Duke4.net Forums: Tim Schafer really is a shitty human being. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tim Schafer really is a shitty human being.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Long video but it's fucking eye opening until the very end. This does not feel like 22 minutes!

TL:DR this whole "investors" thing he has going on is a scam. The narrator of this video is a financial analyst.

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

This all sounds very bad. I've read about such things before. Not exactly this but similar. The problem is they can suck in a lot of people in broad daylight before they are caught.

It would be very dangerous to give Tim Schafer any money!

John Romero: More trustworthy than Tim Schafer?

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Question No. 1 is "If you got 3Mil for the first kickstarter, and the game did good numbers, why are you coming back to kickstarter to fund the second game?"

The fine print in the Fig EULA is completely standard. It is just like the stock market. Even if shenanigans were not occuring, you have to realise that if the game tanks, you'll get sod-all. Some tard will try to sue them otherwise, even if they do their best to make the game/website succeed and it isn't successfull.

It's entirely like betting on horses. NEWSFLASH (not!) - Buying stocks in the volatile games industry is dangerous! ERMAGERD!!!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 30 December 2015 - 01:46 AM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

In reality, all fans have to do, is not give him money.
(hopefully they'll realize this eventually)

If large publishers aren't supporting Tim Schafer, It's for good reason.
There's a reason Bobby Kotick said what he said way back when:

"I've never met him in my life – I've never had anything to do with him. I never had any involvement in the Vivendi project that they were doing, Brütal Legend, other than I was in one meeting where the guys looked at it and said, 'He's late, he's missed every milestone, he's overspent the budget and it doesn't seem like a good game. We're going to cancel it.'

"And do you know what? That seemed like a sensible thing to do. And it turns out, he was late, he missed every milestone, the game was not a particularly good game..."

If large publishers are no longer wanting to support his games, (besides the occasional HD Re-release) we shouldn't support his games either.
(especially since the same thing can be applied to several of the games he has made after Brütal Legend)

However, he met a Rock God, so +1 to him.
Posted Image
Now calling him a shitty human being?
Well I don't know him that well, so I can't say anything about it.

RANT:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 30 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Eh, he's not a shitty human being. Human beings scam people and pull bullshit like this all the time--by that metric, he's doing a great job of being a human!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Creative people always miss milestones. That's Kotick's and every large corporation's problem. They don't allow creativity. They're just too used to talentless hacks churning out formulaic crap every year.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 December 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Creative people always miss milestones. That's Kotick's and every large corporation's problem. They don't allow creativity. They're just too used to talentless hacks churning out formulaic crap every year.

The problem is that a creative person is asking a corporation for money and time, something the corporation can't just keep doing and doing without any constraints.
Duke Nukem Forever is an example of this, as well as Daikatana. The Double Fine adventure game is another example; people piled on money for Doublefine, they missed the release of the game, asked for even more money to finish it, and then finally it came out in two parts.
Many people were pissed at how it all went down; however people weren't paying over $10 million like corporations are.

Its a give and take; a truly creative person without constraint won't necessarily create a masterpiece. A strictly time and money budgeted game also won't be the most unique thing ever, however it will at least come out and have XYZ features implemented.

What else is new?

View PostTerminX, on 30 December 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Eh, he's not a shitty human being. Human beings scam people and pull bullshit like this all the time--by that metric, he's doing a great job of being a human!

Maybe it's because I'm a moral purist, but if you're young, I'll look the other way.

When you're in your 40's you shouldn't be lying to people like this, period. Show some growth as a person and improve your management skills. Stop exploiting others to cover up your own weaknesses.

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 01 January 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

What else is new?

This kind of shit is why the industry just keeps getting worse. Top to bottom it's pure shit, a fucking cancer.

Usually when things get this bad the people within would have to fix it, but I can't think of any other industry dominated by Californian beta males.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 01 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

'I'm a moral purist'

Person of Color, 1-2 year of our lord 2016

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCarl Winslow, on 02 January 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

'I'm a moral purist'

Person of Color, 1-2 year of our lord 2016

Still more trustworthy than Ted Cruz.

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 02 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

He's Hispanic and Canadian...I can't think of anything worse. He's not your amigo, buddy!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options