Duke4.net Forums: Mass Effect 3 is the greatest game ever made. - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect 3 is the greatest game ever made.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDial V for Viper, on 27 December 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

But no biotics = Generic Cover Shooter 2012 - DLC Edition.

Biotics and tech as well. You've got two different "spell classes". I do a lot of tech combos on certain multiplayer classes (eg. incinerate+overload=Things go boom!)

User is offline   Ronin 

Gameplay Nut must have went to the generic school of boring internet arguing. Upon graduation you get a free pass to use such overused expressions like "strawman argument" and "ad hominem".

Gameplay Nut your mind numbingly boring posts boil down to "if you don't see why ME3 is so shit then you are ignorant" which is the same as "if you don't have the same opinion as me then you are ignorant".

This post has been edited by Ronan: 28 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Gameplay Nut must have went to the generic school of boring internet arguing. Upon graduation you get a free pass to use such overused expressions like "strawman argument" and "ad hominem".

Gameplay Nut your mind numbingly boring posts boil down to "if you don't see why ME3 is so shit then you are ignorant" which is the same as "if you don't have the same opinion as me then you are ignorant".

Sort of like this guy or this guy

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

such overused expressions like "strawman argument" and "ad hominem".

What a retard. Such expressions can never be overused as long as they are stated in the correct context.

Incorrect. And your's boil down to butthurt ignorance.

I have pointed out solid flaws with ME- that Bioware designs third person 3D levels with isometric standards, which is ridiculous to say the least, but not only that but that they put little effort into gameplay as a whole. "Generic shooter 2012" or whatever was stated sounds about right for the gameplay and level design, and no, some powers, most not all that impressive, does not merit it any other title than that.

You want to stay deluded and blind, so much so that you pull these straw man and ad hominem arguments out of your ass just to get me to go away, rather than accepting there is major flaws with your "greatest game of all time".

This post has been edited by Gameplay Nut: 28 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Wasn't the second guy kind of right?

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Generic shooter 2012" or whatever was stated sounds about right for the gameplay and level design, and no, some powers, most not all that impressive, does not merit it any other title than that.

Mass Effect series was never envisioned to be a RPG like Skyrim. All these people who want Mass Effect to be less shooter and have mostly RPG elements have never read the Final Hours app. Even in the very beginning, the prototype for this series looked like a shooter with RPG elements. The next game will still be a hybrid of TPS/RPG because that's how the series has always worked. I assume it may have more RPG elements though than ME3 had. Similar to how ME3 has more RPG elements than ME2. A lot of things people don't consider RPG elements are. Like, using your imagination. Can't roleplay without that. Reminds me of that Futurama movie, where Bender tries to roleplay and he can't because he has no imagination. Much like certain people who played this game. Tries to play a game with RPG elements, then comes out and says "I didn't buy this game to use my imagination". Technically, any Mass Effect games would be marketed as a "action-RPG". I think Fallout series is the same way in how its classified.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 28 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostJeff, on 28 December 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

A lot of things people don't consider RPG elements are. Like, using your imagination. Can't roleplay without that.

wot? Imagination is not an RPG element.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

What a retard

butthurt

Even more generic internet-isms, where did you learn to read and write, IGN?

Haha you're such a dickhead it's not even funny. You complain about something then proceed to do exactly that.

I like Mass Effect 3 a lot if you don't then it's your loss, doesn't effect me either way, enjoy being a miserable dickhead.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 28 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostJeff, on 28 December 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Mass Effect series was never envisioned to be a RPG like Skyrim. All these people who want Mass Effect to be less shooter and have mostly RPG elements have never read the Final Hours app. Even in the very beginning, the prototype for this series looked like a shooter with RPG elements. The next game will still be a hybrid of TPS/RPG because that's how the series has always worked. I assume it may have more RPG elements though than ME3 had. Similar to how ME3 has more RPG elements than ME2. A lot of things people don't consider RPG elements are. Like, using your imagination. Can't roleplay without that. Reminds me of that Futurama movie, where Bender tries to roleplay and he can't because he has no imagination. Much like certain people who played this game. Tries to play a game with RPG elements, then comes out and says "I didn't buy this game to use my imagination". Technically, any Mass Effect games would be marketed as a "action-RPG". I think Fallout series is the same way in how its classified.

I never stated I wanted Mass Effect to be more RPG in gameplay...though I do, but that has not been my argument here at all, I have been primarily focusing on the level design, which contributes heavily to the "generic shooter 2012" title, as does not allowing the player to jump or crouch at will, which is basic fucking stuff and should be standard for all shooters; an unspoken rule to feature these core mechanics, hybrid shooters or not.

wot? Imagination is not an RPG element.

Yes it is, one of the original elements. Not so much an element in cRPG's but cRPGs (old school ones at least) were heavily inspired by TTRPGs, of which imagination played a big part of.

