Duke4.net Forums: Liquidator 2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Liquidator 2

User is offline   faked 

Well,for what it's worth,I finally bought Liquidator 2: Welcome to Hell.Seems like it might be interesting.Haven't had a chance to install it yet,because I've been busy.I know some of you may think I wasted my money,but it was VERY inexpensive.Any opinions? :lol:

Wtf. So let me get this straight. This is a russian commercial game that simply took the Build engine and made this amateurish game and sold it without ever giving a shit about 3drealm's copyrights?
And you bought this instead of pirating it? Ok..
But considering how bad it is, I think there are chances that you can't even find it to pirate it anywhere.

User is offline   faked 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 06 June 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Wtf. So let me get this straight. This is a russian commercial game that simply took the Build engine and made this amateurish game and sold it without ever giving a shit about 3drealm's copyrights?
And you bought this instead of pirating it? Ok..
But considering how bad it is, I think there are chances that you can't even find it to pirate it anywhere.

Oh,shit!I Is it really pirated?I'm glad you mentioned this.And yes,I really paid for it.All of $1.00 at a lawn sale,unopened.While I did open the package itself,as I said,I haven't installed it.After what you told me,I don't think I will,now.I always get my games legally because I feel it's the right thing to do.Hope you have a good day anyway.Thanks again for telling me. :lol:

I did not say it's pirated. Read what I said again.
I said that I read somewhere that it's a russian game sold retail in russia.
The problem with the game that I heard about is that it's using build engine without any rights.
In russia it's treated like a serious full blown retail game that gets sold gaming markets.
It's basically just using the build engine and making money out of it.
I don't know if that's legal or not nor do I really care to be honest.
That game is a joke that I didn't even hear about until now.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

User is offline   faked 

Yes,i read what you said.I did do some research and I did see pirated copies listed.I hope they didn't use the build engine illegally.Anyway,it did not get good reviews,so I lost interest.Since it was only $1,no loss.I can give it to someone in my apt building who likes FPS games.And actually you did help.I have plenty of games anyway,Duke of course,Doom series,and a lot of good FPS games I like.So have a good one! :lol:

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Liquidator 2 is not a BUILD engine game, Liquidator (1) is, though.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDaedolon, on 06 June 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Liquidator 2 is not a BUILD engine game, Liquidator (1) is, though.

There was a Liquidator 1? Where?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostHank, on 06 June 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

There was a Liquidator 1? Where?

http://dukenukem3dtc....com/id177.html

User is offline   faked 

UM.....I think I'll just sneak off and play Duke Nukem Megaton.Thanks everyone very much for your help! :lol:

User is offline   leilei 

The first game also hexedited the headers of their GRP files and renamed them so they wouldn't be opened in editors. They tried to mask that it's BUILD as if it wasn't obvious enough :lol:

Another fishy code FPS game from Russia is Z.A.R. by Maddox Games. Although leaps and bounds more original than Liquidator, you have to wonder where that Abrash video mode initialization code and turbulent waterwarp came from... *cough*Quake 1.01 linux code leak*cough*

This post has been edited by leilei: 06 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

In mid-2004, one Russian "game design studio" shamelessly tried to sell a(n already outdated at that time) version of Cube (with some minor modifications thrown in here and there) as an original product of their own. The archived copy of the publisher's website has a few screenshots in low quality that still show that this is, in fact, Cube:
screenshot1
screenshot2

No idea how many copies were sold.

In the same year, a large Russian game review website contacted Wouter van Oortmerssen after the staff had been notified by a reader that the game was in question was a version of Cube. The developer confirmed that no Russian company ever licensed the Cube engine from him, and neither did he give any permission to sell derivative products. He took no legal action as far as I'm concerned.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Russia is awesome.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

It's so ghetto it's glorious.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostJimmy, on 06 June 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Russia is awesome.

Posted Image

View Post486DX2, on 06 June 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

It's so ghetto it's glorious.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Downvotes for Russia. Pleb as fuck in here.

User is offline   faked 

Well,I just played it anyway,and it was fairly good.Then I gave it away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options