Duke4.net Forums: Gearbox searches developer to help with new Duke Nukem game - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gearbox searches developer to help with new Duke Nukem game

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 September 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I really don't understand the complaints for this game...go back to 1998, it was the best thing around.

Not really. I can think of tons of better games released in late 1997 and 1998. SiN, Goldeneye, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, Thief, Unreal. Hell, Realms of the Haunting came out in 1996 and is 2.5D and has better storytelling.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I'm sorry, but it's laughable that you're comparing GoldenEye to Half-Life. Say what you will about the latter, but it was on a completely different technological plane than the former, even given that GoldenEye was possibly the best FPS for the console at the time.

Also, GE has its fair share of stupid levels, like Control.

Unreal is a fair comparison, though.

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 28 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I can sit down in an afternoon and beat Goldeneye and enjoy myself. I can't even get myself to play ten fucking minutes of Half Life because I have to sit on a fucking train.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 28 September 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

I can sit down in an afternoon and beat Goldeneye and enjoy myself. I can't even get myself to play ten fucking minutes of Half Life because I have to sit on a fucking train.

Yeah, to be fair, I skip the train sequence when playing Half-Life Source.

It's a fun gimmick once. It's not at all great for replay value.

Actually, I struggle playing through Half-Life 2 for that reason. There's just too many non-combat sequences in the beginning. It's not a pick-up-and-go game.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Operation Body Count and Corridor 7... fun and innovative. The whole healing chamber concept in Corridor 7 was a great idea, the multi-player as office objects was brilliant too. :)

Half Life... it used to crash on all of my machines constantly when I got it. I had to constantly save to reload after a crash. Later I tried it on a more modern PC, which didn't crash, but lost interest after a couple of hours.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nerves Of Steel.

And yes, I forgot about Unreal. That was a great game. Though, I liked HL's storytelling much more. Unreal had the exact same adventure/discovery feel.....and ironically it was more linear than HL. I don't think there was a single instance of a hub type scenario area where you had to keep going back and forth everywhere. You were just trudging through on and on. So in that respect, Half-Life was more complex. It was also certainly better than getting story updates from log entries of dead bodies. No characters of importance at all. Just monsterous aliens, animals, and the Nali. Unreal was innovative and remains one of my favourite games ever (and, IMO, the only good Unreal game. MP-only sucks, unless you're an HL mod)

And yes, as awesome as Goldeneye was, it is no where near as good as Half-Life OR Unreal.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Half-Life isn't even good. It's a snooze fest with scripted sequences. Blue Shift and OpFor are pretty much the same shit but much shorter (which is what makes it enjoyable.)

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I can see why some people wouldn't like Half-Life...it came at a critical turning point when games were evolving from the "run and gun" Doom formula into a more intricate form of storytelling. In a way, the original Half-Life was released at sort of an awkward stage for gamers where its new and unique(for 1998, that is) gameplay took some getting used to. If you enter it with an open mind and a vivid imagination, I honestly think you can get a lot out of it. If you see it for what is actually is....well, perhaps not so much. I always saw it as more of an entertaining exercise in "make-believe" than anything else. But that's just me... At the end of the day, I really fail to see the purpose or need to try and convince others that something such as a game they appreciate is "bad". The chances of actually changing their minds is slim to none and even if you do, what do you have to gain? Obviously, I like to hear others' opinions, but when they come across as "you're wrong to like x, y, or z" it just rubs me the wrong way. Whether or not you enjoy HL1 or Superman 64 makes really no difference in the sense that nobody's getting hurt in the process. When people treat an affinity towards a certain game as the equivalent of some sort of detrimental behavior like a drug addiction just because they don't happen to agree with someone else's personal preferences, it irks me a bit. It's kinda like those religious freaks trying to "save" others from eternal damnation due to their conflicting albeit harmless views.

Every time I enter here I think someone reached out to Gearbox to reboot the franchise.. Instead I see people discussing random stuff..

User is offline   X-Vector 

Bunch of revisionist nonsense in here, best of game of '98 was unquestionably Deer Avenger.

Posted Image

Flawless victory.

User is offline   Malgon 

^I expect a post from Deuce to follow after seeing the word 'droppings'. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Y'all cray as all hell. We are talking the mighty
Posted Image
Was the No. 1 game of all time.

