it was released in 2014, I'm pretty sure that's not a pre-order. Steam thinks it is, though. It's listed as "Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Pre-Purchase."

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I don't think you actually needed to pre order TNO, even though it was advertised as such.

• The Sarien Encounter

Or Humble Steam keys are considered retail keys, because they do state that some retail copies have access. I don't know. Anybody here that owns TNO that doesn't have access to the closed beta?

User is offline   Malgon 

What do you guys think?

User is offline   X-Vector 

Sounds like Micky G's put a little too much NIN on his playlist lately.
Perhaps a cheeky reference to Bobby P "borrowing" from his favourite rock and metal artists in the original games?

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Sounds good. I was kind of let down when Trent Reznor was unable to score DOOM 3 because of issues with his manager at the time, John Malm. I love NIN in general so I'll take it.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I love how its an actual actor in a suit.

That trailer is the perfect amount of cheese

User is offline   MrFlibble 

They should make a full-fledged live-action film like that. I mean, I don't mind The Rock, Carl Urban and Rosamund Pike but the entire Doom movie should've been like the trailer above.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I can't wait to put a video up of it tonight if all goes well :blink: If that was Day of Doom the other day, then today is Doomsday :D

• The Sarien Encounter

So I got Doom all downloaded. Tried to run it and it kept choking and sputtering on the logo videos. They were smooth when they ran but randomly they'd just stop and the hard drive was working overtime. Clicking anything or pressing any keys to skip would just crash the game ("This program is not responding, do you want to wait or close etc"). Finally after about 5 attempts it starts up normally now with smooth logo videos without interruptions.Although, if you try to skip them for some reason Windows thinks that it's not responding...even though it's obviously running and I can see and hear everything that's going on. Anyway, the game loads up and my mouse is crawling on the screen. Must be getting like 15fps (last time I had that framerate that bad I was running a Voodoo 1 card playing Counter-Strike on my Celeron 266!). I turned down all the settings as low as I could (there aren't many options, and "Advanced" is grayed out). Still choppy. So I lowered the resolution from 1080p to 720p. Finally some smooth acceptable framerate. Of course, I haven't played yet so I have no idea what it'll be like when it plays.

The servers are still down as of now so I took the time to customize my character look. Not much options. Basically 1 suit with a slight variation setting for each limb, two adjustable colour areas (a la Half-Life 1 multiplayer) with about 6 or 7 colours to choose from (with 3 shades each), and 3 optional coloured patterns on top of that. You can even customize your weapons with the same options which is sort of neat. There are also weathering sliders for pristine/worn and dirty/clean and 3 tabs of material types: Glossy, Metallic, and ....another one I don't remember. The only one available right now is Glossy, though. And all of those options are available for the half dozen or so weapons. Pretty neat, I just wish there were more armour options. They're not that dissimilar at all, really. But this is a beta.

I don't expect I'll be able to play with my setup (the system requirements suggest at least a GTX 670, and I run a 460), but we'll see what happens.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 March 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Stuff about intro

+com_skipIntroVideo 1 in the launch options.

Also, you may have trouble. My GTX 560 would lag severely and even BSOD the machine due to memory thrashing. Then again, I had a 1gb card. If you have a 2gb card, you may be OK.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 31 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

Rage would just keep dropping texture detail (not like there was much to begin with) to keep the framerate at 60. I don't see why this would be any different since it's basically the same engine (they may have incremented the engine number but it's no id Tech 6 the way John Carmack planned it.) I'm curious if it's going to be another Rage, where the game ran correctly on consoles from the start but was an absolute disaster for the PC for quite a while.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostStrikerMan780, on 31 March 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

+com_skipIntroVideo 1 in the launch options.

Also, you may have trouble. My GTX 560 would lag severely and even BSOD the machine due to memory thrashing. Then again, I had a 1gb card. If you have a 2gb card, you may be OK.

Nope. I got a 1GB card.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

I will be broadcasting gameplay from my PS4 at 730 (one hour from this post)
https://www.twitch.tv/derrickwie123

This will be gameplay only, no commentary, no webcam of me

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 31 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

I hope nobody breaches the NDA of the closed beta is it?

• The Sarien Encounter

The website says we're allowed to share our beta experiences through video. I don't know if that includes live streaming, but I don't see why not.

Can I share my experience from the DOOM Closed Beta - via forum posts, gameplay streams, YouTube, etc.?

Yes, you may share your gameplay experiences from the DOOM Closed Beta. If you have any questions about sharing video content, please review our video policy.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

Lots of people will be livestreaming

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 March 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

The website says we're allowed to share our beta experiences through video. I don't know if that includes live streaming, but I don't see why not.

Whew! I was just looking out for others so they don't get into legal trouble!

• The Sarien Encounter

Sitting in a lobby with two other guys waiting for a 4th player...

Live, broadcast will be archived
https://www.twitch.tv/derrickwie123

Done broadcasting, here is the archive.
I play 5 matches, the first 4 are team deathmatch and the last is Warpath. I mostly stick to the rocket launcher and double barrel,
https://www.twitch.t...e123/v/57894811

Match times
2:50 Team Deathmatch on Infernal
13:10 Team Deathmatch on Heatwave
24:42 Team Deathmatch on Infernal
35:33 Team Deathmatch on Heatwave
43:50 Warpath on Infernal

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 31 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Been playing from minute 1, reached Level 14, now I've been waiting in an empty lobby for more than 15 minutes.

Why is this beta so empty?

How much confidence can you have in your game if you won't let the general public use the betas?

Managed to get the closed alpha to run at a playable framerate, so I recorded a video of me playing around with all the weapons (except for the machinegun, I forgot to switch to it near the end of the video):
I need to mess with my OBS settings more, the game was running at a stable 40-50fps, yet the recording is much, much laggier

• The Sarien Encounter

Played for a few minutes. Surprisingly performed better than I expected, considering my card is well below the min spec requirements. But the framerate was about 15-20 on average so not really very playable. Was nice to run around in and get destroyed, though. Very fast paced. I liked the feel. It would just take some time to get used to. If I'm going to buy the game, though, I definitely need to upgrade which is something I'm just not ready to do right now.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 March 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 March 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Played for a few minutes. Surprisingly performed better than I expected, considering my card is well below the min spec requirements. But the framerate was about 15-20 on average so not really very playable. Was nice to run around in and get destroyed, though. Very fast paced. I liked the feel. It would just take some time to get used to. If I'm going to buy the game, though, I definitely need to upgrade which is something I'm just not ready to do right now.

I was getting around 4 fps normally, try adding these lines to your config, they boosted the framerate majorly (4fps to 30-50 is a HUGE boost)
r_windowHeight "720"
r_windowWidth "1280"
r_fullscreen "0"
r_mode "-1"
vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly "512"
vt_pageImageSizeUnique "8192"

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 31 March 2016 - 09:46 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Like previously, the Bethesda logo froze my machine completely. After the obligatory "This game is borked, did you want Windows to take it out back of the woodshed?" and restart the game, all ran fine.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

So apparently I got a 2nd Beta Code cause I preordered Doom from NZ site Mighty Ape.

I've already got the Beta from my Alpha invites, so I'll post the code here for anyone, first come, first serve:

2DM3G-7WXNY-6FN0A

User is offline   Cage 

Finally, a proper way to play Doom

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options