Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction  "All Out Of Gum aka Gearbox foils Interceptor's plan again"

User is offline   Malgon 

Seriously? What the fuck is going on with this IP?

User is online   Lunick 

If you ask me, the new "update" to the site would have gone live at the end of the counter if that article wasn't released since Interceptor know about the lawsuit according to that Facebook comment. I don't think it is a "hoax" either.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Going all fanny boy here, but I couldn't help but notice:
Posted Image

WTF does P have to do with a Emergency Broadcast?

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 23 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

User is online   Lunick 

So what does a P on a triangle sign stand for then? Must be something Kyrr related I guess...

This post has been edited by Lunick: 23 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

The P...... Must be for Pitchford, he must of caught on to all of the jokes i made about him in this thread.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 23 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Fred was in the thread while it was filled with shit posters too.

User is online   Lunick 

Maybe it is P for Poop then? Or Pissed Off? :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

P for poop? BRILLIANT. They are acknowledging the fact that they ripped off the plot from Dookie Nukem.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

It had to be done.....

User is offline   DaveyDoomsday 

• Interceptor PR

Someone told me I had to head over here and check out this amazing thread on Duke4...

Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostDaveyDoomsday, on 23 February 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Someone told me I had to head over here and check out this amazing thread on Duke4...

Posted Image

You're a few days late.

Okay. This HAS to be a joke. I cannot believe that 3D Realms would go on and give Interceptor a go on a Duke game without holding any sort of license for Duke Nukem, other than the oldies..? This has to be a joke of some sort..

User is offline   Engel220 

Personally, I think this is about someone else getting to release what might be a good Duke game before Gearbox has had a chance. If they own the IP outright then they have the right to stop this from happening, but secretly I can't help but feel like this is a strike at outside competition getting somewhere first because Gearbox hasn't yet had their shot at reviving the Duke Nukem franchise properly.

Either shit or get off the pot, Pitchford; Borderlands 2 is soon going to be out of DLC, the crew that worked on those will possibly be without a current task at hand and it's time you either make a move on the IP with a new title or hand it over to developers with more open schedules.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 23 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

wtf is wrong with this ip..
if this is true - wow. just wow.
i mean they knew that they sold the ip. it smells fishy.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Cursed - toldya

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

To the DN & Interceptor fanny boys,
Told you so and I rest my case.

User is offline   mpuone 

View PostxMobilemux, on 23 February 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

Going all fanny boy here, but I couldn't help but notice:
Posted Image

WTF does P have to do with a Emergency Broadcast?

Emergency Broadcast System, then Emergency Action Broadcast System?

• Polymancer

Eternal Banning System

User is offline   Ronin 

This is what we will hear from here on in: "Interceptors Duke game was soooo good that Gearbox became afraid that it would over shadow their own effort, so they shut it down".

But seriously you couldn't make this shit up.

View PostxMobilemux, on 23 February 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

http://www.alloutofgum.com/

EDIT: They may be revealing it early!

Posted Image

There is a sound effect track of the development team getting their ass kicked in the background. Duke, do something!

Maybe they will turn this into a new IP?

User is offline   Ronin 

View Posthismasterplan, on 23 February 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

There is a sound effect track of the development team getting their ass kicked in the background. Duke, do something!

Pretty sure I hear a Pigcop at the end. Maybe all that noise is just the sound of Shovelware, 3DR and Interceptor, gang-raping what's left of Duke Nukem.

Shovelware: "Yeah get his legs"

3DR: "I got his arms"

Interceptor: "Hold him still, I'm goin in dry!"

This post has been edited by Ronan: 23 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

• Polymancer

View PostDaveyDoomsday, on 23 February 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, who needs tumblr when you have duke4.net. Good job guys!

Meanwhile: Anyone know what the hell is going on with this game?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 23 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

LOOOOLLLLL

Since they knew (or at least the whole world except them knew) that they couldn't release that game from the beggining,there is only 1 logic explanation I see behind this farce.
They wanted to make a new game,and thought of using the Duke name early on,just in hope to attract people's attention because Duke is an old franchise and they didn't have money to spend for marketing.
The game sounded weird and unlikely from the beggining: Duke Nukem RPG ???

They will probably say that they will switch the sprites/models of characters,and show a game that neither plays or looks to Duke anyway.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 23 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

My official statement on this matter:

Oh man why can't Duke catch a break?

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

sigh no need

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 23 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Well, ultimately the end result of this was to aggravate what little Duke Nukem fan community there is for the $LONG_INT time again.

I guess we can safely assume this project is canned. Before it even had a chance to show anything whatsoever.

Even more is that the general public doesn't give a single damn about the franchise at this point.

Although, considering DN:MD descended out of a preliminary project (Pathfinder, was it?), I guess Interceptor could just retain all the assets and everything, but merely go back to the original title and just call it an "action RPG in the spirit of the Duke Nukem games". Sure, it wouldn't actually be called a Duke Nukem game, but it'd still give people something to muck around with and it's better than no game at all.

• Polymancer

I feel sorry for the people at Interceptor who made all the Duke content.

It's not going to be that easy. They've probably done marketing material, paid people to make all the Duke stuff - this isn't a mod - artists need to eat too. Just 'changing the assets' won't be cheap - if they bother to do it.

Of course, that is if they ever did any Duke content. Cynical me says that maybe they did know it would get shut down and the whole thing was engineered from the beginning to be something else. The whole Duke angle was solely for publicity. :blink: I hope I'm not right.

Fucking cursed. Damn straight.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 23 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   Rellik 

It would nice to know what Gearbox actually has rights to. Did they buy exclusive rights to all *new* Duke content or do they only have rights to future Duke FPS titles only?

In either case, the boys over at 3DR are looking kinda stupid for not even talking to GBX in the first place before giving the go ahead on DNMD to Interceptor. That way nobodies time would have been wasted.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options