• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rise Of The Triad (2013)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Beta testing BEFORE you release a game is obviously a 90's game convention they decided not to follow.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 20 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostTea Monster, on 20 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Beta testing BEFORE you release a game is obviously a 90's game convention they decided not to follow.

We have a lot of professional testers on board - But doing a public beta for a DRM free game like ROTT before it's released is just suicide.
We are a small company, and it would have been impossible to control leakers with our resources.

We wanted to involve the community as much as possible post release, to help us out with new ideas, features and fixes you'd like to see in the game.

We care a lot about you guys! <3

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 20 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I originally wanted to beta test since I really enjoyed the original ROTT and I'm good at breaking games, UE3 or not, even when I don't want to. Though during the launch I noticed my computer seriously is not up to the task of running the game at playable framerates. My HDD can't handle certain kind of UE3 streaming, games like Arkham City and ROTT are completely unplayable while Dishonored and Borderlands 2 run easily at steady 60 fps. Though I didn't try the initial patch yet.

User is offline   Hank 

For my own education, what exactly does a beta tester do and what prerequisites make a good beta tester?

• Slipgate Studios

View PostHank, on 20 August 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

For my own education, what exactly does a beta tester do and what prerequisites make a good beta tester?

Doing Public Beta Testing is very different from Core QA Testing.
If you want to gain experience in Core QA Testing these are some good tips, if you want to join up with my company :P

- Know how to report bugs, with correct name conventions, and priorities
- Replication is King! If you are not able to replicate a bug every single time, it's generally considered to be none existant
- Proof of Replication. Every Bug needs video or BugIT (UE3 Command) replication. Video of replication 2-3 times in a row is preffered at Interceptor, together with a BugIt textfile and screenshot
- Responsibility. Being the first to test new Dev. Branches, finding the bugs, and reporting them the right way, and taking responsibility for your position on the team is extremely important.
- Report to the right people. Knowing the difference between a Script and a Code bug is very important, in order to avoid the wrong bugs assigned to the wrong people (Example: AI bugs, go to Level Design Scripters, Crash bugs goes to Coders, Getting Stuck Bugs, goes to Setdressers, etc).

Last but not least, and open and friendly mindset :)

User is offline   Steveeeie 

I've got a question,

How comes there are assets from Duke Nukem Reloaded used in game that I had a hand in creating and I wasn't even in the thanks part of the credits?

I know that I am pretty grumpy about interceptor in these parts, but I think if you are using things somebody spent time creating then proper credit should be given.

This post has been edited by Steveeeie: 20 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostSteveeeie, on 20 August 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

I've got a question,

How comes there are assets from Duke Nukem Reloaded used in game that I had a hand in creating and I wasn't even in the thanks part of the credits?

I know that I am pretty grumpy about interceptor in these parts, but I think if you are using things somebody spent time creating then proper credit should be given.

As far as I know, none of the assets you took part of were used -
We created a secret room, with some Duke Related assets as a small easteregg, and the people who created or took part in creating these assets have all been credited.

User is offline   Steveeeie 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 20 August 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

As far as I know, none of the assets you took part of were used -
We created a secret room, with some Duke Related assets as a small easteregg, and the people who created or took part in creating these assets have all been credited.

Will PM.

• Slipgate Studios

View PostSteveeeie, on 20 August 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Will PM.

Drop me an email Steveeeie :P
Thats easier -
frederik.schreiber@interceptor-entertainment.com

• Ancient Blood God

So, I'm just curious with what incentive there is for the beta testers, I suppose a mention in the game's credits? You'll have to agree the launch didn't go as smooth as you had planned and some people have turned away from the game, few of which would have been potential testers.

Additionally, what happened to "We will keep your application for the future. Should additional testers be needed, we might come back to you."?

Of course there's the group who'd still do it for helping out a game of this kind to succeed. I'd still like to count myself into this group but my post above explains my situation.

PS. You also still have that bug on your forum layout, it's a one minute job to fix it.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 20 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostTea Monster, on 20 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Hah, tell that to Bethesda.

User is offline   Kathy 

Because comparing a vast open world game to a linear shooter makes sense?

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 20 August 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

We wanted to involve the community as much as possible post release, to help us out with new ideas, features and fixes you'd like to see in the game.

Here's a fix request from me but it might be impossible to achieve in a decent amount of time.
Remake game again and release it as a patch to fix this current one.
And for my second recommendation/request I would like to ask you to remove yourself from the team and let somebody else lead it.
If you really must be part of this dev team, you can assume the role of the janitor if your really want to say that you've contributed to the game.

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 20 August 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

We care a lot about you guys! <3

You are a funny guy but this makes you sound a little desperate in my opinion.<3

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 21 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostKathy, on 20 August 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Because comparing a vast open world game to a linear shooter makes sense?

PS3 version of Skyrim. Completely broken and unplayable. 0 FPS in certain moments according to Digital Foundry's analysis. Thus, Bethesda.

• Slipgate Studios

You might have your own strong oppinions on Rise of the Triad, and me personally.
But openly threatening us, and telling people to:

"I URGE everybody that was willing to buy this game, to PIRATE THE SHIT OUT OF IT and tell everybody that enjoys it to NEVER EVER buy it and never support this retarded bunch of fags that remade it!"

Is just very very low.

You might hate Interceptor, Rise of the Triad, and Duke Nukem.
But telling people to Pirate the game, and hurt Interceptor and Apogee, is just crazy.

