Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem : The Series Discussion Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem : The Series Discussion Thread  "It's finally here."

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Micky C, on 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Best episode yet! I loved the new one-liners, the action, the music and sound effects, the editing, and the story (in hindsight I might as well have said everything). It even had suspense! The bacon landing everywhere was especially funny.

This better not mean it's getting cancelled Posted Image

I can tell you that's not gonna happen but there may be a longer than expected delay for the next episode. That would be on my end due to my living status. Once I have found my own place to live, (which I hope will be soon) then I'd be able to work with Steven in a more productive manor. In a nutshell, that's basicly the status update right now.
BTW, thanks for the awesome comments too!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 10 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   Hank 

^ I think it is very much worth any extra wait Posted Image

It's a very good concept from you two, to begin with. All the best. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 10 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hank, on 10 April 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

^ I think it is very much worth any extra wait Posted Image

It's a very good concept from you two, to begin with. All the best. Posted Image

Ah, that's nice of you to say, Hank. And btw, it's nearly 1,000 views on youtube in just the first week! Now that's cool!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

We felt something a little more special was needed for the update on the series status. Much better than a typical vlog wouldn't you say?

I'd like to thank Yatta, and the Duke4.net staff once again for giving us the support they have, and all you guys out there who tune in to watch the episodes when they go up. We hope that the return of the series will be very enjoyable. <_<

Gotta love that view through Duke's shades, awesome effect! Well done Commando!

We just receved our first fan art on our Facebook page submitted by Scott Searle. Thank you Scott!
Posted Image

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 10 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

• Judge Mental

Duke Nukem The Series is still suffering a bit of a lull, however I thought there were a couple of videos worth posting here:

An interview with Vinny "VinsaneOne" Stagnitta by John Rumble:

A tribute video created by John Rumble for Duke Nukem The Series:

Check out more videos on TheRumbleRoseNetwork. He's got quite a few entertaining ones.
http://www.youtube.c...mbleRoseNetwork

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 16 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I sure hope the Series gets back on track soon :( I like watching this series about as much as I like watching Big Bang Theory or The Walking Dead :(

• Judge Mental

Wesker500, on 17 June 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I sure hope the Series gets back on track soon :( I like watching this series about as much as I like watching Big Bang Theory or The Walking Dead :(

Well that means a lot Wesker, ha ha! And as soon as Vinny gets himself in a place we'll be talking about the next episode and going from there. I'm also working on another project related to this somewhat, as you know, which I think fans will really enjoy.

I think everyone will enjoy it on some level, actually. Not just fans, but the originators of the character also. Posted Image

Miss me? "I'll be back!"

User is offline   Loke 

About friggin' time! :(

• Judge Mental

This may reek of necroposting, but I wanted to let everyone know that Duke Nukem The Series was able to finally get Season 2 started in release.

I present to you, All Outta Gum. Our fourth full episode.

There are two "Mini Nukes" which will also be released within the coming months. Hopefully, by then, Vinny and I will be able to produce more episodes.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 29 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Obviously very cool stuff. It starts off pretty slow but really picks up half way through.

It was hard to understand the aliens at times though.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Micky C: 30 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

User is offline   Komenja 

I love it! Awesome stuff as usual.

User is offline   -Rhetro- 

great news that we are getting more of these!

Micky C, on 30 March 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Obviously very cool stuff. It starts off pretty slow but really picks up half way through.

It was hard to understand the aliens at times though.

Spoiler

But she did get Duke's phone number.......

Komenja, on 31 March 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

I love it! Awesome stuff as usual.
Thanks so much!

-Rhetro-, on 01 April 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

great news that we are getting more of these!

Lots more coming!

• Judge Mental

MiniNukes Episode 01 'Atomic Beans'

Duke receives a package from a fan.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 25 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Oh come on, he had to say "Ahh, MUCH better" after that one!!!

User is offline   Player Lin 

Is Duke playing CS:GO?

• Judge Mental

Yep!

I was going to dial up the irony to a thousand, but I don't have any of the COD games. Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Halo demo Posted Image

• Judge Mental

Working on the beginning of the upcoming episodes for Duke Nukem The Series. Current episode is actually going to be a multi-part prequel story retelling the events of the original game with my own take. One scene will take place at "KTIT San Francisco" with a special guest cameo. This will be a much more ambitious endeavour in terms of custom levels and content. Not to mention more voice actors. (ChadVoiceOverGuy as Graves, myself as Proton. Others.)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I stripped out the KTIT building from episode three of the game, took out all the shading, and am rebuilding the location around the building based on shots from San Francisco. The interior will also get a bit of a revamp.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 15 May 2014 - 01:35 AM

User is offline   FTW23065 

Sweet! great to see it coming back.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Looking forward to the next episode :)

• Honored Donor

Besides the lack of shading, those areas look pretty nice, but I imagine you're going to use polymer lighting like with your other videos which is good.

Perhaps to get the best look out of the exterior, you'd want to make it night time, and have several polymer street lights and other lights?

• Judge Mental

Quite right, there will be Polymer, and a lot more sprite work for scenery/character on the street.(The interior lighting for KTIT will be much more atmospheric and contrast with the exteriors quite nicely.) Even a few custom actors with some movement. Like actual in-map car sprites and stuff.

The day time is a conscious choice on this one, as the initial events all take place in the afternoon, during the summer time, in and around the beaches of San Francisco.(Borrowing some of the stuff from Duke Caribbean again) It's partially there to help contrast what comes later. The story will move later into the evening/night when Duke is sent in to take care of business under cover of darkness. Posted Image

If you look at the E1 backdrop for Duke Nukem 1 you can see where i've taken some vague inspiration from.

Posted Image

Working with some early interior polymer lighting for the radio studio. Posted Image

Posted Image

Building up more of San Francisco:

Posted Image

Geography is no doubt a little exaggerated and wrong, but we have Golden Gate bridge, with Alcatraz in the BG. A cute little boat riding by in the foreground, which I want to hook up to a train path so it can putter on by. Posted Image

Posted Image

Another shot of the bridge, this time from a beach. Playing with forced perspective and some visual trickery.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 15 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

User is offline   FTW23065 

Updates?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options