Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction  "All Out Of Gum aka Gearbox foils Interceptor's plan again"

View PostLunick, on 03 February 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

Edit: Hah https://twitter.com/...338244480221185 I knew that Twitter was something :(
Aw, the background image was removed. I was hoping the sudden resurgence of that unused Duke cover artwork would eventually lead to a release of a nice high-resolution, clean version of it.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 February 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

so.... how many NPC friends do you guys think Duke will get in the game?

Duke! You're not capable of thinking for yourself when we're not around, so we're going to graft a headset to your ear so you can hear us gab ad infinitum to you about what to do and where to go.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 February 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

so.... how many NPC friends do you guys think Duke will get in the game?

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I'm not very fond of RPG style games, if it is indeed a "spin off" i would really like a 3rd person shooter like Zero Hour. Spin off games are used to try to keep the name of a game hot and in the media instead of vanishing for many many years. So if Gearbox has indeed allowed them to do this it could mean they are also working on the next Duke, and honestly if you just think about it DNF is a good base for Duke to build off of just by adding a few small essentials the game could really be better add the medkits get keycards back make the graphics a little darker etc etc much more.

Even though i do not like RPG games i'm excited for a new Duke, and i think Interceptor has fresh yet original ideas for an old school style of game. But i guess all we can really do is wait and see and i am tired of waiting for Duke. Stupid COD fans get spoiled with game after game i wan't to be spoiled to. Give us more Duke don't care what it is man damn i just want the option to be able to play more Duke.

Edit: Also am i wrong or is the picture for Duke Reloaded updated ? I don't remember seeing this picture for it last time i checked http://interceptor-e.../site/projects/

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 03 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 03 February 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Give us more Duke don't care what it is man damn i just want the option to be able to play more Duke.

I'm sorry buddy but that's a real bad attitude to have. That's the kind of thinking that allows terrible, lazy, movie to game abominations to make money.

We need to set the bar very high for any future Duke games. Top down shooter or not, this game better be seriously good or it's another nail in the Duke Nukem coffin.

As I said earlier I really want to see what games are inspiring this new Duke game. A Contra style game with hand drawn really detailed graphics might have been a better option, Contra had no problem switching perspective and it worked even on the NES.

Maybe something like this would have been nice art wise (Duke vs Ash), nice big sprites but with the ability to zoom out to get a better picture of your surroundings. But then making really nice sprites is something that requires more than knowledge of the Unreal engine I'd imagine.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 03 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

so given interceptors track record we can expect a clunky ass rip off x-com?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postbrownfarted, on 03 February 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Dookie has MORE stinky lines ! then ANYONE !

brownfarted

Posted Image

Now Dookie is a flying stinky line!

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostThe Commander, on 03 February 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

Now Dookie is a flying stinky line!

Posted Image

Physics , Bitch !

brownfarted

This post has been edited by brownfarted: 03 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

FriedrichsSteamyTriptoCleveland.exe requires the latest version of PhysX to run.

User is offline   HeadClot 

Personally I hope that it is either a First or third person shooter.

Really hope that Interceptor is just toying with us...

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Alright, let's keep the shit posts to a minimum guys.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Few could have predicted....

I did Frederick!! :(

User is offline   HeadClot 

Personally - I want to give Interceptor a chance - Even thought they had major problems which crippled Rise of the Triad at launch and beyond.

Here is what I think -

1. We do not know what the game play will be like.
2. We do not know what the game will be about. All we have is a few bits of concept art from Interceptor and A Countdown on a webpage.
3. They could be using an older name because it fits their game...

I am going to hold on before I pass my judgement and hey can it be worse than DNF?

This post has been edited by HeadClot: 03 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Yeah maybe they are just messing around, leaking info hah i bet they knew we would catch on quick. But either way Interceptor is capable of a good game. Rise of the Triad was a good game started off with some problems but they took there updates very serious and answered to all the complaints in a professional manner. I joined one of there live broadcast's on making the shotgun for ROTT. I joined it very early and was able to talk with them about Duke Reloaded. They pretty much said that it wasn't forgotten, anyway this was awhile ago now but they even showed me art models that they made for Reloaded i was able to see the pistol they had for it. Rise of the Triads only flaws belong to the lack of funds i believe, but i heard somewhere they got a bigger loan for one of there upcoming projects. 21 days i see :(

I made a video for that game some months back. It was even recorded before the updates also keep in mind fraps is running at the same time and i'm using a laptop my laptop isn't horrible but it isn't great either fps kind of low. All of this and i say i got some decent footage of the game i never had that much a problem with it.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostDanM, on 03 February 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

so given interceptors track record we can expect a clunky ass rip off x-com?

