Duke4.net Forums: Legend of Seven Paladins 3D Cheats - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legend of Seven Paladins 3D Cheats

User is offline   Frenkel 

I found the cheat codes of Legend of Seven Paladins 3D. I know of three versions of this game and the cheats are different in every one of them. Use these cheats in the game world levels; they won't do anything in the intro level.

The demo version has a creation date of 22-Sep-1994. Hold down Num Lock while typing HOT for invincibility and all weapons.

The full version has a creation date of 26-Sep-1994. Hold down Num Lock while typing KUO for invincibility and all weapons.
Press Caps Lock + Home + R + U + N to lose all ammunition of the current weapon.
Press Caps Lock + Num Lock + F11 + F12 to show the map of the current level. Press these keys again to return to the game.
Press ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + A, ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + B or ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + C to warp to another level.

The updated full version has a creation date of 1-Nov-1994. Hold down Num Lock while typing KUO for invincibility and all weapons.
Press Caps Lock + Home + R + U + N to lose all ammunition of the current weapon.
Press ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + A, ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + B or ~ + right Alt + right Ctrl + C to warp to another level.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Great, thanks for such thorough research! I fancy you have already submitted this information to be added to the hints section of the MobyGames entry for the game?

Yes I have. I even have put them on this site: http://sfprod.shikad...games/lotsp.htm

This post has been edited by Frenkel: 27 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

I'm curious what method you employed to figure that out.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I do remember I were read the cheat code for this game on our local game magazines, but I didn't write it down and those magazines were not mine... :)

Maybe reverse-engineering the main execution file(not 75.exe, the LAART000.DAT is the main one), I guess the information of keycode for cheats in the that one but I didn't have skills to analyze it...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 28 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I only know that the guy who figured out all cheat codes for Powerslave had to decrypt them as the cheat code strings in the executable were masked with a certain encryption method.

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

I'm curious too how you got those cheats?

I use UNP to decompress executables. In this case, none of the executables (75m.exe, 75main.exe, 75t.exe in the demo and 75.exe, laart000.dat, ltart000.dat in both full versions) are compressed, so this step wasn't necessary.

Next I run a program that I wrote that looks inside executables for words. That's how I found cheats in Monty Python's Flying Circus and The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants. In this case it found nothing.

Then I use TexView to "poke around binary files looking for interesting strings." In this case I found the string "capturxx.pcx" so I guessed it's possible to make screen shots in this game.

After that I use IDA Pro Freeware to disassemble executables and to find out when a certain piece of code is executed. Like when the file "capturxx.pcx" is created.
I use version 4.1 to disassemble executables. I think it handles DOS executables better than later versions, but I hate it's text-based user interface, so I use version 5.0 and its graphical user interface to process the output of version 4.1.

I found out a screen shot is created when a certain key is pressed. With the aid of DOSBox debugger I discovered that pressing F12 writes screen shots to captur00.pcx, captur01.pcx et cetera, but not in all versions of the game.

When I knew that, it wasn't hard to see what other keys could be pressed and what pressing them results to.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options