• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode 2 release!  "COME GET IT!"

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostRhaiNukem, on 16 April 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

I need an explanation about 'Ammo Drops'. :D Is this sign: '< ·:' (kind of, :D ) supposed to allow the delivery or is it this one: '·:'?
I haven't tried it yet, I'm hyped to see what happens! :D

It's active when the button is dark and pressed down :D

User is offline   Jblade 

So, anybody else making any progress through this? I'm interested in hearing what more people think.

Funny, last time I logged in here was around the release of episode 1. Good to see the project alive and well!
I haven't played through the episode 2 maps yet but I intend to, I unfortunately don't have much time for games anymore. I'm currently replaying the first episode just to experience the full thing again, and the changes so far are nice.

However I noticed something, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or a design choice: Has Rusty's revolver altfire been removed or changed since episode 1? I couldn't manage to activate the time slowdown like you could in V1.0

User is offline   Jblade 

It's been removed as I felt it made the first fire mode pointless due to how weak it was. All shots are now as powerful as the charged shot, and it's just as accurate - however akimbo mode is less accurate as a result.

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

Still think that Rusty totally needs a big revolver, like a .44 Magnum Smith and Wesson M29, that cant be dual wielded, or some LAR Grizzly pistols or something, because that would suit the character.

Why not a 500 S&W while you're at it ?

I think there was actually plans for a handcannon for Rusty, someone even had made sprites and showed a screenshot in a forum of Ep1 but it sounds like they didn't got interested in it.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Jblade, on 29 March 2015, 12:27 PM, said:

Anybody bought the vehicle test site yet?

Yeah... I did it today. :D I like it better this way. :D Having teleports linked to vehicle testing sites in AMC's base recreational area seemed a bit out of place. I love the bike/s circuit! :D

User is offline   king karl 

i just got this, i remember having very positive memories of episode one. but im super confused as to what im doing now

first things ive noticed,

1: the way you load in with character select each time feels very buggy to me, sure it serves its purpose and i dont think anything is actually wrong with it but from a new player's perspective it feels like it has forced me to start over and its very unsatisfying. for example i did the basic tutorial at the start and when i ran to the end area and it just sent me back exactly where i had spawned before with no indication that i had succeeded so i thought "i better do the whole tutorial again"

2: i had no idea what to do after the start tutorial, the only mission i could find in the mission select room was the new LA moon base and i did eventually find a way to unlock missions from there but that felt like a side mission and it only unlocked the "voices of authority" mission anyways

3. the maps could benefit from more playtesting too, ive only managed to find 2 maps (which is a problem in itself) the first was voices of authority and i found i actually could not press any of the buttons (i was using the knight so i could not shoot them) i eventually found a work around by kicking the buttons but this was particularly difficult for the box of 9 buttons.
next i found the pyramid level (oh god warn me when zaxtor makes the map!) this level was amazing in theory but could have been improved in a number of ways, like hte beetle shaped button to open the door at the start was very hard to see and i actually ended up finding all the secrets outside before figuring out that there was a button right on the front of the door. also i uncounted a game breaking glitch in this level after opening up the center portal i shot a button way up in the top corner but i was no longer standing in the room , which was technically a good thing because the ceiling of that room instantly collapsed but in effect i got trapped and could not progress because it was supposed to kill me.

4. the m16 weapon's muzzle fire is offsides i know someone already reported that one but does that mean im not using the latest version of the mod? i downloaded it form the link on MSDN.

overall it feels like an amazing mod that i really want to sink into but its obfuscated by layers of what is either glitches or a lack of direction. i dont like games that say RAMIREZ PICK UP THAT ROCKET LAUNCHER AND FIRE IT EXACTLY WHEN I SAY TO. but this is the opposite exteme and i cant tell if its not working right or if im just confused and cant find out where to unlock missions

EDIT some stuff i forgot
i used the russian guy for the pyramid level and when i found his LMG with the drum barrel in a secret area an icon kept coming up at the bottom of the screen with a picture of the gun and an arrow and it said "alt fire" or "hit fire" i cant tell which and it would just not go away

this is perhaps most important, after completing the pyramid level not only do i not see it anymore but i actually had to go back to new LA and unlock the voices of authority mission all over again, is this cuz i switched characters? i feel like im runnin around in circles here and nothin new is unlocking

This post has been edited by king karl: 30 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

For icons disappearing on the map you have to select the corresponding filters (when everything is displayed the map becomes hard to navigate) and you have to keep in mind that your last filter setting will never be kept so the missions disappear simply because the filter has been reset.

As for the Russian Guy as you said his LMG can mounted on walls and covers, the icon pops up to tell you that you can do it, doing it will severely increase accuracy but decrease mobility.

I'm stuck in the abyss. I'm in the tower of flesh and I only see a teleporter. Any help?

You're supposed to step on a small red square hole opposite of the teleporter, the square hole will blow you up in the air to reach a gap but if you don't have the patch installed you will never be sent high enough so make sure the patch is installed.

