Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

User is offline   Jblade 

yeah it's the map name - that sounds like you managed to squeeze past the trigger sector, I'll fix that - thanks for letting me know :D

Since nothing has been reported for a while I might as well tell a bit of what I saw ...

_Firstly the LR 300 seems to be unaffected by a certain color pallet, I noticed that in the Pyramid EDF Mission in that flashy green corridor with enemies spawning when stepping on certain spots. I'm playing all the EDF missions again and again with all the OCs and so far only James's LR300 was not changing color at that place.

_Then with Highwire I noticed that the "glitch" with the M16 when using the GL was still present, the "little holes" are transparent whereas they're black when not using the GL.

_Finally still with Highwire, with the upgraded 870 it seems that the reloading animation will loop if we keep the melee button pushed, I think it also did that with his Saiga12s but I can't remember. I don't recall seeing that on any other character so far.

BTW when we have loaded our last regular shells in a shotgun, slot 3, the game considers it as being empty (since we no longer have ammo apart from the loaded one) and so if we use "weapon change" (with mouse roll in my case) it's no longer selectable, kind of an inconvenience. That didn't happen with the previous ammo system.

Some bugs I've found, don't know if they've already been reported:

- At the very end of Providence, when you reach the Truck as Mason and you rescued Lillith, the sound file for James' speech starts playing later than it should, which results in it getting cut off by the area transition to the truck chase.
- In "City under Siege", when you get to the part where you shrink down, a sound clip of some music starts playing (which was probably taken from DNF), but it cuts off after a few seconds.
- The Cycloid Emperor in "City under Siege" disappeared completely at one point when I shot him with the firelaser, rendering me unable to complete the level. I wasn't able to reproduce it since though.
- After completing "City under Siege", in the AMC Base, entering the briefing room causes the base level to revert to pre-"City under Siege" status (with different music).
- Also in both AMC base levels, before and after the city, when you play as mikko and try to use the phone, you're given the option to call the Shadow Councellor, but selecting it doesn't actually do anything.
- I was unable to research Project Nr 9: "Cycloid Plasma Tech" with the required amount of funds and correct tech level.
- The dark red Assault Troopers still love to teleport into nothingness when they attempt to get behind you.

Very minor bugs:

- In the shop-n-bag part of City Under Siege, one of the lines on the aisles is set to block from one direction.
- In Mikko's snowbase, it's possible to get crushed in the helipad area by jumping on the fence and then on the cliffs to the side.
- On the Moon Base (New L.A.), one of the sprites on the conveyor belts (the posts where the windows are attached) is actually moving with the conveyor instead of standing still.
- In the end credits for episode 1, in the part where it shows Mikko's snowbase again as a flashback, the vents have a pink background texture instead of being fully black (it really stands out)

I will report more once I get further in the game.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 16 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

_ The providence bug has already been reported, even in Ep1, I guess it's a really tough problem ....

_The city under siege's shrunk music is set to be this way, if you go in the game's files and find it you'll see the music is this short.

_The AMC Base phone bug has already been reported by me and some other persons although it was first about Highwire, But the patch doesn't fix that :/

_Technically the patch fixes the plasma research problem. Either you didn't meet the requirements (some some other researches conducted beforehand) or you're not using the patch.

_The dark red and normal red troopers tend to do that quite often but they end up coming back at some point, either by going where they were a while later or just by "luck" but it sure can be irritating for people like me who don't like having 1 or 2 enemies left at the end of a level.

_Finally for the pink vents I guess that's because of the visual filter they have used to emphasize the flashback aspect of it. Either the palette of the vents doesn't react to it, either they forgot to modify the texture for it.

All the rest hadn't been reported yet.

