Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Purge of Pallet Town - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Purge of Pallet Town  "Nobody said being a master was easy..."

User is offline   StarNukem 

This is a map that I made when I was bored. It's not super duper extraordinarily amazing times the square root of pie good, but it's a little thing that a lot of players will recognize and have fun playing. It's not a long mission, it's short and sweet. :) Hope you enjoy.

Click here for Eduke32 Version

Click here for Steam Version

Description:

This is a map that I made when I was bored and I thought it would make a nice DM/Coop/SP map so I decided to go for it!

---Storyline---

Duke Nukem, a man who has been kicking alien ♥♥♥ for over 20 years, is back again but this time, he isn't in a war-torn Los Angeles or a huge tower inspired by Die Hard, he has moved to Pallet Town.

"I guess this is as fruity as it gets..." Uttered Duke.

Duke had received a call earlier that day from Ash Ketchum and he sounded like he was in trouble!

Ash: Is this Duke Nukem?
Duke: Yeah, who is this?
Ash: I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town! I heard you were the very best like no one ever was! Is that true?
Duke: Depends kid, I'm not that good of a babysitter...
Ash: No no no! You don't understand! My home town of Pallet is under attack by these alien things! We need your help! You're our last hope!
Duke: Are you f***ing kidding me! Pokemon?! Christ kid, can't you send your Pikachu or something after them, I'm busy with some needed R&R!
Ash: Th... They killed Pikachu...
Duke: HA! I knew that thing was going to die eventually!
Ash: PLEASE MR. NUKEM!!! YOU HAVE TO SA....crkk..grckkk..............
Duke: Oh s***, this kid is in trouble.. Still think it's funny his Pikachu died but damnit I gotta help this kid!

So Duke went on his journey to Pallet Town and sure enough, the aliens were there waiting! Duke isn't going to let those aliens stop him on his killing spree! So, what are you waiting for dude? Gotta Kill 'em All!!!

Map: pallettown.map
Map by: StarCraftZerg
Inspired by: Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Pallet Town
Music: Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver Champion Lance/Trainer Red Theme

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 14 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Its as you described. A short but fun little map.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

pretty simple little map. some of the fire fights were a bit challenging (mostly due to the amount of enemies cramped into the medium sized rooms), but not really unfair.

using the 'effect-less'' teleporter (by giving the SE's a pallete value) would have been better and made the transitions more seemless

View PostForge, on 14 September 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

pretty simple little map. some of the fire fights were a bit challenging (mostly due to the amount of enemies cramped into the medium sized rooms), but not really unfair.

using the 'effect-less'' teleporter (by giving the SE's a pallete value) would have been better and made the transitions more seemless

Yeah I was debating whether or not to make the teleporters that way, but I ultimately said "nah!" Because I wanted the player to feel like he was actually going into a different sector with the sound effect. Plus, it helps in DM when someone is going in or out of the house lol!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

makes sense from that perspective. leave the steam version that way, but maybe make the eduke version with silent teleporters since there's no need to track sounds or visuals in multiplayer.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Nice map. I died twcie Posted Image

And screenshots again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

View PostArtem Nevinchany, on 14 September 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Nice map. I died twice...

(Screenshots and stuff)

Thanks again for uploading screenshots man. Glad you liked the map too :)

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 14 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Np, dude. Looking forward for your next works! Posted Image

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   ck3D 

cool concept for a duke map, wish the gameplay could have been more subtle but when you are to work with such a basic, straightforward layout (not a bad thing per se) i guess the bloodbath-type is all you can resort to. now, i can be a fan of heavy firefights myself, but a few of the ones in this were plain overkill. that miniboss straight up in your face as you teleport into prof. oak's lab... quite a bad move when you are on 17% health already. had to save / reload a few times at that point. the silent teleporter freezes the player for half a second just then too.

maybe a wider range of guns and enemies would have added some diversity ?

also the design had some pretty cool twists to it but could have benefitted from better shading (it looked like everything in the map had the same shade value). decorative elements were rather nicely thrown in, but the lack of shading and the misaligned textures (especially indoors) ruined the effect for me...

fun little map though. thanks for sharing

This post has been edited by ck3D: 18 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello and thanks for the release.

A really short map (a bit more than 4 minutes but lots of retry :)). For me it was a real nightmare in CGS : lots of enemies, the spawn a few inches of you, nowhere to hide, a few ammo for rocket launcher,...

Perhaps it's a good one in deathmatch but I have found no interest in single player, sorry to say that.

The design is clean, shading correct and the music surprisingly appropriate. Some references to Pokemon, all right but I think the idea could have been more explored. The teleporter idea to go in and out (and upstairs) is nice. I don't know if it's possible to do this, but not forcing the orientation of the player could be nice. Another remark : I haven't be able to get on roofs, is it possible ?

Bye and thanks again,
DotK3D

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 01 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options