• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I wonder where that song comes from.
Music used for that extremely enormous boss.
Like a heavy metal song.

User is offline   Jblade 

It's a track called 'The Recon mission' by Zander Noriega (from OpenGameArt.org) :)

btw guys I beleive I'm very close to nailing the disapearing messages bug!

This post has been edited by Jblade: 02 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

View Postthedrawliner, on 02 December 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Oh I just had a feeling I was saying something wrong, been so long I couldn't remember accurately, thanks Jolt ^^ And indeed one shot of those sets a full armor to 0 on that difficulty, the blastard ...

No problem. :)

I suppose you too de-activate auto-aim when back to a lower difficulty than Pro ?

Uh... no i don't. :)

Also, love the Christmas theme in the amc base.

Attached Image: duke0035.png Attached Image: duke0036.png Attached Image: duke0037.png

User is offline   Rhaisher 

I suppose you too de-activate auto-aim when back to a lower difficulty than Pro ?

In my case... I never use auto-aim. No matter what difficulty I'm playing in. You'll see... I ALWAYS aim for a headshot, no matter what, so I can't use auto-aim. Sure, you may waste some ammo trying to hit the right spot, but it's worth. For instance, those red armored versions of normal enemies suppose no problem for me. :P
BTW, I main James with FN57, XM8, LR-300 and AN-94 so I always have at hand a weapon with a lasersight/scope. ;)

thedrawliner, on 02 December 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

a pigcop that shoots explosive rounds at you

"I hate pigs." :) Except when they drop those MARVELOUS explosive shotgun shells. ;) I remember killing the first Battlelord of Mega Base using those. :D (In EP1's Pro)

Jblade, on 02 December 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

It's a track called 'The Recon mission' by Zander Noriega (from OpenGameArt.org) :P

That fight is awesome. The musical choice really suits it. :P BTW, it stops for a moment when the battle ends, Micky says something about the precog machines and then continues. Is that how it's supposed to work? Or is there a blank in the song that always coincides with the moment I defeat the boss? :) The blank is badass, but if it's intentional... it should last for the entire conversation. :D

Edit: I've just beat EP2 in Professional. The extra ending scene is hilarious! :D

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 03 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

it's a co-incidence, I should force the music to stop really since it does drown out the dialogue.

Edit: I've just beat EP2 in Professional. The extra ending scene is hilarious! :)

Cool, and now you have an idea of what to expect in ep3 :)

Right now I'm working on filling out the EDF Missions, I've added a bunch more - I've also started to add a cutscene shot at the end of each map that gives you it's full name and author. I hated the abrubt cuts that the game released with - once they're all done I might make them a bit more interesting but at the very least it's not just an instant trip back to the AMC base when you finish the level anymore.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 02 December 2015 - 11:57 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRhaisher, on 02 December 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

I've just beat EP2 in Professional. The extra ending scene is hilarious! :)

What lines in particular did you like the best?

View PostMicky C, on 03 December 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

What lines in particular did you like the best?

It's when a while since EP2's release, but I'll use the spoiler feature anyway...
Spoiler

Whenever I finish the Armageddon playthrough, I'll take Mapster32 more seriously - I want to make a map for the TC (thanks for the guides you recommended me some time ago, BTW). Right now I'm just messing around and trying effects (in vanilla Duke). But I'm already planning to 'port' a map I made when I was a teenager for Unreal Tournament (for vanilla Duke again). It was inspired in Duke anyway, so I don't know how it'll turn out. :)

User is offline   Jblade 

Spoiler

Whenever I finish the Armageddon playthrough, I'll take Mapster32 more seriously - I want to make a map for the TC (thanks for the guides you recommended me some time ago, BTW). Right now I'm just messing around and trying effects (in vanilla Duke). But I'm already planning to 'port' a map I made when I was a teenager for Unreal Tournament (for vanilla Duke again). It was inspired in Duke anyway, so I don't know how it'll turn out. :)

Well, we do need mappers and I'm gonna welcome any newer ones now (as long as they're willing to collaborate on maps with me) so let me know if you ever want to take part in helping make the TC :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I love the smell of Brimstone in the morning

Damn... I've just finished 'Millhaven' in Armageddon. I did so well in 'Mega Base' (thanks, in part, to that neat supply-drop feature) that underestimated 'Dis Base' difficulty. Deadly error. After dying a lot and quick saving/reloading several times I adapted to this insane difficulty. In any case it's lots of fun. :P (The fifth medal is precious *-*)
BTW, Millhaven suffers, ATM, the same bug that resets the timer/kill count in 'Zeta Base' - I guess that it has to do with loading two maps inside the same mission. It's a shame that, after beating the map, you only get 2k of base budget. :) (My last kill count was only of 2 - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, xD! :))

Edit: Has Rusty left the community? :P

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 03 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostRhaisher, on 03 December 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Damn... I've just finished 'Millhaven' in Armageddon. I did so well in 'Mega Base' (thanks, in part, to that neat supply-drop feature) that underestimated 'Dis Base' difficulty. Deadly error. After dying a lot and quick saving/reloading several times I adapted to this insane difficulty. In any case it's lots of fun. :P (The fifth medal is precious *-*)
BTW, Millhaven suffers, ATM, the same bug that resets the timer/kill count in 'Zeta Base' - I guess that it has to do with loading two maps inside the same mission. It's a shame that, after beating the map, you only get 2k of base budget. :) (My last kill count was only of 2 - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, xD! :))

That bug should be fixed now, so don't worry about that (also you earn 1k budget for every 15 enemies killed instead of 30 so you earn MUCH more money now)

Edit: Has Rusty left the community? :P

He did pop in once but yeah, like Geoffrey and Highwire he's moved on to different pastures. He did start a map that I hope to finish for this episode so at least his arc with Hyde will have a conclusion.

