Duke4.net Forums: An all female Duke mod? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An all female Duke mod?

User is offline   faked 

Has anyone ever made an all female Duke mod?Not just turning Duke into a woman,but maps too?Would be different.........

User is offline   Mark 

Since the mappers would probably be guys I can imagine how sexist, stereotypical and raunchy it would be. Still, its an interesting concept. Someone should go for it in a "professional" way.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I vote for the characters voice being clips from Peggy: http://www.soundboar...coasterdude1216

User is offline   Hank 

@ grouchbag - the closest thing would be Vixen and Vixen 2. All the enemies are female.
http://dukeworld.duk...orld/tc/vixens/
http://dukeworld.duk...rld/tc/vixens2/

User is offline   faked 

To be fair,how about the heroine and the enemies both being females?And Vixens 1&2? Have played both,and found them very good.Wish they would have had more maps,though.But to be on the truly silly side,how about Duke himself as a teenager? If I could make maps,I would.Just don't have the talent.But if anyone does ever make any thing like this,I would not want any credit.Sooooo,if anybody does,good luck to you! :)

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Duchess Nukem? :)

User is offline   faked 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 15 November 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Duchess Nukem? :)

Sure,why not?It would certainly fit. :woot:

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I think it could work if done properly.

User is offline   faked 

View Postgrouchbag, on 15 November 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Sure,why not?It would certainly fit. :)

I think so too. As l have said, l am not a mapper, but of anyone would like to do this l would not want any credit. So if you or anybody else wolud like to, you have my whole hearted approval. Have a good one, and thanks for your post.

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postgrouchbag, on 15 November 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Sure,why not?It would certainly fit. :)

Actually, on second thoughts, maybe not...

Posted Image

User is offline   Romulus 

^ That's enough internet for me today.

User is offline   faked 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 16 November 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Actually, on second thoughts, maybe not...

Posted Image

On the contrary,I think it's brilliant!This exactly what I had in mind.After all,the female heroes of most games are too skinny and sexy.It's about time there was a heroine that looked a bit more like this.I just woke up from a nap and checked this thread,and I laughed out loud.Now I'm REALLY hoping somebody or several somebodies will make this.Makes me wish I was an artist. :)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgrouchbag, on 16 November 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

After all,the female heroes of most games are too skinny and sexy.

Aren't the males in games also idealized? You can't conflate under-representation of strong females with agency with under-representation of non-idealized body types. They are both issues, but they are distinct.

The image posted above is not what a good "Duchess Nukem" protagonist would look like: it's clearly a mockery of the concept, and it makes me question the legitimacy of the grouchbag account. You would want a character more like Zoë Washburne from Firefly. She is not objectified, but she is clearly capable of kicking ass.

Posted Image

Of course, if you would still like Duke Rocks' take, then I think I know a game you would enjoy.

User is offline   faked 

I have to agree with you on that one.Still,if it is done modified a bit.....but I still think if done in good taste,an all female mod would be good.And why would you question the legitimacy of my account?If perhaps this was suggested by anyone else,would you say the same?This supposed to be in fun,not to be taken seriously.And thank you for the game suggestion,but not exactly my type.Thank you for your thought.And no,I am not being disrespectful.

For some reason this reminds me of a concept I once dreamed up called "The Adventures of Stefan Hawkwing" - a game like Duke 3D / SW, but with a wheelchair-bound protagonist. The protagonist used a voice box to talk and had a massive arsenal of weapons (given that he was in a chair, he could carry a lot more than the average guy)... I was never sure if it should be serious or a joke, part of me liked the idea of the guy getting up out of the chair and yelling whilst kicking the dead final boss, but another part of me liked the idea of the character being a little more serious; sure, he can't get up the stairs, but on the other hand if you've pissed him off you'd better hope he doesn't find a ramp or an elevator because he will seriously fuck you up, and even without that, he'll probably find a way to get to you as the chair could potentially be upgraded to ridiculous proportions (think Dr. Proton-style chair).

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHigh Treason, on 16 November 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

sure, he can't get up the stairs, but on the other hand if you've pissed him off you'd better hope he doesn't find a ramp or an elevator because he will seriously fuck you up, and even without that, he'll probably find a way to get to you as the chair could potentially be upgraded to ridiculous proportions (think Dr. Proton-style chair).