You forgot to mention buggy and laggy as hell at launch (or whatever word means lots of bugs and lag).

PS:

View PostLunick, on 03 February 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Probably from this thread:
http://www.reddit.co...nnounced_pcps4/
Or somewhere else, IDK.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 03 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Meh.

What if Duke revolutionize the genre with this game, like what he did with 3D?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Don't forget, FPS was still in its infancy when Duke 3D was release so of course it would have had some influence. These days however most if not all genres are pretty well established now that technology is advanced to the point where developers are only limited by their imaginations. Most "innovative" games that are coming out seem to be some blend between genres rather than something completely new, or something that's a noticeable step up from what's done previously.

User is offline   K100 

View PostRinyRed, on 03 February 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Aw, the background image was removed. I was hoping the sudden resurgence of that unused Duke cover artwork would eventually lead to a release of a nice high-resolution, clean version of it.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by K100: 03 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 01 February 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Who's to say that first-person view couldn't be modded into the game? :(

The shitty graphics and level design that would look like crap if you look at it from too close, that's who.
Trying to turn a top down game into an fps is the absolute worst idea ever.
Sure you can do it for fun and out of curiosity but to actually hope to have it become the main way of playing it, you have to be beyond desperate...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Who knows. It all depends whether or not they develop the game in a way that would make it more convenient for the community to modify first-person view into it. I'm sure they know that people are going to want to do that. The game could have first-person segments in it for all we know. Critical Mass had that for sniping.

The graphics don't look that bad in this with first-person view.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 03 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

Who knows. It all depends whether or not they develop the game in a way that would make it more convenient for the community to modify first-person view into it. I'm sure they know that people are going to want to do that. The game could have first-person segments in it for all we know. Critical Mass had that for sniping.

I have to say I like your huge reserves of optimism.
I say that your pretentions would be too much even if this upcoming duke game was made by a real dev studio but here you are hoping for such things from Fresch...
I could already guess how Rise of the Triad remake would come out looking and after it came out and I've seen it in it's final version, all of my predictions and opinions about interceptor were fully confirmed.
These people are at the same level with the amateur fan modders that would randomly form teams on forums to remake old games with new game engines and almost always end up quitting halfway through the project due to drama.
I was part of such a team too back in 2005 or so and I worked on Doom Reborn remake for Doom3 and a bit on Classic Doom3.
This is interceptor's level, they can't do more than that, not with their current members at least..
I won't go back to saying that if I would remove somebody from interceptor, I would start with Fresch himself, because I've been giving him shit for over 2 years and I've made my point long ago.
Based on what I've seen they can do, I have no expectations for this game.

If people here like what they did with the rise of the triad remake then maybe you will like this new game of theirs too... I personally can't take interceptor seriously and actually expect quality out of them.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostMicky C, on 03 February 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

You're from SA too huh? The stink lines might be my fault... it's been pretty hot here lately and since I haven't been out of the house much I haven't showered as regularly as I should Posted Image

Yeah, it was damn toasty here in S.A., and I'm sure I contributed to those stink lines too! :(

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 03 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

I imagine that switching the view from a top down perspective to a first person view isn't too hard to do, but there's probably quite a lot of work involved in making it function correctly and to make it feel and play right all the time rather than in just limited instances within the game. Here's hoping it's easy doable, but my guess is that it won't be so simple.

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostLkMax, on 03 February 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

You forgot to mention buggy and laggy as hell at launch (or whatever word means lots of bugs and lag).

the remake actually reminded me more of mortyr than the oiginal rott

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

Sorry I'm late, but this counts as major news! This is't a DNF sequel right? I've been away I don't know this stuff! Am I the only feeling very excited?

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostDuel, on 04 February 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

Sorry I'm late, but this counts as major news! This is't a DNF sequel right? I've been away I don't know this stuff! Am I the only feeling very excited?

No, it's not related the DNF at all. I'm not too excited but whatever...

We can only wait when it come out...

Hmm...I wasn't really expecting something like a "top-down" RPG, although I don't exactly have anything against that genre of game...would that genre work for Duke Nukem?... I'll just hope that the gameplay, design, and story will still be good enough for Duke, even if it is "only" a top-down RPG. I'm looking forward to this anyway, and it better be a really, really good Duke game. We'll just have to wait and see.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I just realized. Know what else was a top-down action RPG?

Posted Image

Die Hard for the NES.
No, seriously.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 04 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

I don't think that's really an RPG. Still fun though. Die hard fun.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostX-Vector, on 02 February 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Someone else likes one of my all time favourite games? Aww yeah.

This is the most valid reason to get excited for this Duke game.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options