Duke4.net Forums: Dark Level development - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Level development  "Reloading :-)"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Ah if it's a mannequin then "its" might be better after all. If you want to be anal about it then don't put an apostrophe before the s or else it's a contraction for "it is" instead of indicating possession.

Seriously though you'd want to check the second half of the second paragraph :P

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Yeah, what's going on with that TV? If it's broken, how is it working? If it seems to be working, why does he think it's broken? What does the player see when he encounters the TV?

If it's working, but it isn't plugged in, then you could say "Woah! This thing isn't plugged in! How is it working?"

A UK slang version of the text would be amusing. It might bump the age rating up a bit though :P

EDIT: You may want to change out the disclaimer for one of the standard ones you can grab around the net.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 16 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

I need spanish and english native speakers for betatest. Somebody wants?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Gambini could probably do the Spanish...

Edit: Why do you need all these damn languages for anyway? Just have Russian and English.

It's not like you are making some international released game here.

This post has been edited by The Angry Kiwi: 06 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 06 August 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Traducing? or just check if everything is grammar OK, I can do spanish for sure. I've had some free time all the nights of this week. PM me. :(

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 06 August 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Gambini could probably do the Spanish...Edit: Why do you need all these damn languages for anyway? Just have Russian and English.It's not like you are making some international released game here.

Although English is the international idiom, it doesn't seem excessive to use various languages to me.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 06 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 06 August 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

I sent you a PM.

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 06 August 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Gambini could probably do the Spanish...

I speak argentinean.

I don´t have time to betatest the mod but I could do grammar check/translations if I´m provided of the texts.

Posted Image

How to remove hands when idle

User is offline   Jblade 

setplayer[THISACTOR].knuckle_incs 0

Stick that in the APLAYER actor

Demo release

there any way to know sprite size from con code? Not xrepeat/yrepeat but real size.
That which is described dummytile
dummytile <tilenum> <X-DIMENSION> <Y-DIMENSION>

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 28 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

There's no internal function afaik, although maybe I'm wrong on that.

But if you know the original dimensions you can get an approximation by saying (for example):
setvar tile_x 48
mulvar tile_x 65536
divvar tile_x 64
getactor[THISACTOR].xrepeat TEMP
mulvarvar tile_x TEMP
divvar tile_x 65536

The multiplication by 65536 was to prevent huge inaccuracies from everything being integer operations.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 28 August 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

there any way to know sprite size from con code?

The height of a sprite in Build z units is four times the product of its tile's tilesizy and its .yrepeat.

I neede to find some dependens between sprite size, xrepeat and build units for any sprite.
In value sprite size and xrepeat/yrepeat
Out value build units.

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 29 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 29 August 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

In value sprite size and xrepeat/yrepeat
Out value build units.

Helixhorned has just given you the correct solution.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 29 August 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

I neede to find some dependens between sprite size, xrepeat and build units for any sprite.

If you're looking to calculate a sprite's width (i.e. using xrepeat), it's the same thing when you keep in mind that z units are scaled by 16 relative to x or y units. From the Lunatic manual:

u8 xrepeat, yrepeat
The size of the sprite in each dimension. For wall- and floor- aligned sprites, a value of 64 means a width of 16 x/y BUILD units or a height of 256 z BUILD units per texel.

• Evil Overlord

In other words, for a 64x64 tile, if floor aligned it will cover a single size 1 grid square (1024 build units in both directions), and if it's wall/view aligned it will be 1024 units horizontally but 16384 units vertically.

By getting the current tile size you can do the math Helix mentioned to get the build units in any direction, you just have to check alignment.

I forgot tilesizex/y existed. That will let you do the math without having to know the original tile size.

Ok,I decided to publish the progress of development in this thred.
Generator engine start and work sounds. Used different sounds at different distances.

And some screenshots
Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 26 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Looking really good! Is there a way for the environmental light to affect the player's hand as well? that would make it look much better.

User is offline   bobaverill 

Truly remarkable that this was done with eDuke32. If I didn't know any better I could have mistaken it for a Unity game. My only gripes relate to the rigid feeling of certain gameplay mechanics, and that certain effects (viewing photos, the black swirly static) are in 4*3, so they don't look right in widescreen. Minor game design niggles, the technical stuff is already sound.

This post has been edited by bobaverill: 04 October 2015 - 06:55 PM

Elevator work

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 17 October 2015 - 01:01 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen!
For about two years I've been working on my game. At the moment, a lot is completed, compared with the public demo version. I love to develop games, and especially the theme of psychological horror. I had to learn a lot during this two years: texturing, modeling, work with sound, and of course programming. But now I am faced with insurmountable difficulties. More precisely: with the performance of the polymer engine. Attempts to optimize the locations did not give an acceptable result. Besides, the experience of the players in the demo showed that light is not working properly at 30% of the players. I am sad to say this, but I have to suspend the development of the game, to the optimization of the polymer engine. Thanks to all who helped me and participated in the development!

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

NO,NO, NO. Its too good to stop now. I'm just finishing up with the Decay project and I could try to help you with anything. I had to optimize some maps for better framerate plus we used some code that shuts off lights not in the player's view. Both of those things helped a lot.

How bad does it get? What are your computer specs?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Yeah, this didn't look anything like a Duke game. No offence, but it really showed what you could do with the platform. What problems did you have?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you haven't noticed, there are people working on optimizing polymer right now.

• Evil Overlord

If you're not blocked on engine features then you should continue development with the intention that those issues will be fixed in the future.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View PostMark., on 11 December 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

I had to optimize some maps for better framerate plus we used some code that shuts off lights not in the player's view. Both of those things helped a lot.

View PostMicky C, on 11 December 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

If you haven't noticed, there are people working on optimizing polymer right now.

This.

Давай чувак, не останавливай ся, можно еще дофига оптимизирова ть, парни тебе помогут

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 11 December 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Ladies and Gentlemen!
For about two years I've been working on my game. At the moment, a lot is completed, compared with the public demo version. I love to develop games, and especially the theme of psychological horror. I had to learn a lot during this two years: texturing, modeling, work with sound, and of course programming. But now I am faced with insurmountable difficulties. More precisely: with the performance of the polymer engine. Attempts to optimize the locations did not give an acceptable result. Besides, the experience of the players in the demo showed that light is not working properly at 30% of the players. I am sad to say this, but I have to suspend the development of the game, to the optimization of the polymer engine. Thanks to all who helped me and participated in the development!

Posted Image

Would you be interested in seeing how your mod works with PolymerNG?

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 December 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yes, of course I want to try!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 December 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Whoa, you've gotten far enough already to make such a proposal?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options