• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Zaxtor 

It sounds incredible but the Pillars of Creation don't exist anymore
http://sploid.gizmod...nt-e-1677857108

User is offline   Kathy 

Huh, wasn't it a common knowledge that we see back in time?
"This is a version of a story published on February 11, 2012." :lol:

Now the actual article worth linking to - http://www.nasa.gov/...rs-of-creation/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Too bad a supernova killed it, 6k years ago.
That thing was legendary.
In about 1K years it will be gone from Earth's view.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostFox, on 09 January 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Boba Fett got really screwed: "As a result, sarlacci have evolved an efficient digestive process, which slowly dissolves prey into nutrients over a period of several thousand years. Victims are kept alive throughout digestion."

Boba Fett survived (according to at least one novel) due to his armor. Mandelorian armor is pretty badass.

User is offline   Wienerhole 

• Only A Man

Once upon a time there was "The Man", "Men" and "De-Men".

"Woe-men" decided who was "The" or "De".

Demens were desperate to get Woe-men to treat them as Men.
Men were desperate to get Woe-men to treat them as The Man.
The Man was desperate to get Woe-men to treat him as No-man.

Civilization ensued.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 10 January 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Boba Fett survived (according to at least one novel) due to his armor. Mandelorian armor is pretty badass.

I know that. But as far as the original trilogy goes, he is dead.

• Only A Man

When someone begins as a losing proposition, their victory is defined by delays.

• Only A Man

View PostFox, on 10 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

The only thing that can't be resurrected is the original point of view, because resurrection alters the point of view of all observers, including the observer of the point of view.

We content ourselves with reflections.

• Only A Man

View PostRobman, on 07 January 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

But the bromance though? I'm hurt. Shocked and appalled. Does this mean we're not going on Naked and Afraid together? I was going to bring a blow torch as my 1 item, think how good it could have been.

I don't have to be conscious during everything my physical identity experiences.

Return to Innocence - .. dance mix '94 was tha shit, lol. Kidding, it sucked but I liked that song :lol: First cd ever was Dance mix '92, received from older sister, bought Metallica black album for $5 off her b/f shortly after that. Then came Aerosmith.

They knew what they were doing. Imagine a species which harvests human passion and sees everything on a spectrum of "genuine" vs "fake" and harvests accordingly. Given what we know about ourselves... what might such an industry look like?

First tape ever was Tom Cochrane - Mad mad world.

The best part is he's emphasizing just how rational the world is. It's so rational it hurts.

Well now I'm just confused. Am no spy in the conventional sense, was another meaning implied?

You pay attention and report clearly.

I'm just a regular joe, spending an odd amount of time on the duke4 forum due to dumping fb and spending little time outside as it's -30 celsius out there. Your hands stick to metal, it's cold.

Don't masturbate with below freezing metal. Seriously... it will hurt every time.

I enjoy coming to duke4, pulling a few donuts in the parking lot as the smoke dissipates in my rear view. It's a phase, duration unknown.. love me while I'm here.

Duration forever. Your time here will never disappear.

About the sex thing though, nobody was saying you have to fornicate on the first date.

Everybody fornicates BEFORE the first date. That's the cosmic joke.

Father Abraham had many sons
Many sons had Father Abraham
I am one of them and so are you
So let's all praise the Lord.
Right arm!

Father Abraham had many sons
Many orgasms had Father Abraham
My mother grabbed one of them
So let's all praise the Lord.
Right arm!

- Sounds like the world could use some more absurdity.
-Power dynamic? - System is geared for single mothers and prefers it, which of course you know.

The system thinks single mothers and vanishing fathers deserve to deal with the consequences of their desires.

This post has been edited by WiederToo: 10 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

When I was a kid I had a toy of Boba Fett, I carried it everywhere with me. One day when I was waiting outside a bank for my dad get back I was playing around some corporate art sculpture that had a moat with dark murky water about 6 feet deep with a metal grid coving it so people can't fall in.
I think Fett tried to drive out of the way of an imaginary explosion and ended up falling though the grid to slowly disappear under the copper coloured water forever. This was about 26 years ago, he is probably still there now, to me this is more tragic than what happened to him in the movie.

Death by corporate art.

