Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms is hiring for new Build Engine Game - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3D Realms is hiring for new Build Engine Game  "Get in touch!"

User is offline   petrus 

I can already see it in my dreams:

Duke 3D 2 with all voxel models, aim down sight like Brutal DooM, destructible environment, vehicles, huge city wide maps and a soundtrack by Megadeth!

John Romero himself stated that if they had released Brutal DooM instead of classic DooM back in 1993, they "would've destroyed the game industry".
Take the hint 3D Realms, tear shit up with Brutal Duke, i mean Duke 3D 2...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postpetrus, on 30 March 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Duke 3D 2 with all voxel models, aim down sight like Brutal DooM, destructible environment, vehicles, huge city wide maps and a soundtrack by Megadeth!

I hate to do a sort of plug, but what you just described in several ways is the AMC TC.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Id destroyed the industry in 1993 anyways with classic Doom...

View PostFox, on 29 March 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

DNF did not affect Duke popularity negatively just like Doom 3 to Doom. What happened is that there was a lot of interest in DNF, and that's all that was lost.

I agree with you, but your analogy is bad, because Doom 3 wasn't a flop. It stirred controversy, but wasn't exactly unsuccessful.

User is offline   petrus 

Doom 3 is in fact, with 3.5 million copies sold, the most successful game by id Software to date (commercially)!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 29 March 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

DNF did not affect Duke popularity negatively just like Doom 3 to Doom. What happened is that there was a lot of interest in DNF, and that's all that was lost.

Yes and no. The core Duke community definitely shrunk after DNF was released because of the reason you mentioned. But to the wider gaming community, DNF "proved" that there was no place for Duke and his "outdated take on things" in today's world, thus tarnishing his popularity in mainstream gaming.

User is offline   Lunick 

And what about when the DNF mod got published in a magazine?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMicky C, on 30 March 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

DNF "proved" that there was no place for Duke and his "outdated take on things" in today's world, thus tarnishing his popularity in mainstream gaming.

I thought DNF was just a shit game and that's why it hurt Duke's popularity. I know there was one reviewer who was attacking it from a social perspective, but that was not the consensus at the time.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I am doubting it will be a Duke Nukem game unless his name is now changed to Duke Shootem or you could use the more lovable Doug Huggem heheh.

This post has been edited by DNukem: 30 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

User is offline   3dwizard 

Mr.Deviance wants to tell you all, that banning him for telling it as it is without any censorship about the new 3drealms and sending both Gearbox and the new 3dreams to go fuck themselves for ruining everything in this scene, is really lame and excessive use of ban hammer force.

However, if his input is deemed no longer interesting around here, he wants to bid you all farewell with the exception of those that banned him.
That's right, I won't tell you ban hammer wielding bastards goodbye, in your face! I am sure you will be very depressed now that you know I won't bid you farewell and disrespect you on the internet so much!

Mr.Deviance has tried to register once again today under the name of MrDeviance. If he will be allowed to continue to post here with that new account, he will stay, if not he will not bother since he thinks this community has gone to shit recently anyway.
No it's not a case of sour grapes, well it might be a bit after so many years being registered here but he really does believe shit is going in the wrong direction too.

Signed an alt of Mr.Deviance.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 30 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Poor Mr.Deviance he needs Doug Huggem to come give him a huge hug heheh. Seriously he got banned for saying that stuff up there ?

View PostDNukem, on 30 March 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

Poor Mr.Deviance he needs Doug Huggem to come give him a huge hug heheh. Seriously he got banned for saying that stuff up there ?

Yes I did get banned for that and most likely for being deemed a pest by some of Fresch's fans around here that also happen to run the show.
It's kind of anticlimactic to be honest.
I did not intend to make a BanMe post, I really didn't see this ban coming to be perfectly honest.
I know I did some posts in the past that might have deserved some temporary banning but this time I am pretty sure I didn't make that much of a ban worthy case which is a bit weird to get banned with no words and no reasons given.
If anybody was expecting me to know that I was about to get banned after my last post, I am sorry to say but I wasn't.
It's ok though, maybe it's for the best regarding my daily constructive spent time that can go in other directions from now on if I don't get unbanned.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 30 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Seriously guys, who cares if it's a duke nukem game or not? of course it would be awesome if it was , but just the thought of another build engine game out there is incredible.

Really, who would even think of anything wrong about this?

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Even though I am one to defend that this is a really cool idea and a dream come true to some of us who never had an opportunity to officially work with the build engine because we were to young. And agree that sometimes people go to far still I do think banning deviance isn't correct

He is stating his opinion sure it is a strong one and discombobulated but it is an opinion. That to me shouldn't be ban material hopefully its temporary. This community is already pretty small no use in kicking out people including Robman. When a bad post is posted its made pretty clear by other members that its a bad post and that these people should be taken lightly. That should be enough. There is probably posts I dont know about to so maybe there has been a warning.

I am not taking sides but banning can be hurtful hell I never even spoke to Deviance before I dont think, im just saying in general :/

Yeah Davox I agree does not have to be Duke in fact I like one of the ideas I read above about a black character. He doesn't have to be ghetto can just be a bad ass. I think it would appeal to the media.