I feel very sorry for you Mr. Deviance

User is offline   Kathy 

When will you write your review, Mr. Deviance?

Where does that quote come from, Fresch?

This post has been edited by Kathy: 21 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostKathy, on 21 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

When will you write your review, Mr. Deviance?

Where does that quote come from, Fresch?

Link Removed, as it includes piracy - Screenshot Added
Admin: Feel Free to remove this Link, as it includes links to piracy

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 21 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 21 August 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

You might have your own strong oppinions on Rise of the Triad, and me personally.
But openly threatening us, and telling people to:

"I URGE everybody that was willing to buy this game, to PIRATE THE SHIT OUT OF IT and tell everybody that enjoys it to NEVER EVER buy it and never support this retarded bunch of fags that remade it!"

Is just very very low.

You might hate Interceptor, Rise of the Triad, and Duke Nukem.
But telling people to Pirate the game, and hurt Interceptor and Apogee, is just crazy.

I feel very sorry for you Mr. Deviance

I can say what ever the hell I want to say on my own forum thank you very much.
You must be really obsessed with me if you actually googled my name and found me on my own forum haha.
I never advertised this forum here nor did any piracy stuff so I don't get why you post stuff about it here lol.
You must be really desperate if you go to linking my posts from my own forum to get back at me here.
Considering that my post was public, I am quite happy that you got to read it.
You already knew this was my opinion so I don't see where does your surprise come from.
And lastly, before you tell me that you feel sorry for me, I should reiterate that I take no offense from somebody as lame and as incapable as you are.
It's also hilarious that you are shocked of me asking people to pirate your shit when I'm the owner of the biggest and oldest no-steam piracy community on the internet...
I know my limits and how to stick within the rules of any forum but you are so eager to get back to me somehow that you even went so far as to link my piracy forum here which is fucking retarded to say the least.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 21 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

Good luck with the testers and the update, I only wait for it to reinstall the game ^^'

This post has been edited by Mateos: 21 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostMateos, on 21 August 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Good luck with the testers and the update, I only wait for it to reinstall the game ^^'

Thank you Mateos :P
If you want to be part of it, we are still looking for Beta Testers for the 1.1 Patch and DLC

• Ancient Blood God

I'm wondering why you jumped over my questions just above, I'm not trying to make a hassle of it, just genuinely intrigued.

• Slipgate Studios

View PostDaedolon, on 21 August 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'm wondering why you jumped over my questions just above, I'm not trying to make a hassle of it, just genuinely intrigued.

Hi Daedolon :P
All of the Beta Testers will also be featured in an updated credits section, once the beta rolls out.
Once we have a solid group put together, we will most likely also offer you beta access to future patches, DLC, Development Kit, etc.

I hope you'll join in!

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostMr.Deviance, on 21 August 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

I can say what ever the hell I want to say on my own forum thank you very much.
You must be really obsessed with me if you actually googled my name and found me on my own forum haha.
I never advertised this forum here nor did any piracy stuff so I don't get why you post stuff about it here lol.
You must be really desperate if you go to linking my posts from my own forum to get back at me here.
Considering that my post was public, I am quite happy that you got to read it.
You already knew this was my opinion so I don't see where does your surprise come from.
And lastly, before you feel sorry for me, I should reiterate that I take no offense from somebody as lame and as incapable as you are.

You don't think a business owner, especially one who deals with game development, is going to naturally be curious enough about what people think of his company's work, and if he'll be able to compensate his staff for their hard work? If not, you're in for a rude awakening when you leave your parents' basement.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMr.Deviance, on 21 August 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

It's also hilarious that you are shocked of me asking people to pirate your shit when I'm the owner of the biggest and oldest no-steam piracy community on the internet...

Looks like somebody here is surely a legend in his own mind. :P

This post has been edited by Ms. Radar: 21 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

French and Interceptor deserve a break, they are still fixing the game and RoTT, warts and all is the only new fps that is remotely similar to the old games we love so much. I am still waiting for a few things to be fixed so I can continue enjoying the game, I stopped after level 1-3 as I didn't want to build up resentment. I am looking forward to the end product, I will personally consider the release a beta, even though it wasn't. The game needs a shotgun too, I would also like the option to turn off infinite ammo for machine gun.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 21 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMs. Radar, on 21 August 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Looks like somebody here is surely a legend in his own mind. :P

That's usually the way it is with idiots and retards.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 21 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostRonan, on 21 August 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

French and Interceptor deserve a break, they are still fixing the game and RoTT, warts and all is the only new fps that is remotely similar to the old games we love so much. I am still waiting for a few things to be fixed so I can continue enjoying the game, I stopped after level 1-3 as I didn't want to build up resentment. I am looking forward to the end product, I will personally consider the release a beta, even though it wasn't. The game needs a shotgun too, I would also like the option to turn off infinite ammo for machine gun.

I'm sure you will love the Weapons DLC we have planned :P
Thank you for the continued support - Patch 1.1, which we are currently Beta Testing, currently includes more than 100 fixes.

• Ancient Blood God

Assuming I can get the game running at decent speeds now, I'd be more than happy to betatest the 1.1 patch.

• Slipgate Studios

View PostDaedolon, on 21 August 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Assuming I can get the game running at decent speeds now, I'd be more than happy to betatest the 1.1 patch.

Great! :P
I'll make sure our Lead QA James Miller get's in touch with you!

• Ancient Blood God

It's not Thomas? Thomas has my email, anywa.

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options