• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

As usual.
Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Hendricks eggs Jimmy on; Jimmy gets the ban.
(takes notes for CGS forum)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

User is online   Jblade 

We are as much accountable as they are for what they say since we indirectly encourage it.

What? No, sorry you're insulting a lot of people with that kind of talk. I'm not going to moderate myself on up voting a post just because the person might do or say something down the line that I don't personally agree with. I've up voted people I've had spats with plenty of times. I think you'll find most people don't give a shit about other people's rep points, it's just a completely lazy way of saying "yeah I liked this post or agreed with it/parts of it" and an e-penis measurement (and I check my points a lot, so I'm just as guilty of this)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 07 December 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

I see that Jimmy and Viper got a two week ban from the duke4 forums.

It was long overdue. And 2 weeks is absolutely nothing.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

Looks like he has some waiting to do.

This post has been edited by Robman: 08 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

Also they are notorious for being anti-Semites, disrespecting people w/ people w/ autisim and Asperger's (Which I have AS BTW), up voting each other's posts, and anything else to add. In the end; Jimmy and Viper really needs to get their shit together and act like adults not like spoiled middle-high schooled kids.

In my view. Negative opinions are allowed as long as those opinions are being said in a civil and respectful manner. It's okay to express your beef w/ an issue you have w/, but don't act like a prick to those you disagree w/ you.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostJblade, on 08 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

What? No, sorry you're insulting a lot of people with that kind of talk. I'm not going to moderate myself on up voting a post just because the person might do or say something down the line that I don't personally agree with. I've up voted people I've had spats with plenty of times. I think you'll find most people don't give a shit about other people's rep points, it's just a completely lazy way of saying "yeah I liked this post or agreed with it/parts of it" and an e-penis measurement (and I check my points a lot, so I'm just as guilty of this)

I don't see at all how my post can be considered insulting, but I see your point.

Edit: Actually, I think there's a misunderstanding. I don't disagree with the practice of upvoting sensible posts that people make, but I've seen the shitty/image macro ones get upvoted too. Maybe, like you say, it's just unfair to condemn an entire group of people over it.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 08 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostSangman, on 07 December 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

If this keeps pedophiles away from actual children, I'm all for it. In fact, these dolls should probably be as realistic as possible.

Sure sounds like great idea, how about they get some good marketing and advertise a massive sale of them at a certain place at a certain time. When all the buyers are in the building, demolish it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostForge, on 08 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

Hendricks eggs Jimmy on;

>Implying I wasn't serious with everything I said.

(Except the redpilled bit. I prefer the greenpill.)

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 08 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

So two buffoons got themselves banned and now all of a sudden people are coming out of the woodwork to voice their opinions on said buffoons. Nope, this isn't gonna be awkward at all when they're back in 2 weeks :)

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 December 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

>Implying I wasn't serious with everything I said.

(Except the redpilled bit. I prefer the greenpill.)

calling him ignorant and a racist, then banning him for the (expected) follow-up hijinks?
sounds like baiting.
-worse things came out of almost every Blue Lightning thread. They were locked, but nobody received a hit from the ban-hammer.

"cumulative".
retro-banning for past stupidity.
it was let go for so long that it became the norm

should they have been banned? Yea. Probably awhile ago. To let them act in a certain way over a significant period of time before finally saying enough is enough? It's not like they went too far this time; that mile marker has been set for awhile now. Gives the impression that the rules & guidelines are only enforced when it's convenient.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Like I said if you have questions on why I banned them, or worries about policy or enforcement you can always PM me.

As an aside: Remember that there's a "Report" button. All moderators get a chance to read and review reports and take action, and even discuss it.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Also they are notorious for being anti-Semites,

They aren't serious about it. Generally their anti-semite instance is non sequitur and revolves around conspiracy theories.

View PostFox, on 08 December 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

They aren't serious about it. Generally their anti-semite instance is non sequitur and revolves around conspiracy theories.

I think I must've exaggerated huh? Has to do w/ conspiracy theories not antisemitism?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 08 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

User is offline   Forge 

i remember the jew comments and aspy comments getting a couple people irritated, and they were asked to stop by said annoyed forum members.

(i've made a few myself, so i'm not innocent of that behavior -it's fun to push people's buttons when they start acting uppity-)

I don't remember if an admin told them to quit, or if they temporarily changed tactics because they were told they were being boring and predictable.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

User is offline   Hank 

not sure if and where to post this ...
If you are remotely interested in the CryEngine, and want to make a commercial game, you can 'win' a lifetime subscription of the engine by entering a raffle, until the 24th of this year.
http://www.crytek.com/

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

Don't know what units they measure in, but some time ago I was told my B12 level was low and they gave me tablets, I tried to explain to the doctor I eat loads of B12 rich food but he wouldn't have it. All I've done the past few days is sleep and feel very unwell - dizzy and confused. Today I got in to see a different doctor and he didn't even ask me anything, instead he took one look at the test results from before and explained that the threshold is at 200 and my level is around 75; very low. He said that by that stage tablets wouldn't work even if I could absorb the vitamin that way. I was then sent to be injected right then and there.

I've been waiting for this for quite a while, on the down side I do have to get a needle jammed in my arm regularly for the rest of my life (every week for the next month, every three months after that) but the up sides far outweigh this. My face hurts, I haven't really smiled in some time.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Sorry to hear about that man, I wish you luck. God bless :)

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHigh Treason, on 09 December 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

My face hurts,

yes. it does. please stop posting selfies.

good thing the doc caught that. Low B12 leads to all kinds of nasty ailments.

Tell them you have a needle phobia and need to have the injection done for you. Use the opportunity to check out any cuties on the medical staff.

User is offline   Fox 

The "terrorist suspects" were tortured by US agencies despite it having no effect on national security.

So GTA V was right on spot: torture is ineffective, and it's all a power play.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

After further review I've decided to unban Jimmy. Viper's posts were way out of line but I don't find that Jimmy posted anything exceptionally questionable... if guilt by association was enough of a reason to remove someone, I'd have to be removed as well because I have both of them on Facebook.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

View PostFox, on 10 December 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

The "terrorist suspects" were tortured by US agencies despite it having no effect on national security.

So GTA V was right on spot: torture is ineffective, and it's all a power play.

I always thought torture was more of a psychological tool used to make the victim crack and give into an interrogation more so than to inflict pain to gain a response.

The use of torture is highly immoral but has been used for millennia and doubtful it'll go away any time soon.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

The Force Unleashed on the Wii was originally going to display this screen but Nintendo didn't go for it:
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 10 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

User is offline   faked 

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

User is offline   Hank 

View Postgrouchbag, on 10 December 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

I won't have holidays this year, too much to do, but Merry Christmas is a mustPosted Image.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostHank, on 10 December 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Merry Christmas

That's offensive. You're offensive.

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options