BTW I'd like to report a little thingy : sometimes, I can't understand under what circumstances, when you start the AMC base, by having completed a level of any sort, the characters can happen to have different colors; for instance Highwire's trousers turn blue, Sang's "belt" turns blue, IIRC Geoffrey's whole sprite turns blue and grey.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 16 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

New bug, kind of close to the one with Hydrostation : I've completed the EDF Bureau mission long ago now, and it's only now that I notice that I only got the medals for Expert and completing it on a higher difficulty doesn't change anything ....

I have all the medals for all the missions except for Hydrostation where I have none but we already reported that, and the EDF Bureau where I can't get more than Expert despite finishing it on higher, very weird :/

And BTW is it normal that Sang's F2000 fires bullets 2 at the same time ?
I heard that the patch made it stronger but if that's why it fires 2 by 2 that's kind of a silly artifice, besides if you empty 2 clips you get to 205 while you should get to 190.

User is offline   Jblade 

That's a bug with akimbo, I thought I fixed it in the patch but apparently not. Thanks for pointing it out!

Akimbo F2000 O_o ?
Badass but improbable, you must be talking about the Akimbo Mini-Uzis having a bad influence on the F2000 ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

Yes that's what I meant heh heh :)

I noticed something new:

When you change the character in the loadout screen using the A key (Strafe left), then Micky isn't inside of the cycle, meaning you jump from James straight to Mikko.
However, if you use the D key (Strafe right), then you correctly cycle through the characters, Micky included.
(If you are on Micky's loadout, and then you press (Strafe left), you go to a blank character slot.)

It doesn't do the same thing when you use the buttons onscreen with the mouse.

I noticed something similar to that with the weapon upgrade screen.

If you press "strafe right" when on Mikko's weapon upgrades you get to Micky's but if you try to get from Jame's to Micky's by pressing "strafe left" you'll either got directly to Mikko's or to a blank screen.

Also when on the Character Selection Screen there's no way you can select Micky if you try using the arrow keys or default movement keys.

View Postthedrawliner, on 25 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

I noticed something similar to that with the weapon upgrade screen.

If you press "strafe right" when on Mikko's weapon upgrades you get to Micky's but if you try to get from Jame's to Micky's by pressing "strafe left" you'll either got directly to Mikko's or to a blank screen.

Also when on the Character Selection Screen there's no way you can select Micky if you try using the arrow keys or default movement keys.

Huh, I didn't realize it was possible to cycle through the weapon upgrades. I always assumed it only showed the upgrades for the current character.

No indeed it can be cycled through, the same goes for the merchant's screen as well ^_-
Although I don't recall seeing a bug like the one you described on that one ...

Some more bugs:

- If the tank on the island reactor level is destroyed, you die no matter where you are (outside of the tank).

- For some strange reason the "cut-in-half" animation for the thugs (ninja replacement from Wanton Destruction) plays when you headshot them with a shotgun (at least while playing as James) or if you shoot them with the guardian head (and possibly also plays with other weapons).
The actual headshot animation plays with some machine guns however.

- Merlijn using the police shotgun with magnum shells equipped gives him infinite normal shotgun ammo.

- Once the shovel or any knife is equipped on at least one character, it is equipped on everyone, and it becomes impossible to remove it.
(At least, until a new game is started)

I am using the most recent patch btw.
(Also for reasons I cannot comprehend, the bug where you are transported to pre-"City under Siege" status when entering the briefing room is gone suddenly.)

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 06 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

Uhhh, double post, but I think deserves a new one:

There's a mission in the abyssal dimension that unlocks once you finish "City under Siege". It's called Stygian Memorial.
Now I assume this is the Shadow Realm, since it was marked as completed when I played that after Tower of Life. However, upon selecting this mission, the game straight out boots me to the title screen.

(Also, the text in the intermission after Tower of Life goes off screen in 1600:1200)

The Stygian Memorial has nothing to do with the Shadow Realm; if what I heard about it is correct it might be a level from Episode 3 left in there by mistake just like the Gaza Pyramid and it sends you to title screen because the map's files aren't in the game.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 05 June 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

There's a mission in the abyssal dimension that unlocks once you finish "City under Siege". It's called Stygian Memorial.
Now I assume this is the Shadow Realm, since it was marked as completed when I played that after Tower of Life. However, upon selecting this mission, the game straight out boots me to the title screen.