• Only A Man

View PostRonan, on 10 January 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

...to me this is more tragic than what happened to him in the movie.

Death by corporate art.

It's the exact same thing.

Imagine creating something perfect only to wind up seeing it kept alive in our world so long as it fed the beast?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostWiederToo, on 10 January 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

It's the exact same thing.

Imagine creating something perfect only to wind up seeing it kept alive in our world so long as it fed the beast?

Good point. I imagine my toy Fett with be broken down over the course of a couple of 1000 years also.

• Only A Man

View PostRonan, on 10 January 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I imagine my toy Fett with be broken down over the course of a couple of 1000 years also.

And will be converted via new stories from the moat cleaners that have the potential to become self sustaining.

Boba Fett as an individual has been broken down.
Boba Fett as an idea has been given infinite potential.

Holy crap I can vote and look at votes! I'm a real boy!

This post has been edited by CharlesT: 10 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

• I have the power!

View PostFox, on 10 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Not necessarily. Did we see him die? No, we saw him fall into the sarlacc.

The Negotiator said:

Lieutenant Danny Roman: I like westerns, like Shane.
Lieutenant Chris Sabian: It's interesting that you pick one where the hero dies.
Lieutenant Danny Roman: What are you talking about? He doesn't die. He rides off into the sunset, and that kid says "Come back, Shane!"
Lieutenant Chris Sabian: That's a common misconception, in the last frame he's slumped over on his horse.
Lieutenant Danny Roman: So he was slumped, slumped don't mean dead.

Also, the legends about Boba Fett surviving may be shown to be true. Legends aren't false, they just don't have to be true.

This post has been edited by The Real Slim Flibble: 10 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

View PostCharlesT, on 10 January 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Holy crap I can vote and look at votes! I'm a real boy!

Not real boy yet I am still seeing a wooden chair :lol:

• Only A Man

View PostDuke64, on 10 January 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Not real boy yet I am still seeing a wooden chair :lol:

No rest for death, eh?

I've yet to find an image which represents the broken man in a way the broken woman will understand better than the broken chair.

Patterns... yeah... sit on that... shit on that... wish for that...

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostRonan, on 09 January 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

They got the job that needed to be done done. So what if they had 1000, you think they should have had less and reduce their chances? Those guys put their lives on the line dealing with unreasonable nutters, it could have been so much worse, very easy to criticize from a distance. I'm just happy I don't have to share this planet with those warped scumbags anymore. They should feed the bodies of these zealots to the pigs.

I understand where you're coming from, and you may be right. Who knows. However, there are testimonies from hostages that claim the terrorists were very friendly to certain hostages. Of course this doesn't excuse them killing people but it does make me wonder if, perhaps, there was a shred of good in them after all, and the "feed the zealots to the pigs" line of reasoning might be too simplistic. Naturally I'm not saying "let's welcome all extremists and terrorists with open arms!", but maybe... just killing them all is not the most constructive option?

User is offline   Lunick 

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostSangman, on 10 January 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

I understand where you're coming from, and you may be right. Who knows. However, there are testimonies from hostages that claim the terrorists were very friendly to certain hostages. Of course this doesn't excuse them killing people but it does make me wonder if, perhaps, there was a shred of good in them after all, and the "feed the zealots to the pigs" line of reasoning might be too simplistic. Naturally I'm not saying "let's welcome all extremists and terrorists with open arms!", but maybe... just killing them all is not the most constructive option?

Maybe they were being torn to shreds by their conscience after having enough time for their actions to sink in, who knows. They deserved to die, not be looked after in the hope that one day they will be ok, this is the harsh reality.

It's not fair to expect working men to be sure to aim for the arm or legs of indoctrinated nutters lacking in reason, intent on suicide by cop.

I'm sure the brothers had more than a shred of good in them, I don't believe in all consuming demons I'm sure some of he biggest cunts who ever lived probably loved their dogs. It doesn't matter, they knew what would happen.

While on dogs, an indoctrinated killer is a lot like a dog with rabies, it needs to be put down.

None of this shit is ideal, I'm sure they did they best they could and I wouldn't blame them if they were licked by the flames of revenge.

Put these people in jail and they multiply with acquired knowledge.

