• You cannot reply to this topic

RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013  "it wasn´t a hoax."

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 05 January 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Not my video, but:

Is this George Broussard? :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The thing is though Duke Nukem Forever 2011 had no story, it was all premise. "Aliens stole our women, get to location X and kill aliens" is the gist of it. Anything else you might consider story, like blowing up Hoover Dam, isn't actually anything more than what we had in Duke Nukem 3D when you think about it. A lot of stuff was going on in Duke 3D story-wise inside the game itself, especially in Episode 1: I mean he gets captured, escapes, steals a sub which later blows up, then works his way to the alien ship. DNF's story wasn't much more complicated than that either, and as we know, all the conversations in the game were so damn shallow and generic that they might as well have not been in there.

User is offline   Jblade 

I think the biggest problem with the conversations is that Duke doesn't actually take part in ANY of them - it's like they were written with Duke being silent and then he says something at the very end of the conversation and nobody reacts to it. This really stands out near the beginning where the President is giving Duke shit and he's completely silent until the very end when they go off camera. It bugged the hell out of me, but in the DLC it was a lot better and Duke actually felt more like he was part of the story rather than just being spoken at like he was Gordan fucking Freeman.

User is offline   Adamputee 

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I was thinking about a mod idea...
How hard would be be add a mod where you have a DNF type of aiming.
By this I mean usually you'll get the auto-aiming / hip-fire mode, but when you hold down the aim button, it will zoom slightly, and will have no spread / auto-aiming, but obviously better damage. I know this sounds very CoD / modern style but it would add a really fun interesting aspect to the game.

• Honored Donor

Not too hard; the AMC TC has this with some weapons.

User is offline   Adamputee 

View PostMicky C, on 11 January 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Not too hard; the AMC TC has this with some weapons.

Aah ok, it looks really cool... (currently downloading)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJblade, on 05 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

I think the biggest problem with the conversations is that Duke doesn't actually take part in ANY of them - it's like they were written with Duke being silent and then he says something at the very end of the conversation and nobody reacts to it. This really stands out near the beginning where the President is giving Duke shit and he's completely silent until the very end when they go off camera. It bugged the hell out of me, but in the DLC it was a lot better and Duke actually felt more like he was part of the story rather than just being spoken at like he was Gordan fucking Freeman.

You're right. It's a big fuck up because Duke3D was revolutionary in the FPS genre in that the main character had personality AND showed it by speaking. It's almost like that Wolverine movie with Deadpool (The Merc with a Mouth)..... where they sewed his mouth shut. What? What the fuck?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It was the worst with the President chewing Duke out...

...My Duke would have put a fist right through the assholes teeth. Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 12 January 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

...My Duke would have put a fist right through the assholes teeth. Posted Image

...And then have his hand rip the Presidents spine out, while Duke makes mortal kombat references.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 12 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

Talk about the awesomeness of this mod or get the hell outta here! :lol:

User is offline   faked 

Gambini,this mod IS awesome!No doubt about it.Just played it again. :lol:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostGambini, on 13 January 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Talk about the awesomeness of this mod or get the hell outta here! :lol:

What's the future looking like for the awesomeness of this mod, Gambini? ;)

• Honored Donor

I still think the first map is the best, or at the very least the most memorable map in the pack. While there's been dams, mines and EDF bases in the past, I don't think anyone's ever attempted to pull of Vegas in this way. If they have, it hasn't come close in design, and obviously the lack of well-designed bright custom textures/sprites everywhere makes a big difference in atmosphere/immersion and "realism".

User is offline   Jblade 

I think all maps have really cool things to them, the only 'weak' spot (and I use that term loosely since it's still a good, fun map) is the mine map which isn't quite as memorable as the others. It's still a great package all together and one of my favorite mods.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Wanted to say that this mod was one of the best mods I have ever played for Duke that assault rifle was so nice. I like how it is pretty much Duke 3D with just the right amount of additions to make it fresh. Thanks for the fun, I had played this awhile back now but wanted to give the feedback :lol:

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

GGGManLives review:

User is offline   HulkNukem 

You beat me to it

Good one. Our mod is still remembered two years and counting after its release!

It´s awesome to be myself! :)

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostGambini, on 14 July 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

It's deserved. You guys did such a great job. To finally play through the DNF I wanted gave me a sense of closure to the whole debacle.

I hope he reviews AMC next!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostGambini, on 14 July 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

You heard the reviewer, it was too short. Make an extended cut, chop chop!

• Honored Donor

Claims it's too short... Doesn't try the DLC.

User is offline   Lunick 

Australians are picky, what can you do?

View PostMicky C, on 14 July 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

Claims it's too short... Doesn't try the DLC.

Honestly the only really fun time I had in the DLC was that bike level. that was the most ridiculous and well choreographed thing I've seen in a game in a very long time. the rest... ehhh.

User is offline   xenoxols 

The shotgun in the DLC randomly had a glove when none of the other weapons did and I think that ruined it for me. What this mod really needed was completely new weapons, IMO.

Now we must wait for the god Gambini and the god Mikko to make this mod more badass!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I thought the whole DLC was great.

View PostSgt. Rarity, on 03 August 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

I thought the whole DLC was great.

everything about this mod was great its made from the gods themselfs

User is offline   stumppy84 

Yes! Please oh great Gambini & DNF2013 crew please give us more!!

User is offline   FistMarine 

I just completed the mod for second time. This is one of the best mods ever made for Duke3D!

However on second level I had a problem with the bike, I was floating and I heard Duke's scream and I died instantly few seconds later.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for your words. We were aware of the bike problems, but there´s nothing we can do about them.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options