Jblade, on 27 March 2015, 06:23 PM, said:

Woops, Micky's gonna punch me over Stygian Memorial as we sorta danced between putting it in this episode or the next one. It's not included in the release yet but it will appear at some point in a future patch (This will give me time to polish and add new content for it)

'Stygian Memorial' is 'available' (as you can't play it yet) from the start of EP2 so I'm not sure if EP3's filter affects it or not. The fact that its 'menu' (where the screenshot is showcased) doesn't include the 'difficulty level' (you know, those squares above the 'close' button) hints you about the fact that it isn't 'playable' yet. Besides, its icon is square (mandatory to finish an episode) and in EP2's plot there's not an obvious reason to visit the Abyssal dimension (more than its feature in 'Ghost Ship'). :(
The only way to access 'Shadow Realm' is through 'Tower of Life'. :)

This post has been edited by RhaiNuk'Em: 06 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Yeah that was an accidental inclusion, ignore it for now. In other good news Helixhorned recently fixed a bug with resizearray so this may very well fix some of the strange errors people were reporting with the mod earlier in this thread. As soon as my holiday starts I'm gonna play through the whole thing (in 60fps with my new PC :)) so I can hopefully see for myself as well.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah I haven't played through it in one go from start to finish either. I won't have time for it until the end of the year.

Although I haven't done much mapping lately and won't have time for it for a while, I'm starting to suffer mapping withdrawal symptoms Posted Image

Jblade, on 06 June 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

As soon as my holiday starts I'm gonna play through the whole thing (in 60fps with my new PC :D) so I can hopefully see for myself as well.

If your vacation starts soon... don't forget to visit Spain and its sunny beaches~! :( Just kidding, sorry about the offtopic. :D

Micky C, on 08 June - 08:35 AM, said:

Yeah I haven't played through it in one go from start to finish either.

No one has. I'm pretty sure that EP2 takes more time to complete than what you predicted. As for the mapping withdrawal symptoms... take it easy, man. First things first. You've done an amazing job so far and we all understand that this is a FREE indie game made from the community for the community. I'm having a blast playing and replaying EP2 (not much lately, gotta REALLY finish that university project) and as I said in previous posts, it's far better than a lot of nowadays games. :( Again, sorry about the offtopic. :)

I got a smally bugy to reportee ...

For some obscure reasons with Rusty's FG42 and AK-74 I sometimes happen to have 1 bullet given to me out of nothing ...
I'm currently playing Daikarin with the 74 and I didn't use it since the beginning except for the bayonet and I'm currently at 271 whereas I should be at 270. Any idea ?

That can't be related to a pick up otherwise I would be at 272 or 273 right now :/
Also can't be related to reloading while not empty because those two guns don't feature that mechanic (unlike the FAL for instance) :\
And I don't recall seeing this in Ep1.

While I'm at it I might as well tell two other things ...

First why can we reload Rusty's Golden HandShotgun ? Since it's a single shot there's no real purpose for it besides it disappears for a split second which is weird.

Then about Mikko's Golden Semi-auto Shotgun I've been able to toggle the alternate shell "menu" while it is not supposed to be able to, since I was in usermaps I can't tell if it could have worked but the fact we can open the menu points towards it.

Finally still about Mikko's golden shotgun I have suffered a nasty bug where when reloaded the gun is pointed higher than normal and is unable to fire or anything ! I found out that it was because I had bought the accuracy upgrade for the regular shotgun (for a previous level) which means there's a conflict between those two guns (the assault shotgun didn't get affected as far as I've seen).

Is it nornal that fortune (or lucky) cookies only boost your health to a maximum of 130? IIRC, before 2.0.1 they kept adding +30 to your health, even if you were already at 130. :)

I think it has something to do with the difficulty setting.