As for the feed the pigs comment, I was just indulging myself.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 10 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Well, yeah, but, these indoctrinated nutters don't just fall out of the sky. These guys more than likely grew up in French homes in France, so what drove them to commit these acts? What is driving these people into the arms of hate preachers in the first place? Maybe there's a perfectly reasonable root frustration. Nobody just gets up one day and decides "yep, shooting people over a cartoon is perfectly reasonable" That's what I would like to know, and that's probably a step closer to a structural solution to what for all we know might be a legitimate issue. Shooting people I fear doesn't get us anywhere in the long run.

Of course, none of this is the fault of (probably) highly stressed officers and if a guy comes out guns blazing, you do what you can to protect yourself. I understand that, and I'm glad no further officers (AFAIK) were killed after the initial incidents, but on another level I'm not glad that these guys got shot and we'll never know what drove them to commit those acts. Things might've been learned to prevent similar attacks from happening in the future.

This is all speculation naturally and for all I know maybe they were just completely clinically insane, but the testimonies by hostages don't seem to support that idea.

You can agree or disagree but in a nutshell that is why I'm not sure I should be happy/relieved that they got themselves killed.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostSangman, on 10 January 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Well, yeah, but, these indoctrinated nutters don't just fall out of the sky.

Of course not, they need an absurd set of beliefs that robs them of reason.

These guys more than likely grew up in French homes in France, so what drove them to commit these acts? What is driving these people into the arms of hate preachers in the first place? Maybe there's a perfectly reasonable root frustration. Nobody just gets up one day and decides "yep, shooting people over a cartoon is perfectly reasonable" That's what I would like to know, and that's probably a step closer to a structural solution to what for all we know might be a legitimate issue. Shooting people I fear doesn't get us anywhere in the long run.

It's a gradual process, they are already indoctrinated, to control someone already in submission is not that hard.

This is all speculation naturally and for all I know maybe they were just completely clinically insane, but the testimonies by hostages don't seem to support that idea.

They believed they were going to heaven for a date with 72 virgins, make of that what you will.

• Only A Man

What is driving these people into the arms of hate preachers in the first place?

They only notice the love being preached.

It would help to understand what they seem to love enough to kill for rather than what they seem to hate.

To understand what they love is dangerous though, to those who don't/can't understand the quote "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Maybe there's a perfectly reasonable root frustration.

Yes, a world of lies.

Nobody just gets up one day and decides "yep, shooting people over a cartoon is perfectly reasonable" That's what I would like to know...

They didn't shoot over a cartoon. They shot over something they loved enough to risk everything for. Mind controlled or not, the motivation is based on defending something, not attacking something.

This post has been edited by CharlesT: 10 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

• Only A Man

View PostRonan, on 10 January 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

They believed they were going to heaven for a date with 72 virgins, make of that what you will.

You don't think that's your own indoctrinated over simplification of a concept making it easier to hate and celebrate destruction?

This post has been edited by CharlesT: 10 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

Criminal minds are generally justified by a lot of psycological things. But until the mind reader machine is avaliable there´s no way the outcome of knowing their reasons is worth the polution danger criminals represent being alive. It´s better to kill them, serves both as an example and as a way to stop their reprodution. You only have to see how they stigmatizate their races, social class, etc. Soft punishments aggraviate the problem in the long run too.

• Only A Man

View PostGambini, on 10 January 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Criminal minds are generally justified by a lot of psycological things.

Including extremely clever criminal minds that know how to get otherwise non-criminal minds to do criminal things believing they are doing good things without fully grasping the full scope of their actions until it is too late.

We have no mechanism to deal with those minds therefore our world is like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Deja vu!

This post has been edited by CharlesT: 10 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

• I have the power!

Maybe if the magazine hadn't been an islamaphobic hate-filled liberal establishment, they wouldn't have had a problem. I'm not saying that murder is ever justified, but, you know, they need to deal with the consequences of their actions. You publish hate speech, you have to deal with the reaction to that hate speech.

That is ridiculous.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 10 January 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'm not saying that murder is ever justified, but, you know, they need to deal with the consequences of their actions. You publish hate speech, you have to deal with the reaction to that hate speech.

And she was asking for rape because she was wearing a short skirt.

• Only A Man

He's a classic...

A couple martyrs walk into a bar and start to argue.
A couple heroes are thrown out.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options