BTW no need to jump, technically if you just walk straight forward crossing it you will reach the top of the tower easily

View Postthedrawliner, on 30 May 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

You're supposed to step on a small red square hole opposite of the teleporter, the square hole will blow you up in the air to reach a gap but if you don't have the patch installed you will never be sent high enough so make sure the patch is installed.

BTW no need to jump, technically if you just walk straight forward crossing it you will reach the top of the tower easily

I already reached the gap, but after pressing the eyeball switches I only see a teleporter that sends me to the bottom of the tower.

User is offline   Jblade 

Did you pick up the abyss key from the tower? Go back to the center of the map and put it in the lock, there's another pathway opposite there that will take you to the area you need to get the second key.

If you're using the MSDN link than you're missing the patch - if you finish the level you're on than you can quit, install the patch, then start the episode and then carry on with whatever mission you unlocked next.

View PostJblade, on 30 May 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Did you pick up the abyss key from the tower? Go back to the center of the map and put it in the lock, there's another pathway opposite there that will take you to the area you need to get the second key.

If you're using the MSDN link than you're missing the patch - if you finish the level you're on than you can quit, install the patch, then start the episode and then carry on with whatever mission you unlocked next.

Sorry if i'm asking too much, but what does the key look like and where do I need to put it?

Edit: I didn't know those skulls were keys. Thank you

This post has been edited by armyman12345: 30 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

I'm getting some crashes at the start of Rusty's mission and around the and of Mikko's mission. I've installed the patch.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You're going to have to give us some more information than that. E.g post the log file generated after the crash.

Also download the eduke32 debug version from here: http://dukeworld.duk.../20150527-5258/ and run it, which should generate a crashlog file (different from the log file above) after the crash.

View PostMicky C, on 30 May 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

You're going to have to give us some more information than that. E.g post the log file generated after the crash.

Also download the eduke32 debug version from here: http://dukeworld.duk.../20150527-5258/ and run it, which should generate a crashlog file (different from the log file above) after the crash.

Redownloaded eduke, no longer crashes.

User is offline   MetHy 

I'm sorry, call me retarded but, how am I supposed to run this? I unrared everything in a clean folder. When lauching EDuke32 the startup window doesn't detect any GRP except that of NAM that I have on Steam... I tried replacing with the latest EDuke32 and this time it only detected Nuclear Winter GRP... Replacing it with the EDuke32.exe of my "normal" EDuke32 folder makes it detect no grp at all; and obviously trying to run it as an autoload folder doesn't work either. I don't see any installation guide so this should just be click and play, right?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 11 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

That's weird, unraring it in a clean folder should be enough o_O

Have you tried installing it on your D drive ? I mean not on your main drive ? Also try running it from a shortcut, install it in a clean folder and create a shortcut of the included EDuke32 and run it we never know ...

User is offline   MetHy 

Seems there is an issue with the way EDuke32 detects grp files. Anyway to make it force run the grp files inside the same folder, anyway to disable the detection of other grps on my harddrive?

I think I know a way to force it to run with the AMC GRP.

After you installed it in a clean folder create a shortcut of the included EDuke then right click on it and go in "Properties".
There should be an area called "Target" in which the included EDuke is written, select it and add something like "-zAMC.GRP -xAMC2GRP".

I had to do something like that in order to get "BDP The Gate" to work with Eduke.

User is offline   MetHy 

Yeah I guess that would work if EDuke32 would want to use Duke3D.grp with it, but it forces me to use Nuclear Winter or NAM with it.... I guess I'll have to try to delete every other GRP i have on my harddrive.

Do you have ALL your mods in your original Duke3D folder ?
That would explain things I guess ...

On my end I make a clean folder for every single mod I have and I never encountered such problems, maybe you should try something like that.
I think deleting all your GRPs wouldn't help since it doesn't want to use AMC's GRP there's no reason it would want to use it in lack of other GRPs although that also makes sense.

If those don't work I don't see how it would :/

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postthedrawliner, on 11 July 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Do you have ALL your mods in your original Duke3D folder ?

No.

I explained already I unrared AMC TC in a clean folder, and the grps of NAM and Nulcear winter, is the only thing the eduke32 within the AMCTC folder wants to use (=instead of using the grp within its own folder it only wants to use 2 grps from distinct games on my Steam folder)

i'm thinking it's a glitch of EDuke32's autodetection of grps and its will to automatically use grp from Steam games without the need to copy them into the same folder as the EDuke32 executable.

Weird thing being, this "glitch" only happens when I try to launch AMC TC; even if I use the same EDuke32 executable as my "normal" EDuke32 folder, executable which works just fine in my normal EDuke32 folder no matter what I want to launch.

manually telling EDuke32 to use the "AMCTC.grp" file won't work either because it still wants to use that OVER either NAM or Nuclear Winter only.