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I like Mass Effect 3 a lot.

I can tell from all the butthurt :wub:

Even more generic internet-isms, where did you learn to read and write, IGN?

That's the biggest insult you could have ever used :D And I am not being sarcastic. Fuck IGN.

This post has been edited by Gameplay Nut: 28 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

I can tell from all the butthurt :wub:

So you think that by simply stating something then repeating it, that it becomes truth?
I just find you boring, obnoxious, and generic with your wording and arguments.
You are not annoying me, after all you are then one who is you and I am still me, so there is nothing to be annoyed about unless of course I'm you which would be a good reason to be pissed off because nobody really wants to be a miserable dickhead.

So here is how your posts read to me...

"Blah, blah, blah...elitist...blah, blah, blah...ad-hominem.....blah, blah, strawman, blah, blah, butthurt, blah, blah, ignorant."

I will agree with you on one thing though, yes you are a complete dickhead and I'm glad we both think so.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 28 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

So here is how your posts read to me...

Stay out of this if you cannot hold a discussion without letting your childish emotions get the better of you.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

Stay out of this if you cannot hold a discussion without letting your childish emotions get the better of you.

Ahh beautiful, yet another cliche from a seasoned internet warrior, you will run out eventually then maybe a single original thought may try to stumble through the fog surrounding your brain. Unfortunately it will quickly feel isolated and unwelcome and then be forced to leave before having a chance to be processed.

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Ahh beautiful, yet another cliche from a seasoned internet warrior, you will run out eventually then maybe a single original thought may try to stumble through the fog surrounding your brain. Unfortunately it will quickly feel isolated and unwelcome and then be forced to leave before having a chance to be processed.

You are a drooling idiot. You have gotten emotional and are attempting to attack me personally with no basis to anything you are saying and aredoing so to avoid any of the actual arguments put forward. This is referred to as an "ad hominem". Instead I substituted the expression "ad hominem" for a sentence to clearly explain to you what you are doing in this thread and you still continue to call my words cliche, when I am simply stating facts. Fucking idiot.

This post has been edited by Gameplay Nut: 28 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

You are a drooling idiot. You have gotten emotional and are attempting to attack me personally with no basis to anything you are saying and are avoiding any of the actual arguments put forward. This is referred to as an "ad hominem". Instead I substituted the expression "ad hominem" for a sentence to clearly explain to you what you are doing in this thread and you still continue to call my words cliche, when I am simply stating facts. Fucking idiot.

Haha, "drooling idiot" I love it! You know there is probably a cream you can get for that Gluteal myalgia you are experiencing right now.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 28 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Haha, "drooling idiot" I love it! You know there is probably a cream you can get for that Gluteal myalgia you are experiencing right now.

Whatever, clown.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Whatever, clown.

Just for you baby.

View PostRonan, on 28 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Just for you baby.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. You may have your thread back.

Edit: After I post the real truth:

:wub:

This post has been edited by Gameplay Nut: 28 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostGameplay Nut, on 28 December 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. You may have your thread back.

No problem, works better than any cream.

User is offline   Kathy 

Yes it is, one of the original elements. Not so much an element in cRPG's but cRPGs (old school ones at least) were heavily inspired by TTRPGs, of which imagination played a big part of.

I meant video games of course. And even then, imagination is a necessity on player's part, not an actual element/attribute of a genre.

Imagination only works when you aren't shoved along a single path where there's really nowhere to go but forward. The choices and concequences in the game don't matter because you have 3 buttons that lead to basically the same ending. And as was stated in the review I linked that apparently none of you watched, "This is the best story ever told to some kid by his grandpa. The best grandpa story full of sex and unspeakable violence." Why did they choose to go that route with the ending when it cannot actually fit with what happened during the games at all? That's about as bad and unfitting as 'The King of Limbo".

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 30 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostColon Semicolon, on 30 December 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Imagination only works when you aren't shoved along a single path where there's really nowhere to go but forward. The choices and concequences in the game don't matter because you have 3 buttons that lead to basically the same ending. And as was stated in the review I linked that apparently none of you watched, "This is the best story ever told to some kid by his grandpa. The best grandpa story full of sex and unspeakable violence." Why did they choose to go that route with the ending when it cannot actually fit with what happened during the games at all? That's about as bad and unfitting as 'The King of Limbo".

That's probably because you're autistic and only take things at face value.

Read. Between. The. Lines.

User is offline   Avoozl 

I think I enjoyed ME2 more than ME3, but I like ME3 more than ME1.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDial V for Viper, on 30 December 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

That's probably because you're autistic and only take things at face value.

Read. Between. The. Lines.

Think that's why a lot of people may have been upset over the ending. If you take it at face value, it is not very satisfying. However, if you read between the lines and think about it for a minute, it's not that bad. People tend to open their mouths before thinking about stuff (extroverts anyways). Introverts like me think first, then talk.