Dishonorable mention must go to the soundtrack of the (cough) classic Big Red Racing:

"That isn't my belly button!"
"That isn't my finger!"

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostX-Vector, on 29 September 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Bunch of revisionist nonsense in here, best of game of '98 was unquestionably Deer Avenger.

<snip snip>

Flawless victory.

Oh god, I remember that little time-waster. Fun for 30 minutes. I never played the sequel, which I gather was an attempt at a proper FPS.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 28 September 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Hell, Realms of the Haunting came out in 1996 and is 2.5D and has better storytelling.

Posted Image

Hands down best first person adventure game (also Normality that runs on the same engine).

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

View PostTea Monster, on 29 September 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

Y'all cray as all hell. We are talking the mighty
Posted Image
Was the No. 1 game of all time.

Re-Volt still has a large community with mod support and online mp :) Plus the front end music was the best hehe. Acclaim/Iguana made some good games but Turok was the best. GoldenEye and Turok 2 were big competitors actually. Turok 1 had no mp and Turok 2 was going to go the same route. But with 007 out, the mp was needed to even compete. Two games you can just jump into and play plus mp. Thread changes to gaming general.

Turok is better then all of your opinions especially since I never even heard of some xD

This post has been edited by RIPGhost: 29 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDukeNukem64, on 28 September 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Every time I enter here I think someone reached out to Gearbox to reboot the franchise.. Instead I see people discussing random stuff..

As someone who spent a considerable amount of pre-DNF time on the 3DR forums, I've fully come to expect this. :) If you enter with lowest of expectations, there's no chance of being disappointed! :)

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

View PostDuke Rocks, on 29 September 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

As someone who spent a considerable amount of pre-DNF time on the 3DR forums, I've fully come to expect this. :) If you enter with lowest of expectations, there's no chance of being disappointed! :D

There is nothing to be dissapointed about honestly at least not here on this thread. Its just random talk about good games. Something i am sure we all hope we could have in a new Duke. Who knows its like research :) So far we have learned somethings in what we want by saying opinions. Like we want some adventure to the game not walking in a path with music playing everytime aliens show up. Maybe Gear in the box checks this thread they don't want to fail again. So ideas can only help :)

This post has been edited by RIPGhost: 29 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I used to play Turok on the N64. I quite enjoyed it at the time, but I found it a bit repetiive. I think I prefered Banjo Kazooie, which is saying something. That was a shit-ton of years ago. Hardly seems like it in some ways.

There isn't much to talk about on this thread. It may be that GBX are in talks with a studio now to get the next Duke game in production - or maybe they aren't. Either way, if we do hear something, I have a strong suspicion that we won't be pleased by what we hear.

Better to enjoy what you had then fret over what might be.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'm not replying to anything else. I'm not one to argue about opinions, but Half-Life is straight up terrible so I'm getting this out of my system now so I can use it in the future. This is a long ass post for a reason. This game sucks that much ass.

View PostTea Monster, on 27 September 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Half life was the first shooter to have any kind of story. It was the first shooter to have 'real' NPCs who impacted the story as characters. Half life showed the way.

Are you fucking shitting me? SiN absolutely rapes it in every category, ESPECIALLY THIS. I'd go so far as to say SiN is the greatest FPS of all time and the fifth greatest game ever made, it knocked Sonic 3 and Knuckles off my top 5 after 20 years of sitting happy.

Here's some shit SiN has - keep in mind this is SiN! Everything except vehicles is implemented better than modern games, or occasionally, as good:

-First off, FUCKING LEVELLORD. And his levels in this game make Duke 3D's look like amateur hour.

-The best objective based gameplay out there. Although you usually have vague objectives, sometimes they are more specific to advance the plot, and they never hold your hand. They continually evolve and change in mission. Your resident hacker, JC, helps you out throughout the game, including breaking into all kinds of systems. Man, I wonder where Warren Spector got that idea?

-Levels that are always relevant to the plot and have a meaning to Elexis Sinclaire's master plan. That said, it's usually up to YOU to figure out the meaning, and it makes them really impressive. All Valve did was get rid of loading screens so gaming journalists would drink their cum. SO INNOVATIVE!

-Fantastic underwater levels! No, you didn't misunderstand me! SiN really is that amazing!

