Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

Ummm..... TerminX got that Duke 3D beta by going through George or Scott via Facebook or something like that? If i remember correctly.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Hey, I know... let's read the thread instead of making misinformed posts in it!

Spoiler

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

12 of 13 password-protected zips have fallen so far. However, Fred sent us more stuff, and with it, more zips with passwords!

Round 1: Duke4 wins. Flawless victory.

Round 2. Fight.

View PostMikko Pekkola, on 21 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ummm..... TerminX got that Duke 3D beta by going through George or Scott via Facebook or something like that? If i remember correctly.

You get an F for reading comprehension. :)

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 16 April 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hendricks, we have that CD. [...]

I'll share it with you later today, so you guys can have a go at it.

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 17 April 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

More to come!
The other betas are still uploading. :)

TerminX and Hendricks are currently working on getting them to run.
Great job so far! :D

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

12 of 13 password-protected zips have fallen so far. However, Fred sent us more stuff, and with it, more zips with passwords!

Awesome progress! :)

Have you found anything related to the cancelled DNF sidescroller yet? (I'm kind of interested in that game due to the positive impressions of Alien Rampage.)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Alien Rampage

*internet high-five*

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Awesome progress! :)

Have you found anything related to the cancelled DNF sidescroller yet? (I'm kind of interested in that game due to the positive impressions of Alien Rampage.)

If we had, we couldn't talk about it. Sorry MrFibble :)

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 21 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostForge, on 21 April 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

i'm not familiar enough with wanton destruction or twin dragon to judge their quality

Wanton Destruction is great. It's just as good if not better than SW. Twin Dragon is worth playing if you want some more SW action.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDaedolon, on 21 April 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

*internet high-five*

So like...would that be a....'Wi-Five'?

B)

User is offline   Frenkel 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

These passwords, are they just random numbers and letters or are they words spelled backwards or something else?

• el fundador

We don't know; the zips were cracked using a method that doesn't reveal the passwords but instead relies on compressing a text string known to be inside one of the files in the zip with the same compression method used (apparently).

View PostTerminX, on 21 April 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

We don't know; the zips were cracked using a method that doesn't reveal the passwords but instead relies on compressing a text string known to be inside one of the files in the zip with the same compression method used (apparently).

It does reveal the password after it finds it, it'd need it in order to actually open it.

This post has been edited by torridGristle: 21 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

How funny it would be if you spent ages doing this and later learned that all the archives had the exact same password.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I know most people are more interested in the prototypes, but my persona interest is getting a look at all those raw model files. Has anyone had a chance to peak inside the ".max" files and see what is in there? That really does strike me as odd, given that all those models were reportedly/supposedly/apparently rendered with Animation Master. Is there a connection between the two programs that i'm not aware of, or were the models exported/modeled in from AM and moved over to 3DS Max?

Also, by the looks of things I wonder if the proto-Fat Commander was intended to have a color palette swap ala the liz trooper?

I suspect Animation Master was only used for cut-scenes, those models look much different to the ones used in game. Though I seem to remember hearing the in game sprites were from physical models and not digital ones... Who knows? I sure as hell don't.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

They used physical models for Blood, not Duke3D.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Hey Frederik, do you have the artwork of the background nuke without the top and bottom cropped like in XBLA and Megaton?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 21 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

I am really interested in old version of Duke3D. Thanks you Frederik and Interceptor. Just question: is possible to get some of newer betas like (0.80, 0.99) for legal and for free? I posted you a PM but maybe you was too busy to reply.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Please read the thread.

• el fundador

View PosttorridGristle, on 21 April 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

It does reveal the password after it finds it, it'd need it in order to actually open it.

Nope...

If you do not specify the -d option, pkcrack will try to find a PkZip-password when it has found a set of keys. If it finds a password, you can use it to decrypt the archive with the pkunzip-program. If it doesn't, you can use the set of keys found by pkcrack with the zipdecrypt program contained in this package to decrypt the archive.

Emphasis mine. Hendricks266 did not bother with obtaining the passwords because we only need the contents of the archive.

Ok. i knew this is only material but i just ask it is possible to release some of them because i seen some youtube videos that played these old versions. Thanks your all replies people B)

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 21 April 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Ok. i knew this is only material but i just ask it is possible to release some of them because i seen some youtube videos that played these old versions. Thanks your all replies people B)

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 17 April 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

We can't wait to share more with you guys.
These things belong with the fans B)

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 21 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Don't talk out your ass. Cock Overlord is displeased.

Posted Image

View PostFrenkel, on 21 April 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

These passwords, are they just random numbers and letters or are they words spelled backwards or something else?

View PostTerminX, on 21 April 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Note that it's not a text string, "plaintext" refers to any unencrypted data (as opposed to "ciphertext").

I started with the pkcrack method to some success, but some of the archives were eluding me finding plaintext that 1) was in the archive 2) could be compressed in the same way.

ex 1: DOS exes frequently contain long strings of zeroes. I tried a broad attack with 13 bytes of zeros (the minimum size possible) but it turns out that PKZIP always used a specific compression method, regardless of the parameter I passed it, that didn't match the target zip.
ex 2: One archive had really early source code (.C files) with header files (.H) loose. I tried running an attack using the longest function name as a plaintext, but PKZIP would only zip it as "Store" (no compression).

I then tried normal bruteforcing. Running 7-character all lowercase letters and some dictionaries quickly took out a couple more. Stuff like "jello" (anyone remember what else uses that? B)), "twisted", and "cowboy".

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Uh... no it doesn't. <?> Most commercial software doesn't use or need original passwords in cracking archives or other types of encrypted files. First it isn't necessary and I prefer it anyway because then the original passwords aren't revealed... like when someone forgets an Excel Spreadsheet password for instance. I can recover it for them and never know their password.

What type of passworded data and software have you used that worked this way? Just curious.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 21 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

OMFG. Hahahaha! Nice to see other angles of that badboy other than the one on some of the old boxarts.

Those finger twitches... Bahhahaa...! Posted Image

View PostTerminX, on 21 April 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Nope...

Emphasis mine. Hendricks266 did not bother with obtaining the passwords because we only need the contents of the archive.

Oh okay.

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

Haha B) , Funny to see him in action!
Spoiler

Mommy, what is that frog man doing with his crotch?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The most disturbing part are the Dr. Mengele Child Molester gloves he has on.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Since they can't share anything DNF related, here are a few screenshots I've found. I think I've posted some of these here on the forums somewhere before, but here they are again for anyone who missed them. I found these on Dirk Jones' Facebook page:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Land of the Babes:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 21 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

• Weaponized Autism

If you could NUKEMDAVE, always copy FB-hosted images to Imgur. 1) The URL of a Facebook image can be traced back to the uploading user (and potentially deleted). 2) Privacy enforcing browser extensions like Ghostery and Disconnect will prevent Facebook images from loading in the page.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options