Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is online   zykov eddy 

View Postck3D, on 31 August 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

great reference & rendition. just seeing the shot before even acknowledging the accompanying comment spontaneously reminded me of the atmosphere conveyed in that album. the sign of a job done right

Glad you noticed a reference!

The whole project is inspired by music like this. Just finished this level, feel so tired, but satisfied. Sample and hold, we're in control now.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 31 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

I suppose pressing either buttons don't do anything ?

BTW it's nice to see we can "draw" with Mapster, if I knew how to use it I sure would have tried to reproduce some of my pictures with it ^^

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's never too late to start :D

Indeed but when I read the EDuk32 wiki's section about it Mapster sounded way too non-intuitive for me to use ^^

You guys are crazy for managing to use that wicked software !

• Honored Donor

Whoa! Wrong place to learn! Try this guide out, it's what taught me, along with many others, how to map. I still occasionally go back to it: http://infosuite.duke4.net/

Nice :D

But unfortunately I clearly don't have the dedication needed for such work ^^

User is offline   pmw 

After 6 months of break, I managed to do something.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm trying to finish this episode before christmas. I hope.

User is offline   Mark 

That area looks good. Be sure to spend your money on food for the family and not the hooker standing over there. :D

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

Dark Level. Work in progress.
new TROR water sectors. New sounds. Step sounds, visibality, player speed depending upon the water depth. Speed under water varies according to a sine
wave. PYOFF and speed under water synchronized with the sound of footsteps.

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 03 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Dark Level features some of the most realistic movement physics I've ever seen in a EDuke 32 project.

Can you make a car driving physics as well?

View Postzykov eddy, on 03 September 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Dark Level features some of the most realistic movement physics I've ever seen in a EDuke 32 project.

Can you make a car driving physics as well?

No problems. Some time ago, I am thinking about the realistic physics of the helicopter. But it is not for Dark Level....

In general, I consider EDuke32 excellent engine. Amazing speed of development! An excellent but underrated. And I hope for a speedy polymer bugs fix...

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 03 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, polymer bugs, they always put me away from releasing projects in polymer.

User is offline   Sanek 

I feel ashamed of my own project watching at what you're doin' guys... :D

User is offline   Telee 

Been having fun with Duke Caribbean and getting the hang of Build. Also set up some "action" scenarios for the purpose of the screenshots like they did back with Duke It Out In DC. :D Entrance area seems a bit bare at the moment, but I'm not quite sure what to add. I don't want to crowd the area with hordes of benches and trash cans...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: waterpark1.jpg
  • Attached Image: waterpark2.jpg
  • Attached Image: waterpark3.jpg

User is offline   pmw 

View PostTelee, on 08 September 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Been having fun with Duke Caribbean and getting the hang of Build. Also set up some "action" scenarios for the purpose of the screenshots like they did back with Duke It Out In DC. :D Entrance area seems a bit bare at the moment, but I'm not quite sure what to add. I don't want to crowd the area with hordes of benches and trash cans...

I would like to see custom Caribbean episode for Duke. I don't remember seeing anything like that..

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostTelee, on 08 September 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I like what I see and it's always good to see some user Caribbean stuff. However I think you should work on height differences, every ceiling and sky seem to be at exactly the same height which make the whole thing feel flat. It's reminiscent of Wolf3D and games of that area rather than DN3D. Some areas or buildings could be further up or down for instance.
Also try to think of a better way to close the play area than the same wooden texture all around.

View Postpmw, on 09 September 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

I would like to see custom Caribbean episode for Duke. I don't remember seeing anything like that..

There is one and it's good.

• Honored Donor

View PostMetHy, on 09 September 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

I like what I see and it's always good to see some user Caribbean stuff. However I think you should work on height differences, every ceiling and sky seem to be at exactly the same height which make the whole thing feel flat. It's reminiscent of Wolf3D and games of that area rather than DN3D. Some areas or buildings could be further up or down for instance.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully not the entire level is like that. It's probably ok if it's just a small section of a level though, which is probably the case.

Also try to think of a better way to close the play area than the same wooden texture all around.

Depending on how classic-style he's trying to make the level this isn't too bad. Although a bit of variety would be good I'll agree.

Definitely nice to see some love for the expansion packs though. Especially now that Megaton has been out for a while, giving people easy access to them.

User is offline   Telee 

Thanks for the feedback guys. There is a beach area where there is significant changes in elevation to form the cliff walls, and once the player enters the actual park there's an incline downward. However, the entrance area (the outdoor parts anyway) is all at the same height more-or-less, so I will definitely see if I can make some changes.

View PostMicky C, on 09 September 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Depending on how classic-style he's trying to make the level this isn't too bad. Although a bit of variety would be good I'll agree.

Definitely nice to see some love for the expansion packs though. Especially now that Megaton has been out for a while, giving people easy access to them.

This is why I decided to go with it, actually. Years ago the expansions were so rare it was unjustifiable to map for them, not the case now. Unfortunately that means I'd also like the map to be compatible with the Megaton edition, which means I can't go over the default sector limit. So yes, I am trying to imitate the original level design a bit.

• Honored Donor

Are you sure Megaton has the original sector limit? I'm fairly confident it has the same expanded limits that eduke32 has, since both of them are based on JFDuke3D which came up with the expanded limits first.

User is offline   Telee 

I thought it did, but apparently you're right. That's a huge relief. I was under the impression that eduke was the first to expand the sector limits, shows how much I know about Duke these days. Time to go nuts with the details then haha.

User is offline   MetHy 

If you plan to make this Megaton compatible, make sure to test the map from times to times in Megaton during development. Because an effect works and looks as intended in EDuke32 doesn't mean it's going to be the case in Megaton, even if you're not using any EDuke32 exclusive feature.

User is offline   pmw 

There is one and it's good.

Never heard. Can you give a link?

User is offline   MetHy 

Vacation Cove

I seemed to remember it ran in Caribbean Life but apparently not, apparently it only uses textures from it.

User is offline   pmw 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Okey, I just finished my last map, well, actual *walls* are now done. Now I need to add an enemies and guns and stuff.
After that, some betatesting, fixing bugs etc, and my episode is DONE. I'm not sure about years anymore. This journey has took something like 12-13 years, now it's time to kick some ass and finish this shit.

User is offline   Telee 

Looks cool. How many levels will there be in the episode?

User is offline   pmw 

View PostTelee, on 11 September 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Looks cool. How many levels will there be in the episode?

9 levels + secret level.4 levels are over 700KB files. So I think this is larger episode than usual ones.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

When it is done Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Lookin great PMW. Just a little tip about that door. You can make a very tiny sector in front of the door sector to put another texture there to make it look right. Crude example of what I mean:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   pmw 

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 15 September 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Lookin great PMW. Just a little tip about that door. You can make a very tiny sector in front of the door sector to put another texture there to make it look right. Crude example of what I mean:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yeah, good notice. I actually did that right after I posted pictures here. And fixed another stuff too.

Demonstration of an ambiance. What you think of it?

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options