Duke4.net Forums: LucasArts and GOG - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LucasArts and GOG

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm not sure how many of you guys know but GOG has got some interesting games from LucasArts coming up very shortly: http://www.gog.com/f...ed_so_far/page1

The Secret of Monkey Island, Knights of the Old Republic, Tie Fighter Special Edition, X-Wing Special Edition, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Sam & Max Hit the Road have been confirmed so far. I think only 3 of these have been rereleased digitally so far and they were on Steam.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I saw this and was overwhelmed with speechlessness and joy. Some friends and I have been talking about playing TIE Fighter but to do it we would have had to find a way to emulate Win98 or something.

This post has been edited by The Real Slim Flibble: 27 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Sooooo happy. Apparently this was in the works since before the Disney buyout, but came to a standstill after the fact. Good to see that Disney has a brain and is releasing these old gems! Particularly X-Wing and Tie Fighter! I have them both already, but still it's an awesome thing. I'm thinking the "Special Editions" for those two are merely the CD Collector editions (of which I have both), but I suppose we'll find out.

User is offline   Malgon 

Hopefully Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, the remaining Monkey Island series and Day of the Tentacle (so I can finally play it!) are part of the catalogue of titles to be released as well. Great news so far though!

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMalgon, on 27 October 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

Hopefully Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, the remaining Monkey Island series and Day of the Tentacle (so I can finally play it!) are part of the catalogue of titles to be released as well. Great news so far though!

Grim Fandango is being remastered by Double Fine so it probably won't show up here just yet.

User is offline   Malgon 

I did hear about that actually, so you're probably right in it not turning up just yet.

Edit: Hah, just had a look and it's the most requested game ever on GOG! People are dying to get it! :)

This post has been edited by Malgon: 27 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

It's apparently the highest rated adventure game by the majority of adventure gamers. I don't see what's so special about it. But then I've barely played it. I was just so turned off by the atmosphere and art style. Really need to give it a chance. I own it, I just haven't played it. Don't get me wrong, I love Tim Schafer's early games (I think Broken Age is terrible as an adventure game, but has an interesting story, which is what Tim does best). Personally, though, I think there are better adventure games than Grim Fandango. But that's coming from an avid Sierra fan.....who hasn't yet played Grim Fandango. I guess that's an unfair conclusion to draw, but...well I don't care. If I ever get around to playing GF I might change my mind, I suppose. But I doubt it. I generally didn't prefer LucasArts' style of adventure, though I did appreciate and enjoy it. I loved LA's games, but I always thought Sierra's were better.

User is offline   Lunick 

I just want Outlaws :)

• The Sarien Encounter

I managed to find that in a jewel case once. :)

User is offline   Lunick 

I have it boxed but if it managed to get rereleased digitally then they will fix it up for modern operating systems :)

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I'd love for Outlaws and Dark Forces to be on GOG! These other titles are great too!

• The Sarien Encounter

What's wrong with Dark Forces on Steam? It uses DOSBox so you can rip it right out without Steam being involved.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 October 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

What's wrong with Dark Forces on Steam? It uses DOSBox so you can rip it right out without Steam being involved.

The problem I have w/ the Steam version of Dark Forces is that you can't change the control/keymapping settings on steam. So you'll have to rip the folder into another folder that has the DOSGames. Run the setup to change the controller keys, save and put the folder back.

Anyways I would also like to see Dark Forces and Full Throttle on GOG.com

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 28 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

I'd love to own Outlaws digitally so i can just boot it up without hassling with the config and cd's to play it.
I finished it a few years ago on the original disks and still have to find a wild west shooter done so well as Outlaws.
I like Red dead redemption and call of Juarez, but not as much as Outlaws.
I hope it will be released on GOG, so i can hear "where are you, marshall" again.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 28 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 28 October 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

The problem I have w/ the Steam version of Dark Forces is that you can't change the control/keymapping settings on steam. So you'll have to rip the folder into another folder that has the DOSGames. Run the setup to change the controller keys, save and put the folder back

I changed some of the control functions with Dosbox' key mapper (Ctrl+F1) and use a utility called GlovePIE to assign my right mouse button to secondary fire.
The only issue I currently have with DF is the low resolution it uses (320x200), which means it looks rather pixelated and slightly vertically stretched at 4:3.
Hopefully lucius will be able to direct his attention towards DarkXL in the not too distant future.

This post has been edited by X-Vector: 28 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options