Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem For3ver *PART 2* (Mini-mod) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem For3ver *PART 2* (Mini-mod)

User is offline   StarNukem 

SCZ Here, and today, I have the sequel to Duke Nukem For3ver 1, and I bring to you Part 2! Here is the story:

***STORY***
-The Aliens are back, and as cliche as it may sound, they are trying to take over the MOON! Our hero, Duke Nukem, must once again save the abandon Polaris Outpost station from the alien hordes and abort their whole f***ing species!

Like the first map, there are 2 different versions. They differ slightly but nothing too severe. If there is a glitch or problem, please let me know and I will have an updated version released soon. Here are the Steam and Eduke32 versions:

Steam: Click Here to View on Steam!

Eduke32: Click Here to Download for Eduke32!

Thanks guys, and I hope you enjoy!

User is offline   MetHy 

This was pretty good overall, MUCH better than the previous one.

I found using submerged water for moonwalking really weird. I remember a map using submerged water to fake flying around in space (in the outskirt of a spacestation), and I thought that worked pretty well; but it doesn't really fit for moonwalking, and instead of having moon physics we're just flying around on the moon with water physics. BTW there is a sector in the middle of the first small moon part that's not tagged as water so it makes the player fall down. Plus, since you're using a custom folder anyway with tons of files why not trying to make moon physics with con? (I don't know how feasable that would be with Megaton-compatible con coding though)

Also I didn't really like the room made out of sprites in the garage (where you pick up the red key). It's a bit glitched, aliens glitch out of the door and can shoot at you and even be shot at and go through the door. Also, the ceiling being made of a single sprite makes it look very flat.

I also thought that health balancing could be a bit better, there is a little lack of health at the start (played on skill3) until I found the medipack.

Overall pretty good, I enjoyed it.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 26 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

User is offline   StarNukem 

View PostMetHy, on 26 October 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

This was pretty good overall, MUCH better than the previous one........

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I did not forget the lotag of 2 in the bridge sectors. The sprites somehow give you gravity even underwater, so I went and added a thing in the garage that says "PROTOTYPE: GRAVITY DISK" and if you look underneath the bridge, there is a "gravity disk" allowing you to walk on the bridge but float on the moon. Also, I am not good with CON scripting so I could not just simply "modify the con" so I did something easier and a bit different: Absolute 0 gravity on the moon. It's an interesting concept, not flawless, but different and it allows for easy Megaton access. Pretty much summing it up, I'm glad you liked it

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you give the sprites an xvel of 1, then they will not display that glitchy behavior underwater in eduke32.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options