Duke4.net Forums: Aliens: Colonial Marines is $2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aliens: Colonial Marines is $2  ":rolleyes:"

User is offline   Lunick 

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009K6YJTS/ On Amazon currently. I'm actually going to bite the bullet because for $2 it will be worth the laugh.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

The stench of desperation is palpable.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'd also get it out of curiosity except it doesn't accept paypal Posted Image

It also has the complete Max Payne franchise for $7 which is great value, and what at least 50 hours of gameplay?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nope, still not gonna buy. Gearbox isn't getting my money.

User is offline   Ronin 

Nope, it's still $202 too expensive. I'd rather play that knife game Bishop plays in Aliens except blind folded and dizzy than play that piece of dirt for even 10 minutes.I have seen the footage, it looks horrible.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 19 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I know many have said that the 4GB update patch does fix a lot of issues, but I'm just unwilling to support Gearbox in any way, shape, or form.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

As much as I hate Gearbox and pitchfuck, and as much as I regret my purchase of that game, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy what I played of the multiplayer, and the coop was hilarious.

And surprisingly this was the first aliens game in like, ever, where the art style was actually accurate to the movie, though maybe with a little too much blue.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 December 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I know many have said that the 4GB update patch does fix a lot of issues, but I'm just unwilling to support Gearbox in any way, shape, or form.

Ditto! No way I'm giving Pitchfork my money.

Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 December 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I really don't think the 4GIG patch did much of anything, honestly.I hadn't had it installed for quite some time. Reinstalled it just to show my brother how bad it was. Let it get all patched, loaded it up.

I literally played through the first two missions on ultimate badass(the hardest difficulty), only looking at the screen half the time, because the goddamn AI is so pathetic you really have to play SHITTY before it can do any major damage to you. That is, until you get to the corporate guys, and then they can get some cheap shots on you if you don't duck and cover. Sorta. They're pretty clown-car-into-a-room stupid, too.

My brother, not knowing much about the game had this instantly to say "Wait, why does an Aliens game suddenly turn into a poor man's Call of Duty clone?" I looked at him with a knowing smirk and said "Exactly, bro. Exactly. Another long time dream game utterly shit on by the developers..."

Of course, I've been bitter about the Gearbox version of A:CM for quite a long time. I so wanted that "Rainbow Six meets the Aliens universe" thing that was going on with the original project. Being able to customize your dudes and gear, having to go on rescue missions if the aliens grabbed one of your guys. Lot's of cool strategy elements. Meh. Posted Image

User is offline   Soap DX 

View PostBloodshot, on 19 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

And surprisingly this was the first aliens game in like, ever, where the art style was actually accurate to the movie, though maybe with a little too much blue.

... Are you sure? Hasn't most Alien and Alien VS Predator games depict the art correctly? Recent and not so recent, regardless of graphical limitation. Comparisons would be interesting.

As for 2$ ... I think id rather play the game then with a knife blindfolded but to each their choices of pains. I guess Id have to skip the purchase as well just for the company's false advertisement on this game, can't support that.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostDustFalcon85, on 19 December 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

I am fucking amazed Sega is still alive. That company has had the worst management in the industry since Day 1. In the 80's and 90's, the Japanese division had no idea how to tackle the home console market. Nearly twenty years after they botched the Saturn and chased out Kalinske, they still have no idea how to handle it.

That company has been, and still is, stuck in the mindset of the arcade business.

No other publisher would have let A:CM go on for that long. What the fuck, Sega?

This post has been edited by Dial V for Viper: 27 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

It took me 4 days to download this game. It took me 10 seconds to uninstall it.

Waaaaaaaaay too expensive for me to buy this one.
I might consider buying it when this price drops to 2 cents.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

It took me a split second to decide I'm not getting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options