Duke4.net Forums: Swing Doors - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Swing Doors

User is offline   Flesh420 

Ok. I've followed the tuts to a tee, looked over various maps etc. I've done everything right, but for some reason when my doors open one of them opens but goes back more than it should, and the other opens like it should. When I go to close them they get all weird and don't stop in their original positions. Can anyone help me? It's very frustrating because I don't seem to do anything wrong, even deleting and remaking the doors conjures the same result. Also, they both have high tags so they open together, but the result just isn't like it should be.

This post has been edited by Flesh420: 07 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Could you post a close up 2D pic of the area in Mapster

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostMark., on 07 March 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Could you post a close up 2D pic of the area in Mapster

Thanks. Let me know if it's too blurry. I can also send you the map if need be. I just can't figure it out.

http://postimg.org/image/vzj59w8bl/

This post has been edited by Flesh420: 07 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostFlesh420, on 07 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Thanks. Let me know if it's too blurry. I can also send you the map if need be. I just can't figure it out.

http://postimg.org/image/vzj59w8bl/

I fixed it. For some reason the speed sprite was messing it up.

User is offline   Mark 

That was going to be the first thing I looked at in the pic. Glad you figured it out.
to work best, speed numbers should be 16, 32, 64, 128 etc.. from what I remember reading

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

yea that was it. Thanks for the info!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 07 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

That was going to be the first thing I looked at in the pic. Glad you figured it out.
to work best, speed numbers should be 16, 32, 64, 128 etc.. from what I remember reading

You're getting slow Mark, you should have pointed out the speed sprites before even considering asking for the pic :blink:

I can't remember whether the speed thing is mentioned or not in the infosuite (and if it's in an obvious place), but if not then it should be made more accessible.

User is offline   Stabs 

be rather interesting if they could make odd numbers 17, 33, 65, 129 have acceleration / decel on the door, not open like a robot

This post has been edited by DanM: 08 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDanM, on 08 March 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

be rather interesting if they could make odd numbers 17, 33, 65, 129 have acceleration / decel on the door, not open like a robot

We don't have plans to alter the original game and sector effects except for critical bugfixes (e.g. safety checks) or to work around problems with the original behavior (e.g. allow unbreakable mirrors). An interesting project though is to write a general and configurable system for sector movement using the scripting capabilities. Swinging doors that are more physically credible would be something I'd like to see, too.

User is offline   Stabs 

ahh but if somone has already used those numbers then it would just fix a bug and make something work nicer, it really would kill 2 birds with one stone, and not many people would have even used odd numbers knowing that they are buggy by default

User is offline   Mark 

I don't remember who it was but they mentioned looking into accel / decel door code for their mod.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 08 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That might have been M120 for his Blood TC?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options