The same goes for Amulets with which you can't have more than double you original max health in the higher settings (in Armagedon they don't increase your max health)
I don't really know how the fortune cakes are influenced but it has to do with difficulty

Some other smally bugies to reportee, I don't know if it had already been reported because I've witnessed it for quite a while and never thought about reporting it :

_Sometimes, and quite often, I don't know what makes this happen but messages no longer work for the course of the current level.
Messages like "unlocked" no longer appear, the "secret place" sound doesn't play since the message doesn't show up, pressing F8 doesn't fix it .... any message doesn't show up or when it does it is for an eye-blink time.
When a new level is loaded it is all back to normal.
As I said I can't get it what's making this happen and it also seems to happen more on Usermaps since I don't recall seeing this on the regular/main maps.

_About those shattered windows, they leave pieces on the ground and when we walk on them they turn into pixels. Well the thing is that if there is a lot of them and if it makes your game lag a bit then crouching and looking down to it will make them disappear along with its surrounding gag friends. An "exploit bug" that can prevent your PC from lagging in such places ^^

_I don't know why, and I don't recall seeing that before the patch was applied, but in the "Clear the Coast" usermap when we are about half way through (after using the first blue key-card(leading to the area with the RPG equivalent and the "Rock" restaurant)) the game slowly slows down. And when you reach the house with the red key-card the game maintains a slowed down pace for the rest of the map. By "slow down" I must precise that the sounds keep playing normally and the frame-rate is not as affected as it may sound and finally when you get in the pause menu the game seems to be back at normal speed but only as long as you're in the menu cause when you resume to the game it is back to its slowed down pace. That's a very strange bug, allows us for more time to dodge and all but it's irritating being slower and as I said I don't recall seeing this before the patch was made.
I was thinking about playing it on a lower difficulty than Expert just for testing's sake but never get time for it (long map's only problem).

View Postthedrawliner, on 11 June 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

Some other smally bugies to reportee, I don't know if it had already been reported because I've witnessed it for quite a while and never thought about reporting it :

_Sometimes, and quite often, I don't know what makes this happen but messages no longer work for the course of the current level.
Messages like "unlocked" no longer appear, the "secret place" sound doesn't play since the message doesn't show up, pressing F8 doesn't fix it .... any message doesn't show up or when it does it is for an eye-blink time.
When a new level is loaded it is all back to normal.
As I said I can't get it what's making this happen and it also seems to happen more on Usermaps since I don't recall seeing this on the regular/main maps.

_About those shattered windows, they leave pieces on the ground and when we walk on them they turn into pixels. Well the thing is that if there is a lot of them and if it makes your game lag a bit then crouching and looking down to it will make them disappear along with its surrounding gag friends. An "exploit bug" that can prevent your PC from lagging in such places ^^

_I don't know why, and I don't recall seeing that before the patch was applied, but in the "Clear the Coast" usermap when we are about half way through (after using the first blue key-card(leading to the area with the RPG equivalent and the "Rock" restaurant)) the game slowly slows down. And when you reach the house with the red key-card the game maintains a slowed down pace for the rest of the map. By "slow down" I must precise that the sounds keep playing normally and the frame-rate is not as affected as it may sound and finally when you get in the pause menu the game seems to be back at normal speed but only as long as you're in the menu cause when you resume to the game it is back to its slowed down pace. That's a very strange bug, allows us for more time to dodge and all but it's irritating being slower and as I said I don't recall seeing this before the patch was made.
I was thinking about playing it on a lower difficulty than Expert just for testing's sake but never get time for it (long map's only problem).

