Duke4.net Forums: The most amazing screenshots of Dukemaps? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The most amazing screenshots of Dukemaps?  "Shots of breathtaking structures, buildings, landscapes, etc."

User is offline   pmw 

Hello.

I want to see the most spectacular screenshots of Dukemaps. Huge buildings, structures, landscapes, whatever.
So, feel free to post screenshots like this of maps/mods you have played.

Here's couple example shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know there are better scenes around, so hit F12 and lets see what people got.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View Postpmw, on 25 December 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hello.

I want to see the most spectacular screenshots of Dukemaps. Huge buildings, structures, landscapes, whatever.
So, feel free to post screenshots like this of maps/mods you have played.

Here's couple example shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know there are better scenes around, so hit F12 and lets see what people got.

1st pic reminds me of the western level of AMC TC.
which it is.

I'll post a few (my fav of AMC TC)
Rainforest (Jungle base to head toward the base). (made by me)
And the megabase (first level) that cool huge base with all sort of things inside of it. (made by Highwire and James) I think.
Posted Image

Oblivion screenshot, I have many favs on my work, but will post a few.
Mainly spriteswork, especially the base on the surface of the sun.
AREA-51B is also pretty complex spritework base.
Posted Image

Trequonia, since is not finished I will post (minimal screenshots to avoid spoilage).
Trequonia surface, leet spriteworks.
City store including the adult / erotic bar that is closed.
Video store, we saw that on the trailer.
Mod has lots of insane spriteworks but will only be seen when playing it.
Posted Image

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

My Getaway Island Duke Caribbean Dukematch map:

Posted Image
Posted Image

My Super Mario Bros. 3 World 1 Dukematch map:

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   David B. 

Ok, here is my contribution then...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0002.png

User is online   ck3D 

love how everyone is posting their own work in a 'the most amazing screenshots' thread. it's fine though, some great ones in there. zaxtor's megabase and kihntron screenshots are especially stunning !

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 25 December 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

My Getaway Island Duke Caribbean Dukematch map:

Posted Image
Posted Image

My Super Mario Bros. 3 World 1 Dukematch map:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm not sure what these are doing in this thread. They're novel, but not amazing, breathtaking, or spectacular.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the Mario map, but I think the Duke Caribbean map is pretty good for the little that is there. It's just something that I threw together in one night. The only reason I built it was to see how well I could build an island. I saw the word "landscapes" in the first post and wanted to post a screenshot of it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That probably makes it worse though. The guy was asking for pretty much the best looking scenes made ever, which tends to exclude things built in one night unless you're super motivated, super-inspired veteran working some real elbow grease.
Don't get me wrong, Zaxtor is probably pushing it posting as many shots as he did, and there's very little of my own work that I'd consider posting here, it's just that if you post any random stuff then it starts to defeat the purpose of the thread.

It needs to be sponge-worthy.

I'll post some stuff tomorrow, most of which will be the work of someone else for a change :)
I've also seen some secret stuff around that's made my jaw drop pretty much after I thought I'd seen it all, which would be totally appropriate to post here, but the timing isn't right.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 26 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

User is offline   pmw 

I really like Zaxtro's megabase-shot, that's what I meant.

And NUKEMDAVE, I don't want to be rude, your map looks great, but it's not really spectacular. It's good looking, but I don't really get WOAH!!!! -expression.
I really want to show to my little brother the capabilities of Eduke via these shots, he doesn't really know how big and spectacular maps you can do with Build.

User is offline   MetHy 

WGRealms.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

William Gee's WGSpace 1 level has some insane sprite work and sector work.
I played year ago or so, then played again in HRP.
Posted Image

User is offline   pmw 

Posted Image
I really like bridges.. I think black bridge front of red sky looks amazing.

Posted Image
When I first time played this, I really was like "woah". That place really felt as huge as it looks.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

That one looks familiar with the rocket.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I guess it depends with different people what intrigues the eye what one person is bound to like the other might not so much but it nice seeing screenshots mixture of styles to. The rocket is kind of cool but in my opinion looks a mess with ugly colors and textures around it throws it off for me and of course using hrp is going to make screens look more like eye candy when as normal they look bland and empty. The screen from forges map the red sky with the bridge is nice though and the base located on the sun look interesting to there was a one or two others that stuck out to me also.
Attached Image: duke0108.png

This post has been edited by Duke64: 26 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

User is offline   Mark 

From a Dukeplus map.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0036.jpg