This post has been edited by Duke64: 30 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I don't think it was the one or two posts in this thread that caused Mr. Deviance to be banned but (rather like Robman) it was a lot of posts on this forum. In this case, it is always Mr. Deviance complaining about Fred and only about that. The only posts I can remember of his within the last year or so has been exactly that with his posts usually causing others to attack his same old comments and almost derail a thread.

This isn't the thread to discuss that though.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 30 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

It's interesting that attacking Fresch gets you banned on this forum these days.
Last year it used to be a public sport here and now you get banned for it?
Interesting.

The thing is, It's not like I gratuitously attack him with made up arguments or fictitious things.
I always criticize him based on what he does.
Knowing him, he most likely cried over some admin here and he got what he wanted.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 30 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Maybe Fred did something important last year
Posted Image

View PostLunick, on 30 March 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Maybe Fred did something important last year
Posted Image

Of course he did.
He plastered his name all over that defunct company that he bought for scrap money.
And now somebody in charge of this forum is kissing his ass and banning his opponents just to look good, one might think, who knows.
Not making any accusations but it sure looks like it.
Maybe it would be more honorable and fair to put Fresch the admin of this forum if things have gotten that lovely with the ass kissing and there's a relationship starting to flourish here.

Instead of sacrificing people such as myself as a form of gift to honor the all mighty Fresch, maybe Fresch should be allowed to officially admin this forum so that I can at least know who banned me for real.
Banning by proxy for the sake of ass kissing, is disgusting.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 30 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View Post3dwizard, on 30 March 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

Of course he did.
He plastered his name all over that defunct company that he bought for scrap money.
And now somebody in charge of this forum is kissing his ass and banning his opponents just to look good, one might think, who knows.
Not making any accusations but it sure looks like it.

His opponents? What sort of opposition do you have, not buying his game? Putting a cracked version available on your website? I don't understand, are you another Bryan who is going to cause further trouble to Fred or something?

It's not like I think he is is perfect or hasn't done flawed things lately but at least he is trying.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oh jeez, I can't believe I forgot about Mr. Deviance's pretentious alt account that he used to give himself fake internet points (upvotes) with. Bye!

And yes, it's permanent. You know we have notes on his account and previously logged bans for shitposting going all the way back to 2009? People who haven't figured out that you can't act like that after more than half a decade aren't welcome here.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Mr. Deviance may have been banned because of the "jewish mother fuckers" comment. Things got tighter here after the Viper incident.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Awww.... TX banned him before this got really interesting. I wanted to see what he had to say... then point and laugh. :D

View PostMicky C, on 30 March 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

I hate to do a sort of plug, but what you just described in several ways is the AMC TC.

Hey, you got to spread the good word, AMC TC is awesome.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 30 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostReaperMan, on 30 March 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

Ah.... TX banned him before this got really interesting. I wanted to see what he had to say and then point and laugh. :D

You can actually generate your very own Mr. Deviance posts, easily and from the comfort of your own home. Simply take one of his past tirades, add additional random profanity and hate speech into it, paste it into Google language tools, translate it into at least two intermediate languages, and then back to English. For extra authenticity, replace all newline characters with spaces. Done!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Turns out that actually works.

"I am Mr. Deviance I hate all Jews here smells like food and Jew stinks. Fresh to fuck I hate him cus he is successful , and I do not I'm a pirate his games ."

Mr. Deviance got banned for real? I don't see the words "Banned" "Shitposter" or whatever in his member title and signature. No indication.

Too bad Brownfarted is nowhere in sight to save the day.

Who else remembers this?: I want to know if this site has become a shithole where some members of it's staff abuse their powers to edit user's profiles!

• Turok Nukem

Sorry did not know all info just feel bad when someone is banned. But I can have some sort of understanding as I had to ban one person from my steam group lol so only one person is banned there. Anyway sorry for questioning your decision without knowing all.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Fuel on a dying fire, but I see it as Deviance didn't just attack Fresch, he basically shat on a project members here are applying to work on.

Anywho, hey Fred, whens this project getting a reveal?

User is offline   MetHy 

I have dreamt several times of making a new Build game.

I am also certain it could be financially possible and the game would at least make even. After all, the producer budget would be lower, and there is an audience for this kind of game which noone seems to want or be able to please, not even the pseudo "retro" FPS coming out these days.

The fact that it's Build would also help advertising and growing interest a lot.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 30 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

first Robman then MrDeviance banned?
aawwww, now who am I gonna play with?

I'm still betting on something build based using the material he acquired when he took over 3dr. iirc he stated that he's legally allowed to use it for commercial use.

• Turok Nukem

View PostMetHy, on 30 March 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I have dreamt several times of making a new Build game.

I am also certain it could be financially possible and the game would at least make even. After all, the producer budget would be lower, and there is an audience for this kind of game which noone seems to want or be able to please, not even the pseudo "retro" FPS coming out these days.

The fact that it's Build would also help advertising and growing interest a lot.

Couldn't of said it better, if you are applying Methy good luck.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options