I can't find the exact clip, but in S1E6 of Doctor Who (2005), some of the characters run up some stairs and make fun of a Dalek for not being able to follow them... and then it starts flying up the stairs shouting "ELEVATE!".

User is offline   faked 

I think that sounds like an interesting .Would the wheelchair have been able to fly?That would have been cool.There are many good ideas that people have here,and very talented. :)

User is offline   Fox 

View PostHigh Treason, on 16 November 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

For some reason this reminds me of a concept I once dreamed up called "The Adventures of Stefan Hawkwing" - a game like Duke 3D / SW, but with a wheelchair-bound protagonist. The protagonist used a voice box to talk and had a massive arsenal of weapons (given that he was in a chair, he could carry a lot more than the average guy)... I was never sure if it should be serious or a joke, part of me liked the idea of the guy getting up out of the chair and yelling whilst kicking the dead final boss, but another part of me liked the idea of the character being a little more serious; sure, he can't get up the stairs, but on the other hand if you've pissed him off you'd better hope he doesn't find a ramp or an elevator because he will seriously fuck you up, and even without that, he'll probably find a way to get to you as the chair could potentially be upgraded to ridiculous proportions (think Dr. Proton-style chair).

That would make an interesting game mechanic. Going up stairs would be impossible for you, while enemies can do it.

This post has been edited by Fox: 16 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

The upgrade I had in mind would be able to negate smaller obstacles as it would allow the chair to lift off for a brief time and rise a short distance into the air before gently coming back down. I had this vision that before this was obtained, the boss would appear in the first level, taunt the player and switch the ramp they were at the top of into a stairway leaving Hawkwing looking rather mad at the bottom of the stairs. Unfortunately I lack the resources to make such a thing, primarily in the art department. Instead I moved onto other things, notably a rather horrible project titled "The Voyeur" that was intended to offend everyone that played it but had to drop it when I couldn't get Build to run through a bunch of images (appearing as video)mwithout crashing after several thousand had been seen... I do not wish to discuss the mechanics of that one here.

As for female Duke, it occurred to me that somebody was working on something at some point, not sure who it was, but they were attempting to replace Duke with a female character maybe two or three years back. The concept is interesting and I'm certainly going to try out that Vixens TC.

@Hendricks420; The ninth doctor is my favorite, plus Billie Piper was on the show back then so I know that episode quite well.
"The great space dustbin! How does it feel Dalek!?" - The ninth doctor was badass, but I think his best moment was;
Spoiler

• "Dick Nasty"

Maybe this can at least partially make up for the eyesore I unleashed earlier? :)

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

That image is on the other end of the spectrum. Sexualized, and she doesn't look like she could even lift the Devastator.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

Is Duke as overly-built and dehydrated as competing bodybuilders? I think not.

This isn't a difficult concept.

• "Dick Nasty"

Gee, tough crowd. How about this:

:)

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Is Duke as overly-built and dehydrated as competing bodybuilders? I think not.

This isn't a difficult concept.

And I am not sure if it looks like she could even lift the Devastator

Posted Image

User is offline   faked 

Attached Image: dream.jpg

User is offline   Hank 

View Postgrouchbag, on 16 November 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

On the contrary,I think it's brilliant!This exactly what I had in mind. cut ...

And who would want to play her?

Alternate
Daisy Nukem, if you will, would likely be completely different than her male counterpart. While the stereotypical male wants to get right into the action and kick some ass, the stereotypical female might have a stable of beefcakes do her fighting for her, until they all get wiped out and she has to step in to take care of business. She'd probably also find a way to be president of the world or something. Any other ideas?
quoted from this article
http://www.escapistm...Duke-Nukem-Game

Attached Image: character_woman_girl.jpg
A possible female Duke.

User is offline   Besli 

I just had These pics:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: lduke.png
  • Attached Image: Unbenannt.png
  • Attached Image: Unbenannt2.png

User is offline   Rellik 

View PostBesli, on 17 November 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

I just had These pics:

Wow, that first one I created in Poser back when I was doing the posters for the HRP. Funny that someone would hang on to it.

I called it the Lara-Duke offspring.

User is offline   faked 

I think all of the ideas with women are great.So,if anyone or several decide to make a female mod,go right ahead.I would wish luck. :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options