-A secret level, a geothermal plant, that contains a super secret level which turns out to be the part of the secret level you can't reach. You have to figure out the correct order to destroy the generating equipment in these levels in the correct order or you'll damage the facility and your progress will be blocked. You will have to go back to the level you came from, or progress to the next one early. The next two levels after this one are now filled with lava if you did your job correctly. In the super secret level, you can access an observation deck, and through a window you see a bizzarre spinning machine with platforms on it. If you blow three pumps in the super secret level, three levels later you actually enter the room with the spinning machine and you can see the super secret level from within the normal level's window. But now you notice there's no boiling water below the machine - so you jump down, and enter a drainage gate. Behold, a SUPER SUPER secret level. No other game ever made has shit on this. Do you have an erection yet? Because I do just thinking about it.

-A really good plot with ACTUAL cause and effect, like Mass Effect without the lovely blue space waifus.

-An awesome antagonist who's every bit as mysterious and terrible as a human being. I'm not gonna lie her voice actress kind of gives me a mental erection, like Judy Greer's voiceover of Cheryll on Archer. I didn't even know any other person was capable of doing that. She's such a piece of shit she uses sex to bribe her workers and scientists into doing what she wants. Complete and total narcissist. Fuck the G-Man. If you going to create something mysterious, give it SOME background so people can theorize on it's motives.

-Combat that's super dependent on headshots and hitpoints!

-Armor that only covers your torso, legs or head, and you can only loot armor less damaged than yours!

-REALLY GOOD VOICE ACTING!

-A FANTASTIC SOUNDTRACK!

-Super short vehicle segments!

I'm still leaving TONS OF SHIT out. If you haven't played SiN yet, DO IT! It's one of the most ambitious games I've ever played...it's on par with Anachronox, Deus Ex, or the Mass Effect Trilogy. All this game does is break new ground and erect structures so grand they're better than anything nearly 20 years later, and no one knows they exist. This game is absolutely perfect in so many ways.

I'm sorry...but Half-Life is half assed dogshit compared to this. Activision set game design back a decade by forcing Ritual to release the game in a buggy state. If they could have released it in February the entire industry would be different.

View PostJblade, on 27 September 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

I normally respect your opinions Micky but I really think you're going out of your way to intentionally dislike Half-life. What point are you even trying to make here? excuse it from what? It had a plot that wasn't told through cutscenes or mission text, it gave it a feeling of viriscimilitude that even though it was basically a retelling of Doom with a faux-realism bent it still felt like a believable take on the themes. Most of what happened you found out as you played, the clean-up operation wasn't spoiled in a cutscene or with a dramatic voiceover - you see it happen in the exact same room. Valve were good at subtle storytelling even at the beginning.

It's just suttle though. It sucks ass. Hard. Play SiN.

View PostMarphy Black, on 27 September 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

I think the combat in Half-Life is among the some of the highest quality ever achieved in a first person shooter, and even today, it remains largely unparalleled thanks to the intricate AI which makes every battle both engaging, entertaining, and unique.

Yeah, too bad you spend most of the time shooting tiny alien shit monsters. Why do people give John Romero so much shit for the mosquitoes and frogs in the first two levels of Daikatana when Half-Life commits the same sin for hours on end?

Keep in mind that Half-Life focuses on smaller enemy counts. For example, the maximum soldier squad size is four: one leader and three grunts. This was a bit of a risky move in 1998 as most successful first person shooters by that point achieved their fun value by mass quantities of hostiles (which I adore, but there had been few attempts at anything otherwise). However, while other titles had AI with enemies acting like omniscient pachinko balls, Half-Life took a gamble by taking a much different and unexplored route. Enemies never magically know where you, the player, are. In order to ascertain your position at any time, they must rely on their own sight and sound detection (smell, mainly meant for aliens, was only partially implemented). Check the source code, and you'll see a complex system of "last seen positions", scouting areas, and investigating sounds (fire gun shots and you'll grab attention, sneak by crouching and you can silently maneuver around). Simply finding the player isn't the sole goal of the AI, either. They make decisions based on their circumstances. Soldiers will throw grenades at your last seen position in an attempt to flush you out, while Alien Grunts will happily abuse the homing-capabilities of their tracking hornet projectiles by deliberately hanging back and firing them around corners they see you duck behind.