• Honored Donor

Duke Nukem Forever 2013 (I don't think the screenshots convey the true grandeur of some of the shots:

Incredibly conceptually grand Vegas map by Gambini. Memorable, immersive and well designed regardless of the DNF references.
Posted Image

Large canyon in the DLC by myself, notable due to its huge size, and (for the Build engine) decent terrain:
Posted Image

Nice vertical terrain by myself, something we don't see enough of in Duke IMO, although in hindsight I wish I used some texture variety.
Posted Image

Davox's maps. Basically both of them are incredibly good looking throughout. I don't think I can narrow it down to any few select areas. Someone else can try if they're game :)

Imperium
The smoothest, most natural terrain I've ever seen in the Build engine, at least on such a large scale. I still don't quite know how he (Numan I think?) did it.
Posted Image

Another nice looking outdoor area, by one of the Oostrums.
Posted Image

Fantastic looking large cave segment. Due to the nature of how build does slopes, and how the floor and ceiling must share a firstwall, caves like this are incredibly, incredibly hard to do. I wouldn't attempt it myself. They pulled it off brilliantly, and the gameplay fits in really well too.
Posted Image

• Turok Nukem

Nice I do like that cave waterfall and slopes on the grass photo those are special. Only thing is the one cliff one the textures are stretched just looks kind of funny and the really large area is to colorful looks funky but very well built at same time. But I am a terrain kind of guy and those are some nice pics even your map pic

This post has been edited by Duke64: 28 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   Merlijn 

About Imperium: the alien level was done by Kaiser, a very talented mapper but alas he left the community before the project was finished. The second screenshot is mostly Numans work, although Maarten and me edited and finished it. The caverns are designed by Maarten. Most of my work for that episode can be found in the space levels and the first level. :)

User is offline   pmw 

I like the canyon shot. It's really what I wanted to see. Huge environment there. Nice shots.

User is offline   Diaz 

The smooth terrain is not that hard to achieve if you subdivide your sectors into triangles and use some careful thinking.

• Honored Donor

I'm sure you can achieve a great deal smooth terrain with the right number of triangles, but surely there are ways that are easier and less wall-consuming than others, i.e optimal constructions for what you're trying to do. Perhaps some kind of specific thought process that people follow when doing this stuff.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 30 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

• Turok Nukem

Not everyone has the patience or thought process to do that if you can and do you are pretty smart I think. I'm sure there's plenty who can but i'm saying it's not everyone who can slope this way it is spectacular aka fabulous :)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostMicky C, on 30 December 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm sure you can achieve a great deal smooth terrain with the right number of triangles, but surely there are ways that are easier and less wall-consuming than others, i.e optimal constructions for what you're trying to do. Perhaps some kind of specific thought process that people follow when doing this stuff.

Try to follow a set grid size and grid lines as much as possible. It makes it easier to accomplish with less tweaking and limits how often you need to split things into triangles. Also when you split into triangles the firstwalls should be set so that you angle the sectors to meet along the middle of the seam/split.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I would take screenshots from Red series or It Lives. But I'm so lazy ass! :)

However, I have taken screenshot from my map. Unexpectedly, right?

Bedford Falls lights:

Posted Image

User is offline   pmw 

Looks pretty huge map. Could it be more bright? Shoot and take a screenshot.. :-)

• Turok Nukem

Looks cool with the snow like a snowed in town at night and also does relate to the topic of what you can do with mapster32 or build the limits are pretty far especially if you know how to twist them like adding snow like that.

• Senior Artist at TGK

View Postpmw, on 03 January 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Looks pretty huge map. Could it be more bright? Shoot and take a screenshot.. :-)

Spoiler

• Senior Artist at TGK

I would like to share with 1 more pic. It brings some xmas mood for me, doesn't it?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Artem Nevinchany: 04 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

The roch series deserves a mention - as far as I can tell those are the first maps to succesfully create a convincing suburban setting (as opposed to the metropolitan feel of the original city levels). Mappers like ck3d and Forge are obviously influenced by this series. This screenshot is from Roch 4:
Attached Image: roch4.jpg

Someone mentioned the red-series. I think the red1 remake has my best outdoor sections:
Attached Image: red1landscape2.jpg
Attached Image: red1 terrain1.jpg

User is offline   Perro Seco 

My latest map Duke 2070:

Posted Image

Cathedral by Arrovf:

Posted Image

Bedrone by Billy Boy:

Posted Image

CyberDuke by Eye del Cul:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options