Duke4.net Forums: Dark Level development - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Level development  "Reloading :-)"

View PostLeoD, on 13 December 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Whoa, you've gotten far enough already to make such a proposal?

I want to get as many content guys as possible for when I do release a public build for people to test.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 December 2015 - 06:17 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 15 December 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

I want to get as many content guys as possible for when I do release a public build for people to test.

You can expect on me! Let know when the betta is ready...

So, the project is more alive than dead

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Looking nice as usual. Did you manage to solve your Polymer issues?

The map with which there was a problem was with a large number of models. Consistently I deleted models, lighting and sectors, but the problem remained. Most likely, the problem was with huge a code. I have overestimated possibilities of CON. There is no the OOP, even Procedural programming. For this reason I have decided to rewrite a code anew and I will try to hold balance between quality and performance. Well and time so why not to experiment with a Silent Hill like camera.
P.S. Yes, I know that a game is very similar to Silent Hill. And now it will be similar even more. For me SH is an ideal from International Bureau of Weights and Measures in the world of a horror. Aniway, it will not be just another one clone SH.
P.P.S. If it is interesting to someone, I can bring an old game to quite playble state and publish for community.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Glad to see this is back.

User is offline   Mark 

It might be worth having another experienced coder look at your code. Its possible there is a more efficient way of coding the same thing. I've read plenty of threads where someone wrote code that worked but the routine updated every tic instead of only when needed and it slowed things down.

I am very interested in seeing what you have so far so if you feel like releasing the "old game" I'll be sure to check it out.

ok guys. How do you like this style?

User is offline   Mark 

I actually liked it better with the original first person perspective. I like third person perspective in many other games but when it comes to creepy/scary games looking at the player moving around on the screen and swirling around camera angles seems like a distraction from the dark mood. I'm sure I'll love your game either way but I would prefer first person. Glad to hear work continues on your project.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 January 2017 - 03:46 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options