• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Well, just one IIRC; wctime.map by James. Surely it's in the release version? It's at least in the development version. Couldn't find it after a quick look on the map in the game, but you should be able to play it through User maps -> dukeuserm folder in the main menu when starting a new game.

Took me about 10 minutes. Not the most christmas-themed map I've ever played but it had an enjoyable progression and the level's music helped with the theme a lot.

Yeah as I said apart from DHFC accessible only from the Usermap menu there's no special missions for XMas unless I looked the wrong way :/

EDIT : Ah yes WCtime but that map is more suited to Duke Plus, the adaptation in AMC is surely functional but for instance you don't see the wires in the "Wind Tunnels" and fortunately we're give a jetpack at some point.

Also DHFC is good but lacks in detailing and has a lot of invisible walls and it's quite hard as well especially with those damned trees that stop everything even beneath their leafs ...

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 24 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

I think I've played DHFC before (Not the AMC version though), but I don't think I've played WCtime though. I will give both maps a try when I get the chance.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Pyramid is almost finish, working on the boss of the level.

btw Merry X mas,.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 24 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Out of curiosity, what would've changed in James and Magnus' conversation before the final boss fight if I had shot him down in IW? Would he still be the bad guy, or would it be someone else?

• Honored Donor

Magnus survived the bullet to the head, as you'll see him with a band around his eye. The conversation reflects this. I myself haven't seen the ending if he *wasn't* shot.

Well... if you don't shoot him in IW, he reappears with the same sprite from IW. James is surprised Magnus is still alive (this doesn't change, I assume) and Magnus reply that James shouldn't have hoped him to wait around for the missile to explode.
I spared his life. A glimpse of mercy awakened in my heart after the final conversation on IW. :thumbsup:

View PostRhaisher, on 01 January 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Well... if you don't shoot him in IW, he reappears with the same sprite from IW. James is surprised Magnus is still alive (this doesn't change, I assume) and Magnus reply that James shouldn't have hoped him to wait around for the missile to explode.
I spared his life. A glimpse of mercy awakened in my heart after the final conversation on IW. :thumbsup:

You found it out in the CONV files or did you remove the "good-ending" file from DATA folder ?

Personally I found it in CONV, along with some Ep3 material ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

There's 2 branches in the Magnus conversation, one if you shot him or not in IW and then another depending on if you found the PATCOS files :thumbsup: I would of liked to of added another one depending on how much info you have on the Beyonders, but development time and stuff .etc

Hi all !

I got a question about "Another Big Base Attacked" ...

How do you actually get to that secret near the scientific that talks to you ? / the room next to the Blue Keycard slot ?

I see 2 possible ways but invisible walls prevents me from trying the window that is off on the second floor (it would allow us to walk over the glass corridor behind the Blue Keycard door and go through the vent of the room) or after we got the shield down we could jump on the roof from the stairs and land next to the room's vent but as I said invisible walls block us.

So how do we get in there legitimately ?

Thanks in advance ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

If you head to where you hear his final communication, there's a wall panel on the little staircase leading up the room. Press use on that to switch off the forcefield :thumbsup:

I think I see where this is, thanks I'll see about it :thumbsup:

Gee you were fast to reply XD

Can I replay both episodes in Professional without fear of losing my Armageddon progression/golden guns? Or should I make a copy of the folder where the game data is stored just in case - data folder and eduke32.cfg, right? :thumbsup: Fake edit: I've checked my Dropbox account and both files have already a security copy in there. ;)
The Armageddon playthrough left me with a bittersweet taste due to the extensive use of quicksave/quickload, so I want to *enjoy* the story/levels again instead of being focused on not dying/not doing anything stupid. ;)

I have to say that when I replayed 'The Revolution' in Armageddon... man... that level's atmosphere is awesome (the new secret too, heh...). Surprisingly I found it quite easy, I defeated the boss in my first attempt. :D

BTW, why did you change 'Snow Base' music when Mikko loads the virus? I have nothing against the new tune, it actually brings good memories from IW, but it caught me by surprise. :(
Where's that level's secret place, anyway? I've never found it. :)

• Honored Donor

Theoretically starting a new game should never let you lose any kind of progress/upgrades/purchases/achievements/whatever. However you never know what kind of bugs there are so making some kind of backup like you've done wouldn't be a bad idea.

Mikko's level has 2 secrets. One is by jumping into that culvert right at the start of the level instead of falling down into the underwater bit. The other one is under water, under the frozen ice in the area just after blowing the C4 in the tunnel and moving through the vent; there's some water to get into by the waterfall.

Personally I never lost any progression on medals except for the EDF Bureau mission where I can't have more than Expert medal :/

I didn't know there was a second secret in Mikko's map, I thought there was only the one at the start, there's 1 secret counted in the stats as far as I recall O_o

I've just checked and saw nothing, are you sure that second secret is not something you added for Ep3 ?

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 09 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

View Postthedrawliner, on 09 January 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

I've just checked and saw nothing [...]