Yes, and yet again, you spent most of your time fighting retarded fish frogs.

Even then, that's not the extent of the AI's decision-making, as several enemy types are coded to work together in a collaborative effort. While one soldier throws a grenade to flush you out, another will intentionally rush into a flanking position to catch you off guard. If you're chasing down a retreating soldier, another soldier can detect you're running after him and drop a grenade at his own feet to head you off. Not only do these AI squads act together, but they communicate based on their hierarchy as well. When the squad leader is alive, the squad acts much more efficiently as his grunts will continuously communicate your last seen position to him which he relays to the rest of his soldiers. If you kill the squad leader, this chain of command is broken, and each individual unit in the squad must track you down on his own as he's lost instant communication through his commander.

If only head crabs and screamer shits were larger and not fucking retarded.

Perhaps the most impressive feat in all this is the fact that this AI is completely dynamic. All a squad needs is some info_nodes to function. There's no heavy scripting to feign intelligence in play, and it's a joy to be engaged by the AI over 15 years later. If I had to name one fault here, it's that the engine's stiff pathfinding and movement holds back the fluidity of the AI. Mods like Sven Co-op aim to improve this, however.

It's still implemented on a minority of the enemies, pal.

If you're not convinced by your own experiences from the game, I suppose you'll just have to take my word on this, but I can tell you that I regularly delve into the Half-Life source code, and almost every time I can take away something new that surprises me. There's a vast amount a depth for 1998 that embarrasses even many shooters today (although that's may be more of a commentary on the general modern state of shooters). Even Half-Life 2 is a downgrade as Valve chose to make the AI, while inheriting much of the original squad cooperation and behavior, much slower to move and react in order to highlight the newly introduced Havok physics system (it's easier to fire physics objects with your Gravity Gun at mostly stationary targets than ones darting around trying to outmaneuver and flank you).

Great programming? Too bad the game is shit. Great AI is wasted on segments of the game surrounded by horrible level and stylistic design.

View PostFlying Techbot, on 27 September 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Slow and boring? I've known slower games, and I wouldn't call Half-Life boring. And the only tiny enemies are headcrabs, houndeyes, and snarks. Did you get killed easily by headcrabs and snarks?

They don't kill me easily. They're just tedious shitty enemies.

The game is seriously slow as fuck, how can you not see this? No FPS has less forward progression than Half-Life.

The puzzles are not that time consuming if you know what you're doing. They're relatively quick. The longest puzzles are from Blast Pit and Power Up, but just involves getting to certain areas to activate buttons. I think of those sections and the fight with the Nihilinth to be elaborate homages to the puzzle-based bosses of Quake 1 and Doom II.

It doesn't matter. There's too many of them. I want to advance, see new things, and shoot shit. They're fucking cock blocks, and it's a lazy way to increase the length of an game that's already tripping over itself trying to genre-blend.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 26 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

It's a old bunker in New Mexico. What did you expect? And I don't know what you count as being inspired design, but Half-Life's design for me was, and still is, inspired and has a lot of variety. And it has way more variety of color than the brown shooters you're complaining about. I don't understand the bloom complaint, since Half-Life doesn't have bloom.

First off, I'm paraphrasing the term "brown and bloom." Second off, how can you excuse "bland design" like that?! Portal 2 takes place in a similar situation and it's atmosphere is incredible and varied, despite being filled with test chambers. Valve got better at making games, it's that simple. Half-Life is an overrated early effort because aside from SiN no one was trying to overhaul that genre back in 1998, and Activision completely botched SiN's launch which allowed for Valve to lead the industry in the wrong direction. This genre STILL needs a rethink in 2015 and SiN still has all the answers despite being released in 1998, simply because it asked questions no one had asked before. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon also asks these questions, as it is almost like a bizzarro world version of SiN in many ways. Back in 1998, Valve just shyly raised their hand in front of the teacher when Ritual ran to the bathroom to unload the diarrhea Activision's undercooked breakfast gave it.

You've never felt the joy in smashing a headcrab with a crowbar, shotgunning the houndeyes, or using the grenade launcher alt fire of the machine gun against the grunts? What about using the crossbow or revolver on the grunts heads when they least expect it?

