Duke4.net Forums: Need help with CON code - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help with CON code

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Posted Image

I'm making a TC in which I want to put some vehicles to drive. I'm using Lezing's code from DNF 2013's bike, but there are some parts of the code I can't understand very well. I can see there are lot of CON coders here, so if somebody wants to help me I'll appreciate it very much, and of course I'll give the credit.

Using the same code from DNF 2013 (but here I'm using 1.3 version instead of Atomic Edition) I found these problems (I can't explain them with words because my English is too bad):

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 25 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

There's a whole thread dedicated to CON questions. If you have any specific issues you want to get help on, drop a message there.

For getting a dedicated programmer on your project with just that one photo is near impossible, so you should instead try to get help on specific problems you want to solve.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPerro Seco, on 09 February 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm making a TC in which I want to put some vehicles to drive. I'm using Lezing's code from DNF 2013's bike, but there are some parts of the code I can't understand very well.

FYI: The code for that bike was copied (with permission) from a much earlier TC that Lezing had made where it was code for a futuristic electric bike. I made a few tweaks, mostly to change the sounds and collision handling for DNF 2013. However, there's stuff in there that I didn't understand myself.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Seriously Dan? :lol:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Link me the code and I'll take a crack.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

FYI: The code for that bike was copied (with permission) from a much earlier TC that Lezing had made where it was code for a futuristic electric bike. I made a few tweaks, mostly to change the sounds and collision handling for DNF 2013. However, there's stuff in there that I didn't understand myself.

Is it really that different from the boulders you coded for WGR2? Although I imagine the HUD display code would be moderately sophisticated.

Edit: There should be a code-off between Leezing and Muesla for the Code King title.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 10 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostMicky C, on 10 February 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Edit: There should be a code-off between Leezing and Muesla for the Code King title.

Do you Even Brutal Dookie ?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Do you even LUA you bitch?

if SERVER then
	hook.Add("PlayerInitialSpawn", "SpawnSound", function( ply )
		if ply:Nick() == "The Commander" then
			umsg.Start( "deploymusic" )
			umsg.End()	
		end
	end)
else
	usermessage.Hook( "deploymusic", function()
		local url = "http://www.underdone.org/downloads/join.mp3"
		sound.PlayURL( url , "mono", function(a) end)
		chat.AddText( Color( 255, 0, 0 ) , "'The Commander' has joined in on this shit you haters!")
	end)
end

This post has been edited by The Commando: 11 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostDaedolon, on 10 February 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

There's a whole thread dedicated to CON questions. If you have any specific issues you want to get help on, drop a message there.

For getting a dedicated programmer on your project with just that one photo is near impossible, so you should instead try to get help on specific problems you want to solve.
Hello, I changed the main post with a video and a demo download.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yes, SkyTown TC, I played it too and looks great, but it's unfinished. :lol: I asked Lezing for help, but looks like he's busy.

View PostHendricks266, on 10 February 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Link me the code and I'll take a crack.
I put the link in the main post. Thanks a lot in advance. ;)

Sorry but I need to bump this thread. I want to know if there's somebody who can understand that complex piece of code and help me a bit.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPerro Seco, on 05 March 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

Sorry but I need to bump this thread. I want to know if there's somebody who can understand that complex piece of code and help me a bit.

The problem here is that it's work and it's not fun work. The author of the code has already told you he's too busy, and he's the best qualified to help you. Even people who enjoy complex, technical coding don't really enjoy interpreting a second person's code and then explaining it to a third person. That's the sort of thing you would pay a teacher to do in a programming class (and even then...)

That was based on my old bike code dating back to 2006, but it relies on Duke built-in collision detection which is prone to glitches and apparently isn't very good for vehicle physics. You can see that even the bike from DNF 2013 keeps penetrating into walls and hanging mid-air on some occasions. One should try a more advanced physic model to do this without such problems.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options