All these people wanting a tailor made ending based on your choices, when the entire game did that for you. There's hundreds if not thousands of variations in how Mass Effect 3 as a whole plays out.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 30 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostJeff, on 30 December 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Think that's why a lot of people may have been upset over the ending. If you take it at face value, it is not very satisfying. However, if you read between the lines and think about it for a minute, it's not that bad. People tend to open their mouths before thinking about stuff (extroverts anyways). Introverts like me think first, then talk.

All these people wanting a tailor made ending based on your choices, when the entire game did that for you. There's hundreds if not thousands of variations in how Mass Effect 3 as a whole plays out.

Dude I'm not trying to offend you by saying that, you're my e-bro.

I'm pretty extroverted and I always think before I speak. Unless I'm manic. Then it's like flipping a coin.

I don't even think it's a matter of introvert vs. extrovert, I think it's an issue of people treating the game as a lower form of writing/entertainment than it actually is. No one expects a video game to move them like that, so they just play it half assed. It's not a series of missions and shit, the entire trilogy is one big experience you have to really immerse yourself in.

I definitely cried at the end though because I'm part of the ENFJ faggot race. Empathy is my middle name.

This post has been edited by Dial V for Viper: 30 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostJeff, on 30 December 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

People tend to open their mouths before thinking about stuff (extroverts anyways). Introverts like me think first, then talk.

That is not what the term introvert/extrovert means.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDial V for Viper, on 30 December 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I definitely cried at the end though because I'm part of the ENFJ faggot race. Empathy is my middle name.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostSangman, on 30 December 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

That is not what the term introvert/extrovert means.

I'm aware of this. Introverts keep to themselves. Extroverts are more outgoing and sociable.

I think it's an issue of people treating the game as a lower form of writing/entertainment than it actually is. No one expects a video game to move them like that, so they just play it half assed. It's not a serious of missions and shit, the entire trilogy is one big experience you have to really immerse yourself in.

As one of them said, we don't play games to feel like the ending did. They play games to win and to go out like some big galactic hero or something. I don't know, people talk about the gaming industry wanting innovation and new ideas, but when Bioware presents something like this, it says to me that they want more of the same. Some of them said it themselves. This game isn't as good as the previous two because it doesn't follow Bioware's traditional form of storytelling people were used to and tried to be different.

View PostJimmy, on 30 December 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostJeff, on 30 December 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

As one of them said, we don't play games to feel like the ending did. They play games to win and to go out like some big galactic hero or something. I don't know, people talk about the gaming industry wanting innovation and new ideas, but when Bioware presents something like this, it says to me that they want more of the same. Some of them said it themselves. This game isn't as good as the previous two because it doesn't follow Bioware's traditional form of storytelling people were used to and tried to be different.

You are so fucking smart.

This post has been edited by Dial V for Viper: 30 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't know what happened, but I had hard drive failure recently. Moved a bunch of stuff over. I ripped the Mass Effect 1 soundtrack from game files a while back, and literally every track is static except for that creepy music that plays on the moon base, that creepy music that plays in the dead carrier full of husks, and another random side mission track.

I'm not kidding. This is so fucking creepy. I'll provide a video if you guys want. I copied these back off my file server and something got lost in translation.

https://mega.co.nz/#...og0J2rTRgQxia9g

https://mega.co.nz/#...lmTBX1QDALSuR58

https://mega.co.nz/#...DDntmrT9wdXJwmk

This post has been edited by Dial V for Viper: 12 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Every track is static? Not sure how to fix that. If the game plays okay, try to delete the BIOEngine.ini file and start fresh.

[ISACTAudio.ISACTAudioDevice]
MaxChannels=64
TimeBetweenHWUpdates=15.000000
MinOggVorbisDurationGame=20
MinOggVorbisDurationEditor=4
TotalAvailableChannels=64
DeviceName=Generic Hardware
ReserveChannels=2
UseEffectsProcessing=False

This is my audio settings that I use. Not sure if you have an actual sound card or onboard sound. I have a sound card, so if you don't, delete the Generic Hardware bit, but leave it as "DeviceName="

Be sure to delete the other sound entry. I think it's called [ALAudio.ALAudioDevice]. I had some issues with audio before I nuked it. After that, no issues. Characters would cut their lines a few seconds too soon, but not anymore.

Or perhaps delete the sound files and have them redownloaded. To make it easy, just delete this folder:

C:\Origin\Mass Effect\BioGame\CookedPC\Packages

Or wherever you have Mass Effect installed, and have the files redownloaded. I don't know if you mentioned whether you have a digital download version of the game or a boxed retail version.

Here's a link to my BIOEngine.ini file. It's tweaked for high settings and minimal texture pop. Does require a good amount of VRAM (500 MB for me, default is like 170 MB or so). Levels are bigger, so it has to load more stuff.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 12 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options