Duke4.net Forums: ATOMIC CRISIS (Cancelled) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ATOMIC CRISIS (Cancelled)  "Due to my ever growing boredom..."

Yep, that's right. I cancelled Atomic Crisis, decided that the project was going nowhere, and the maps aren't that great. I will now be starting a new project "The Dylan Diaries", about Captain Dylan, with original voice work by me. The maps will be highly detailed, and the sprite work will look so good, you won't be able to tell it isn't real! :D

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Screenshots or it doesn't exist and never will

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I am mightily surprised Posted Image

For the love of god keep the scale on this one small (small number of maps). Or better yet release individual vanilla maps first so you can get some feedback and improve your skill before you start a more ambitious project.

User is offline   Hazzardous 

You guys do realize what today's date is, right?

Or are you guys playing along and I'm just looking like an idiot?

Here's a link to all the info you'll need to know about the cancellation of Atomic Crisis, and the project "The Dylan Diaries". http://focusgamingnf.tumblr.com/

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

ha-ha. NOBODY CARES.

• Honored Donor

View PostHazzardous, on 01 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

You guys do realize what today's date is, right?

Or are you guys playing along and I'm just looking like an idiot?

View PostArtem Nevinchany, on 02 April 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

ha-ha. NOBODY CARES.

A combination of what Artem said, and that Atomic Crisis being cancelled due to the guy ultimately not being happy with the maps being an incredibly real scenario.

View PostMicky C, on 02 April 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

A combination of what Artem said, and that Atomic Crisis being cancelled due to the guy ultimately not being happy with the maps being an incredibly real scenario.

The whole idea was to make you guys think you were right, when you weren't, because I don't give up. Now it may take me a few years, but I'm not giving up on this project. I am putting it on a slight hold while I make a Duke 20 map, but I'm not quitting.

Also, no one cares because I got a bad rep on here pretty quickly.

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 02 April 2015 - 03:17 AM

• Honored Donor

No one cares because you've posted zero screenshots about the project and because you don't have a great deal of experience with mapping which likely leads to the case where the quality won't be up to scratch.

You may very well stick with it for several years and release it. It's not impossible that it could be good either. However if you simply go away and work on it in isolation without getting any feedback about what works and what doesn't work, (both in terms of gameplay and visual design) then you could end up with something very hit and miss.

People barely seem to care about the AMC TC Episode 2, and that's an absolutely massive TC that's had several talented and incredibly experienced people working on it for a long time.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 02 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostArtem Nevinchany, on 02 April 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

NOBODY CARES.

View PostMicky C, on 02 April 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

you've posted zero screenshots about the project

pretty much what i said in my first post.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

How far it was the progress of the thing you have cancelled?

• Honored Donor

Zaxtor, it's not cancelled; it was an april fools joke.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Nice.

So whats the progress of it?
When release date if is not too early?

View PostZaxtor, on 02 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Nice.

So whats the progress of it?
When release date if is not too early?

Progress: 2 maps + new textures and sounds almost complete. Release Date: When It's Done...(seriously)

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

When It's Done...(seriously)

ha-ha. TRUE STORY.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I don't mean to sound rude or make it seem like I am teaming up hehe lol I have my own fun trolling to deal with and it is fun. But this was kind of bad idea to make a new post saying that it's cancelled I know it was April fools but you could have edited your original Atomic Crisis thread to say "cancelled" in it and a new post would of bumped it. Really this is like a duplicate thread of the other one except there isn't any screen shots even some things that are said are repeats.

*Say if someone wanted to look at this mod they are bound to see the newest thread about it first hehe bad idea for you I think the other one is better with screen shots but dat shotgun needs HELP. After April fools you could of re edited your main post (take out cancelled).

*Some people are waiting for map releases when I check user maps section want to see something, at least I do and conversation that almost belongs in general discussion comes to maps section with this. Which is discomforting to me which is why I am even posting

* Nobody cares not because of your reputation you have but because you don't have much to cancel yet all we can see is a few screenshots a machine gun and a damaged shotgun image. Other words you haven't provided the eye candy for people to want it. Everyone should know rep... that's just to say how many friends you have and if you fit in. Or if you have released quite a bit of material you would have votes as well not to mention most people around have there own projects and maps already released. But honestly it doesn't even matter in the end.

Good luck if you plan to finish this it would seem you have a long way to go.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options