Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Frederik, if you can read this could you be so kind and upload this picture so we can use it as a wallpaper ? *-*

User is offline   Lunick 

I think they are saving it for the launch :)

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostPikaCommando, on 09 October 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Is that Caleb on the far left?

Well 3DRealms were the ones who started making Blood at the very beginning so it makes some sense to see it there.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by MetHy: 10 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostLunick, on 10 October 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

I think they are saving it for the launch :)

Yeah I thought so sadly ... Well atleast it looks fucking amazing, can't wait to get my hands on that thing :)

By the way, although this has nothing to do with 3DR, do you guys know what happened to Ritual Entertainment and SiN? Is it stuck in the same state as Blood right now?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostPikaCommando, on 20 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

By the way, although this has nothing to do with 3DR, do you guys know what happened to Ritual Entertainment and SiN? Is it stuck in the same state as Blood right now?

The last I've seen, they released SiN on GoG last June or July; hopefully signalling a return.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostPikaCommando, on 20 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

We often talk with Robert Atkins (CEO/Founder, Ritual), who also worked at 3D Realms before founding Ritual, and we have a great relationship with him, Richard Gray (Levelord), etc.
The Ritual crew are very close to us, and made some incredible games.

Here's a photo from earlier this year, when Mike and I visited Robert Atkins and Scott Miller in Dallas.
(Pictured: Scott Miller, Andrew Hulshult, Mike Nielsen, Robert Atkins).

Posted Image

Currently, SiN and the Ritual IP's reside with MumboJumbo, which Robert is pretty close with.
Let's see what happens! :)

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 14 January 2023 - 09:02 PM
Reason for edit: revived image

http://en.wikipedia....ms#As_3D_Realms

Big things happening. Look under: Publisher/producer/licensor. It has been updated with 3D Realms anthology etc. :)

User is offline   Tekedon 

Check out www.3drealms.com :) It's happening soon now.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Site is up now! :) .. But no sign of any alphas yet.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 23 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

User is offline   K100 

"Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep track of our weekly updates, including legacy alpha releases, news stories, interviews, game reveals and much, much more. "

https://www.3drealms...realms-is-back/

It's happening.

So basically 3D Realms is now Interceptor Entertainment merged with former 3D Realms employee? Say, I wonder what Broussard's up to these days.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 23 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

User is offline   Besli 

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Besli: 23 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBesli, on 23 October 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

I can't find the exact link at the moment but 3dr_anthology_wallpapers.zip goes up to 5120x3414.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 23 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

No sign of Major Stryker - unless he's meant to be the blonde guy next to Captain Keen.
I recognize all the rest well enough.

Edit: I was about to joke that there was no reference to Balls Of Steel... Then my eyes drifted towards the bottom of the screen near the dead lizard corpse. Well played, Interceptor. :)

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 23 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostComrade Major, on 23 October 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

No sign of Major Stryker - unless he's meant to be the blonde guy next to Captain Keen.

Did you miss the green ship on the left?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHendricks266, on 23 October 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Did you miss the green ship on the left?

Yeah, you're right. The blonde guy at the top of the heap is 006.

I thought that guy was Fresch.

User is offline   Besli 

View PostHendricks266, on 23 October 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I can't find the exact link at the moment but 3dr_anthology_wallpapers.zip goes up to 5120x3414.

Wow, thank you very much for sharing this! (Big thanks also to Frederik Schreiber!)

It feels like I'm in heaven :3 Thank you very much guys and especially Fresch. You did a great job with this website.

User is offline   Ahcruna 

Just woke up and saw all of this.

I'm freaking out! it's finally done. Also that's a huge chunk of my childhood in one image! :)

new wallpaper.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Posted Image

Only the Coolies can save you now, Duke.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTerminX, on 28 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

whi cant haz batas no TX? W deserved more batas.

So I just finished SiN Episodes: Emergence, the helicopter boss battle at the end reminded me of how lameduke was supposed to have a heli boss on top of a tower too.

Say, anyone knows the email to the writer of SiN? Since the chances of a revival is slimmer than Blood getting reacquired, might as well email the writer for answers to unanswered questions (for example; if Elexis is so obsessed with mutants, why don't she become one herself?).

Oh yeah, after watching the old Prey trailers, I really wanted to play it too. How's the 2005 final game? Are there any words from TX and Hendricks on Prey beta?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 31 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

When pulling the Duke 3D/Shadow Warrior code together, there were all sorts of unrelated things scattered around. Notes to selves about errands, code from some other project completely unrelated that wasn't able to be released, etc. I had to go through every file and make sure everything going into the package was relevant to the games. And that was for a pretty small depot compared to what I imagine they are dealing with.

This post has been edited by Wieder: 31 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Is this version in the archives? Or is this the one TX said was so close to the final that it can't be released freely?

This post has been edited by gerolf: 31 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Wasn't it about Serious Sam?

If it's Serious Sam then I'm your man. He got that by somehow asking one of the Russian holders' friend. By the way, do you guys know that Serious Sam Origins will be the first full-fledged beta reconstruction? (mainly because Croteam still had some of those files)

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 31 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postgerolf, on 31 October 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Is this version in the archives? Or is this the one TX said was so close to the final that it can't be released freely?

That one is one of the shareware betas released to the Apogee Beta Conference on Software Creations BBS back in the day. While I don't think we have the exact package of stuff released to those testers, we do have the components of that build, yes. It's something I'd be looking into releasing but not as part of the first package of interesting things.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options