Yeah... I checked that spot of unfrozen water a couple of times during my Armageddon playthrough and didn't find no secret. There's, as far as I can tell, no underwater sector in that spot. :thumbsup:

The secret before the underwater section makes sense, I've never tried to reach the other side of the hole in any of my playthroughs. I always searched for secrets once inside the base. Silly me. :)

• Honored Donor

It's possible that it's a new secret in the development build.

Which I've already spoiled for you... my bad.

View PostMicky C, on 09 January 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Which I've already spoiled for you... my bad.

Don't worry about it. Thanks for all the help provided. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Flanker15 

Just finished this excellent mod :thumbsup:
Was wondering about some stuff
Whats loadout cost do?
What did blowing up the robots on the oil rig do?
Whats the switch you fix on the satilite dish on the Russia level for?

View PostFlanker15, on 14 January 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Just finished this excellent mod :(
Was wondering about some stuff
Whats loadout cost do?
What did blowing up the robots on the oil rig do?
Whats the switch you fix on the satilite dish on the Russia level for?

1.- If you surpass 1K loadout points your reward in base budget for killing enemies will be reduced - or that's what I've been told, at least. :)

2.- You will lower the amount of those enemies you face in the tank section of 'Island Facility' - blowing the two robots from 'Oilrig' will put you in a fight against a single enemy in Easy/Normal and against 3 in higher difficulties (note that one of them is inside the big storage room near the switch to open the reactor section of the base - so you'll have to open the gate and quickly return to the tank). ;)

3.- It opens up a secret room protected by an energy field inside the palace. You'll access it as Highwire, not James. It contains Highwire's grenade launcher among other awesome inventory (you have to activate the switch after repairing it, BTW). :thumbsup:

User is offline   Jblade 

Glad you enjoyed the mod, thanks for the good words :thumbsup: Rhaisher is 100% correct in his replies - the base budget thing means that for every 1000 the loadout cost goes above, it takes away 1k from what you earn on a mission. Right now this is only possible with the most expensive stuff but as the episodes come out and more advanced technology is released it'll be easier and easier to hit the loadout cap. This is basically so for short missions you're inclined to not overload with equipment compared to the longer ones :)

• Honored Donor

So it does nothing if you're 999 or below?

User is offline   Jblade 

Pretty much, although I'm thinking of changing it to 500 minimum (either that or increasing the price of things) since right now you pretty much need a nuke and the riotgun-minigun before you hit 1000 :thumbsup:

Speaking of which I would like to ask something ...

Are Specialty weapons taken into account ?
If not do you intend to make them taken into account for the next release ?

That would already be a good increase in the use of loadout cost without inflation ^^

View Postthedrawliner, on 15 January 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

Speaking of which I would like to ask something ...

Are Specialty weapons taken into account ?
If not do you intend to make them taken into account for the next release ?

That would already be a good increase in the use of loadout cost without inflation ^^

Hmmmm... I don't know... the tradeoff of speciality weapons is the lack of upgrades. If they were to have points the 'normal' weaponry would have to have them as well - or the upgrades.
I like the way it is now: appart from the 'static' weaponry - 'normal'/'speciality' - everything cost points. This adds strategy at the time of deciding equipment - whether it is to overpower the character or balance his flaws. :thumbsup:

• Honored Donor

I thought the point of the specialty weapons was simply to give the player more options to customize how they want to play, and are roughly a sideways step from the regular weapons. For example, I get a new longslide pistol which does more damage than my original one, however it doesn't have the burst fire functionality that makes the original so powerful.

View PostMicky C, on 15 January 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

I thought the point of the specialty weapons was simply to give the player more options to customize how they want to play, and are roughly a sideways step from the regular weapons. For example, I get a new longslide pistol which does more damage than my original one, however it doesn't have the burst fire functionality that makes the original so powerful.

Man, I love that pistol. It's true that Micky's initial pistol is good. But I liked the Longslide better since the very first time I equipped it. :thumbsup:

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

Hello !!

I have 2 questions :

1_ Where does Jane actually come from ?

I don't see any mention of her in Imagination World and in the intro of AMC we see her with James in the Epion while in IW she wasn't there... is she related to Brave New World TC ?

2_ Why is Jane able to follow us (just like John does in regular missions) in the end game discotech ?
Is it a leftover from an aborted project ?

Thanks in advance for answering ^^

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 29 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

View Postthedrawliner, on 29 February 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

1_ Where does Jane actually come from ?

I THINK that she is (or was intended to be) James 'sidekick' in Imagination World. A computer inside MJ12's waste disposal facility lists all of MJ12's enemies and threats. James and Jane (a female agent of the EDF, at least) are listed as EDF agents that pose a peril to MJ12 ambitions.
You were even able to play as her in defense mode (if I'm not mistaking characters, that is). :whistling:

Tartarus episode, where James met Minerva, was taken off from IW due to James running out of steam. :woot:

John, on the other hand, is exclusive of AMC TC (aside from having one hell of good jokes). :P

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 29 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options