You forgot the best reference:

Spoiler

That reminds me, I haven't actually given proper feedback on the episode, even though I completed it.
Will do so properly when I have time.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 03 December 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

You forgot the best reference:

Spoiler

That reminds me, I haven't actually given proper feedback on the episode, even though I completed it.
Will do so properly when I have time.

heh heh, Sang got a chuckle out of that as well. The actual password is a reference to E.Y.E divine cybermancy.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I wonder if any1 has started making levels yet for EP3?

Me I'm working on the forgotten temple.
You know the jungle base where you go down in the cave and see a weird temple with an artifact on its roof.

In the map I'm working on we return into the Jungle Base's wreckage.
We play small part of it to gather a certain thing to open that door of the temple and we enter it.

• Honored Donor

Since before episode 3's release, I've been working on a map loosely based on my University. I'm also working on a Command and Conquer map, that will most likely be a 10-15 minute optional mission.

Snowfall has also done 3 maps which will be incorporated into the episode. There's also a few egypt maps in the works by myself and Loke, and a few other older half-finished maps that will be finished up for the episode.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

temple will have some Egyptian related stuff
is kinda pyramid-temple hybrid type
99.9% of it is underground.
~0.1% is the thing we see in the lava cave (it's entrance)

• Honored Donor

Along with Spookycut that'll be the 2nd map with an egyptian theme that won't fit in with the multi-character Egypt segment of the episode Posted Image

I'd always wondered what the point of that temple in the map was. Anyway good to hear you're making a new map for Episode 3 Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 03 December 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Since before episode 3's release, I've been working on a map loosely based on my University. I'm also working on a Command and Conquer map, that will most likely be a 10-15 minute optional mission.

Snowfall has also done 3 maps which will be incorporated into the episode. There's also a few egypt maps in the works by myself and Loke, and a few other older half-finished maps that will be finished up for the episode.

So I guess the next episode will feature Powerslave enemies? :)

I expect that all right ^^

BTW hadn't Zaxtor made a usermap for his mod Oblivion ? It would be nice to have it in AMC as an EDF Mission since it's not cannon with Oblivion's plot in the first place ?

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postthedrawliner, on 05 December 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

BTW hadn't Zaxtor made a usermap for his mod Oblivion ? It would be nice to have it in AMC as an EDF Mission since it's not cannon with Oblivion's plot in the first place ?

it wouldn't really be feasible to port it across - new Zaxtor maps are much better anyways so I'm looking forward to seeing more of his new one :)

Ep3 will have some Powerslave enemies but I will also use some other egyptian style stuff since I don't want to rip off Powerslave completely.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View Postthedrawliner, on 05 December 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

yes
The user map named HXC98_BASE?
The level requires coding to function and Oblivion game.con has some coding in it to make it work.
And has some customized textures and certain textures slots are in the one that AMC TC has taken for diff textures.
Would require reorganizing textures etc.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 05 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

And James when the EP3 textures etc will come out?

• Honored Donor

There are details on how to get the latest development version of the AMC TC in the private forum at amcwebforums.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Shots of the pyramid in the cave near Jungle base.
if you remember that Strange forgotten pyramid in Ep2's jungle base.
But first will show screenies of whatever is left of the jungle base.
Posted Image

Now the forgotten pyramid screenies.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 10 December 2015 - 01:38 PM

• Honored Donor

Why is the visibility in those rooms so low? It's extremely unnatural. Better to have normal (or even higher visibility) and a darker shade IMO.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Dunno your screen brightness settings.
Mine is normal and I see pretty well.
Even in x2 darker rooms

If you use nightsight.
You will see much better.
There are nightsights lying around.
They have a longer lifespan than normal duke one.

Look how well we can see with ns's

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 11 December 2015 - 12:54 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Yeah it doesn't look too dark here, NVG do last much longer and there's also an upgrade that lets them recharge up to around 15% if they run out (I think it's in the research bay in the ghost ship) If you're planning on giving the player NVG than setting the visibility to low is a much better idea as the NVG removes that, whereas darker shading doesn't really increase that much when the NVG are turned on.

Looks good Zaxtor!

This post has been edited by Jblade: 11 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

Agreed ! Besides in AMC and NVGs have a much better effect than in the original duke in which it just helped spot enemies and hidden messages, in AMC it also helps you see farther even in daytime which the original duke's does not especially in HRP. And as James said, having the research that recharges them makes such segments way less problematic than they would have been with the original Duke system.

Besides since the base it totally destroyed, having pitch black areas is simply coherent since there's no way the power can still work and I'm pretty sure back-up generators have been blown up by debris or shock-waves besides it adds to the ambiance. Besides Zaxtor said there's plenty of NVG so we shouldn't worry about that.

I'm so hyped about it, it looks like some levels of Oblivion a bit like the "Lost World" map or the "Floating Island" but with a more Egyptian dimension (logic) :thumbsup:

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Floating island on Oblivion Ep4
has a small pyramid in the desert part of the floating island.

View PostZaxtor, on 11 December 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Floating island on Oblivion Ep4
has a small pyramid in the desert part of the floating island.

Yes that's the one :thumbsup:
But I'd say the temple in Ep3 before the "Temple of Illusion' is a bit similar in architecture although less square-based, and the Pyramid in "Floating Island" is harder but smaller and easier than the one in "Temple of Illusions" (which is why I always take the secret level because I hate that pyramid and it allows me both to skip it and get all geared-up ^^) but we're no longer in AMC there ^^;

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options