How many times does one have to do this bullshit over and over though ? The thrill fades super fast in Half-Life. They don't sound good when they die, and they don't get knocked back particularly hard, nor do they crumple like Half-Life 2. It's just one less of them.

I've known far more tedious puzzles, many from the early adventure games from Sierra. And most games rely on a sense of forward progression. Even Half-Life 2 relied on a sense of forward progression, and stopped the action for puzzles.

There's something every five seconds forcing you to backtrack a few hundred meters and do something else. You move in circles to progress another thousand feet. Needless backtracking is one of the main hallmarks of bad game design.

This game forces you to do everything it's way. It wants everything to be linear, right down to the players thought processes. It insists upon itself like no other FPS game ever has. There is less freedom than nearly anything else of it's era - it creates the illusion of freedom with a few odds and ends such as hard to reach closets stocked with weapons, but if you don't complete the setpieces exactly right, in the singular way they work, you're going fucking nowhere. This game doesn't hold your hand, it's grips it for dear life like a narcissistic soccer mom.

The controls are basic WSAD keys, and they can be customized any way you want. What's the problem? I used to play Half-Life on only a keyboard before I discovered the WSAD-mouse combination, and the game was still easy for me to play. And the controls have nothing to do with ladder handling. The ladder part feels a little more complicated than I remembered it, and it still handles weirdly. But other than than, the shooting is not a problem. I find it way more precise than in Half-Life 2, and I'm always right on target when I shoot. As for platforming, besides knowing how to longjump and crouch jump in certain areas (which, I admit, took me awhile to master when I was younger), the jumping isn't all bad. If you messed up a jump, it's your own fault.

Don't even get me started on the ladders. You don't stick to them, or grab them when you want to. They need tons of maneuvering and care to mount properly. This is exacerbated by the fact that you move quickly in Half-Life and decelerate slowly, which is one of the worst control problems a game can have. This is an even bigger issue when jumping. You just slide off shit.

It's not natural, and it impedes gameplay. Fun fact: When people modify Fox Body Mustangs, one of the most popular modifications is to snag the rear axle off a vehicle that HAS rear disc brakes. Why is this? Because Ford were cheap fucks, and fitted rear drums to a muscle car. They're beyond insufficient and make it uncertain and skittish at speed, and downright unsettling for the driver. People didn't expect it to brake so oddly and poorly. As a result, the next generation of Mustangs had downright fantastic brakes.

Ford got tons of flak for creating a vehicle that didn't follow the drivers intuition. The 1995 and later cars didn't have this problem, and neither does Half-Life 2. There is nothing more important than having a proper man/machine interface. Game controls should feel like a real world analog of some kind, guided by intuition. They should ALWAYS do exactly what you want, on command, and very rarely, if ever, falter.

Furthermore, jumping puzzles in FPS games are one of the worst elements out there. Only Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon has jumping controls that are truly seamless. I'll admit SiN has a short one in level 2, but that's what it is - short. And by holding crouch for the short jumps you always land.

First person shooters have a TERRIBLE sense of personal space - Mass Effect 3 has some of the greatest, most varied shooting ever, and it would be completely terrible with a first person view because there are simply things you can't do well, like anything involving jumping or stealth. Yet it FEELS like a first person shooter due to the controls and frantic pacing. It's great because it plays to the strength of both genres. Half-Life plays to it's weaknesses.

If you're falling and dying, that must mean it's not altogether boring.

I'd rather have fun than be pissed off. The fuck kind of rationale is that, dude?

Did you save your game often, or save your progress in previous slots before screwing up? And did you practice crouch jumping and longjumping in the Hazard Course before endangering your life? Another important thing, did you do a full playthrough on Easy skill before punishing yourself on Difficult?

I save frequently. Better idea: Ditch the shitty design elements. Stop making excuses for poor design. Artificial difficulty is some of the worst design a game can have...and a poor man-machine interface is the worst way to increase difficulty, ever.

Half-Life requires skill, and it's very easy once you know what you're doing.