So i'm thinking: delete all other grps on my entire computer -> steam won't try to use those -> maybe then it will let me play the grps inside the folder; but atm i can't arsed to delete everything else atm and it's a solution that makes the whole "grp autodetection" system counterproductive.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 11 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

That's weird because mine doesn't detect any GRP and yet it still uses AMC normally o_O

User is offline   Jblade 

Sorry about the problems you're having MetHy, I have voiced my criticism of the auto-detection of Steam/Megaton grp files in Eduke32 - have you tried putting a Duke3d.grp file into the AMC TC directory itself?

Isn't there supposed to be one already in the .rar file ?
It was the case on my end at least :/

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostJblade, on 11 July 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Sorry about the problems you're having MetHy, I have voiced my criticism of the auto-detection of Steam/Megaton grp files in Eduke32 - have you tried putting a Duke3d.grp file into the AMC TC directory itself?

That seemed to work thanks (i went as far as the main menu but I never got that before, i'll try playing later), I didn't try that because there was one already which I thought was needed to launch the TC.

Also it's no need to be sorry, I always seem to attract the weirdest glitches

Edit: I'm the level The Warf now. I've been enjoying the game but there are a lot of small things that tick me off. The start of the episode was kinda slow, at least for me. I spent a long time wandering in the AMC base and in New LA on the moon because I hadn't seen the red mission dot at the top left of the mission map and thought no mission was available yet...

As far as the missions go I'm enjoying it but balancing seems weird. I'm playing on Expert, and I find myself either always low on ammo, then suddenly stocked up on everything; only to be taken everything back and constantly be low again; and that even though I do start the mission with an extra weapon and even though I do find secret places and make the best use of the weapon slot 1.
So I'm forced to use explosives on common enemies and often find myself fucked by enemies with body armor.

I seem to understand there is a way to call for supplies buying satellites and such, but I don't think I had enough resources to do that yet.

Some enemies also feel very random, give them a palette swap and suddenly they can kill you in under a second. The drones (the "actual" drones in The Warf, not the DN3D drones) are annoying too because they're hardly visible and can fuck you over in a second, too.

In The Warf I'm having the same experience with the bike as I've had in other mods using that bike... that is terrible. I'd rather go by foot. Not to mention that if you use it, you'll get fucked by tripbombs are respawns of a dozen tough enemies that will kill you before you have time to even get off the damn bike.

As for the sniper rifle, it's pretty much impossible to use the iron sight because of how of a big the slightest mouse movement does, and since its non-irong sight middle range accuracy is terrible, I find myself using it only at very close range... ironically. Though this issue is more due to how EDuke32 handles mouse input than the game's fault.

Anyway - i'm enjoying it quite a lot but so far all these small things added together make it feel like it could have been a lot more solid, but maybe that's just me.

Edit 2: i'm the next level now, the island. At the start of the level you can just swim around the island and reach the boss... is that intended?

Edit 3: I understand the road is open so the overcraft can go there, and the player doesn't stand a chance going there at the start anyway, but i still find it a little weird and unnecessary.
Anyway - I didn't really enjoy the tank fights, there really isn't any way to avoid enemies' rocket with it so it's all about staying at a distance and picking off enemies one at a time if you want to stand a chance.

From times to times I'm still getting a glitch I remember reporting from episode 1; when I'm out of a certain type of ammo for a slot#1 weapon sometimes it won't let me use the weapon again even though i'm stocked up on other type of ammo for it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

Also I don't think it's a good idea to make the slot#1 weapon diseappear altogether when it's empty and you pick up another slot#1 weapon. During the bossfight against the 2 robots at the end of the island, my zilla rocket launcher was empty, and I walked by accident on another slot#1 weapon lying there making my rocket launcher go away... that even though I still needed it considering there were ammo for it at the other side of the room. Thankfully another rocket launcher was lying on the other side of the room so it wasn't an issue.
Speaking of the 2 robot bosses, the 1st didn't put much of a fight and remained stuck there
http://i101.photobuc...zpsbeg2nxrt.png

I did enjoy the level though. Felt really huge and genuine, I mean, believable.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 12 July 2015 - 05:34 AM

I agree about the slot 1 weapon thing, however I'd say we don't lack ammo that much or maybe that because I keep playing over and over again on Expert :/

If you find that you're lacking ammo then you won't like the Oil Rig side mission ^^

User is offline   MetHy 

I've been fine with ammo now, I only really had trouble in the first maps it seems.

I just beat the next map, the temple in the mountains. Absolutely great map, best one so far, and by far.

Less is more, it has less content, less textures, but everything about it was solid all the way through. Great vertical design.

Only two small things ticked me off, during that jump puzzle with rotating pillars on lava, sometimes i'd hit by the lava even though I was standing on a pillar (and that lava does like 50hp/sec), but I know this issue and I know it's the same in the original DN3D so I can't blame that on you. 2nd thing was the "in your face" respawn when stepping into the ice part.

BTW I love the night vision goggles effect. Visually it reminds me a lot of the one in HL Opposing Force (hence the sound you used I guess), and it's exactly how it should have been in the original DN3D.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 12 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options