Can confirm these as well. The disappearing messages might be an Eduke bug since restarting the game also fixes it.
Some more things:
- I noticed that Micky actually can't get drunk (and vomit) from any amount of alcohol. Or is that perhaps intentional? :)
- Micky also doesn't seem to have a hand sprite for holding the guardian's head. It just shows up as a completely black shape of a hand.
- I was able to reproduce this now: If you start a new game in the second episode, and do the "City under Siege" mission right away, then after the mission, you return to a version of the AMC Base where entering the briefing room makes the game act as if you just started the second episode (That is, all the conversations and the music is reverted back to pre-City under Siege state). However, if you do any other mission (EDF or main story), then when you return, the briefing room no longer reverts your progress. Kind of strange how that happens.

Edit:
Oh I almost forgot to mention: I can now definitely say that the thug/ninjas are being cut apart by any kind of shotgun blast, fire or plasma attacks, might also happen with any other special death type.
Strangely enough, if you hit them with the EDF plasma gun once, and then kill them with something that should not cause a special death, they will gib like they were killed with the plasma gun.
Judging from that, perhaps the type of damage they receive is only being stored after the death animation was already decided, using the previously stored damage type. (Default being the cut-in-half animation?) Just grasping at straws here, I have no idea how they are actually coded.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 12 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Message issue is a known bug that I can't really track down, I'm attempting to when I come across it.

Glass thing isn't a bug, what's happening is that the glass is coded to be deleted when the framerate dips below a certain level (alongside all other debris like bullet cases and blood) I do need to code a safety mechanism that deletes glass if a bunch ends up in the same spot.

The slowdown is weird, sounds like a PC problem to me? try typing SLO_MO_SHOWOFF 1 into the console and seeing what happens.

Well the thing with the slow down I've described is that when playing that map on Attrition with HRP it never slows down as much as it does in AMC that's why I don't really think my PC is involved; I mean a PC that can run Attrition HRP without much problem is definitely able to handle AMC that's why I find it weird ... (I can run the non-moded Duke perfectly with HRP (polymost))

I think there must be something in the map that you guys added that wasn't there in the first place and is causing it :/

BTW about alternate shells, normally we're supposed to be able to take 20 of them. There's a small glitch that takes you up to 29 if you pick a box of alt shells while you have 19.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 13 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

View Postthedrawliner, on 13 June 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

Well the thing with the slow down I've described is that when playing that map on Attrition with HRP it never slows down as much as it does in AMC that's why I don't really think my PC is involved; I mean a PC that can run Attrition HRP without much problem is definitely able to handle AMC that's why I find it weird ... (I can run the non-moded Duke perfectly with HRP (polymost))

I think there must be something in the map that you guys added that wasn't there in the first place and is causing it :/

It's the same on my end and... I immediately thought that it had something to do with the translucent water of the jacuzzi/pool because the slow down didn't happen on the original release (v2.0, not v2.0.1), where the water was opaque. :)

User is offline   Jblade 

I don't know what you want me to tell you because I played that map on both of my PCs and got no slowdown. Sorry guys.

Rhai might be on the right track with the translucent water.
It's either that or those new musics from the bar, the shop and the house.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that the map has been made too heavy for our systems to keep up with it somehow :/

JBlade do you think sending you a save file from a slowed down session of the level as we describe it would help ?
I mean if a save from us isn't slow on your PC then I guess that's our PCs' faults but if it is slowed down on yours then the problem will take a new dimension.

Hey everyone (not so) new bug found.

It's actually a bug I had reported before the patch was out and never actually reproduced, obviously thought that it had been fixed but it happened again (and unlike last time I got a save in case a dev needs it and screen caps for it).

With Highwire I had assigned the regular M203 grenades as special ammo, In the level I was playing I found the M-16 (specialty weapon) and consequently got 2 more (total of 9) and here's what happens :

Attached Image: duke0001.png

As you can see it shows I do have 9 but in bottom right hand corner it says 0, even after having selected "Standard Grenade" in the alt-ammo menu.
When I shoot it deselects the grenade launcher.

2 shots later :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Everything is back to normal.

Back then I had said that the 'nade ammo count could sometimes be misleading well now you can see what I was saying (I couldn't send James the save back then but now I keep it just in case).

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options