Much of that skill requires working around bad design choices. SiN requires skill and has the best level design the genre has seen yet. Don't waste your time on this shitty game, play SiN.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 29 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

I agree with the vast majority of what you guys say about politics and social stuff....but here I just can't agree with anything - I love SiN (and I paid out my ass for a copy of Wages of SiN back when it wasn't online for sale) but for that reason I can also see it's very flawed. That's a good thing though because if we all agreed this place would be a boring circle-jerk.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 29 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

I disagree on SiN being flawed - on release, yes. But the subsequent patches fixed it's issues. It's only real flaw are the vehicle controls, in my opinion.

I haven't started Wages of SiN yet because my newly built 98 box is having issues with it's Voodoo2's.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 29 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

You haven't played it yet? Damn you're in for a treat.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I was enjoying it up until this frustrating stealth mission with no weapons.

Haven't gathered the motivation to get back into it yet.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 30 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

I've played SiN and WoS again and again, and I'm pretty sure it's still flawed. There are some things you just can't fix with patches, namely the level design and the cheap ass insta-hitscan-damage-on-sight enemies. Also I didn't realize Biomass Reclamation Center to be a secret level, because 3/4 of that shit you described are pretty much what you need to do to pass Geothermal Plant (which is not a secret level by the way, it just has multiple parts). Containment Area 57 isn't a secret level either. Pretty sure the only levels that can qualify as true secret levels are Freeport Aqueducts, Missile Silo, and Biomass Reclamation Center. Overall it comes off as less polished than Half-Life. But hey, at least it aged better than Unreal.

Also as someone who played Daikatana over and over again (because it's nowhere as bad as Blood 2), the difference between the mosquitoes and the frogs and the Headcrabs are that you can actually see the headcrabs. The mosquitoes and the frogs are disguised by the environment so you can barely see where they're coming from. Not to mention, the frogs have ranged attacks and the mosquitoes have that really fucking annoying sound (not to mention being one-dimensional because of how flat the model is). The sounds in Half-Life are great too, particularly the enemy death sounds. The weapons sound powerful, unlike the weak pew-pew in SiN. I also don't get why you keep hating on the "puzzles" in Half-Life, because they are so ridiculously easy I didn't even realize they were puzzles. The levels flow pretty well too, unlike the backtrack-fest that is most of the later SiN levels. Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people agree that it's way faster and more non-linear than Half-Life 2.

In short, aren't you doing the same things the Half-Life fans are doing? Only talking about the good stuff and ignore the bad ones for your favorite game, while doing the opposite for other games that people like more over your favorite one. If I did that, that would have made Blood 2 the best game ever.

By the way, the people who made the amazing Wages of Sin are also the people who made Call of Duty :V

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 30 September 2015 - 01:46 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

But hey, at least it aged better than Unreal.

DEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS

Since the thread has already derailed, does anyone know any FPS/TPS that has Las Vegas levels in it? I only know of DNF, Nitro Family, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostPikaCommando, on 30 September 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

Since the thread has already derailed, does anyone know any FPS/TPS that has Las Vegas levels in it? I only know of DNF, Nitro Family, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Die Hard Trilogy 2, Driver 2, San Andreas(Venturas, technically). Only count the last two if you're including open world games. And Fallout:New Vegas, perhaps? I know it's more of an RPG, but it has FPS elements.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 30 September 2015 - 03:17 AM

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostPerson of Color, on 29 September 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm not replying to anything else. I'm not one to argue about opinions, but Half-Life is straight up terrible so I'm getting this out of my system now so I can use it in the future. This is a long ass post for a reason. This game sucks that much ass.
<extremely long posts follow>

While I'll defend Half-Life to my grave, I have to appreciate the amount of effort and fervor you've put into criticizing this game. It shows at least that your opinion is reasoned and well-structured.

... but...

Spoiler

By the way, enemy combat in Half-Life was pretty awful. The main thing I appreciated about the game was the atmosphere. I could do without the enemies really. Heck, you could transplant the imps and demons from DooM and it'd be better.

View PostDuke Rocks, on 30 September 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

Die Hard Trilogy 2

UGH. Fuck that game. Die Hard Trilogy was awesome and amazing because it had that Die Hard spirit without needing to be 100% faithful to the movie series.

DHT2 sucked. It... just... sucked.

If you count Vigilante 8 as a TPS, that also features Las Vegas.

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 30 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

• Glory To Motherland!

But all of the above games are still better than DUKE NUKEM FOREVER! :)

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 30 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options