Duke4.net Forums: DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

I'm not hyping myself for a spectacular mod, because this is pretty much just another Duke3D episode, but with a little spice to it (OMG it's based on DNF 2001 concepts). You just said it.

Nevertheless, I'm hoping it will be a good one. It'll be quite funny to see people raging and the hype backlash that the DN3D fan episode didn't live up to their expectations. Oh, how humorous indeed.

User is offline   Gambini 

Well we didn´t expect people to have so many reactions at all when publishing the trailer. If I could travel in time I´d remove the video and post it today, now that the mod is indeed practically done and hence there wouldn´t be much room for so many speculations.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostGambini, on 25 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

To get things straight: This mod plays as Duke Nukem 3D. The only artistic attribution we took to deviate its gameplay from strictly Duke Nukem 3d is the motorbike and some Mikko´s crazy ideas (but they are short so dont hurt). And anyway, those artistic attributions are based on things that could´ve been seen in Shadow Warrior i.e. You could drive vehicles on it, and there were voxels. There are no extra keys to press, no extra interactivity. At some point the name of this mod was Duke Nukem Forever 1997 because our vision was to pretend DNF were done in that year. With the time maps became too big and 2001 references were too many, so we removed the "1997" thing from its name.

This is all I´m gonna say. Sorry for all the trolling, the mod is real. you´ll get your hands on it very very soon.

Good. That's all I really wanted to hear. But I'm sure the previous antics in this thread have secured their place in the Duke-fan-community-drama hall of fame(if such a thing existed). Part of me kinda missed those days, but I'm glad that this particular episode(no pun) is now behind us... :)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostGambini, on 25 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well we didn´t expect people to have so many reactions at all when publishing the trailer. If I could travel in time I´d remove the video and post it today, now that the mod is indeed practically done and hence there wouldn´t be much room for so many speculations.

But it wouldn't be so much fun!

User is offline   NNC 

View PostGambini, on 25 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

To get things straight: This mod plays as Duke Nukem 3D. The only artistic attribution we took to deviate its gameplay from strictly Duke Nukem 3d is the motorbike and some Mikko´s crazy ideas (but they are short so dont hurt). And anyway, those artistic attributions are based on things that could´ve been seen in Shadow Warrior i.e. You could drive vehicles on it, and there were voxels. There are no extra keys to press, no extra interactivity. At some point the name of this mod was Duke Nukem Forever 1997 because our vision was to pretend DNF were done in that year. With the time maps became too big and 2001 references were too many, so we removed the "1997" thing from its name.

This is all I´m gonna say. Sorry for all the trolling, the mod is real. you´ll get your hands on it very very soon.

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I never expected it to be DNF, but I expected it to be a damn fun Duke episode made extra delicious due to the references. It'll probably be the best episode out of the year, mainly because there hasn't been an episode like this released for a year Posted Image (Metropolitan Mayhem was the last I think?)

User is offline   Bloodshot 

http://forums.gearbo...129#post4027129

lmao really

View PostMicky C, on 25 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I never expected it to be DNF, but I expected it to be a damn fun Duke episode made extra delicious due to the references. It'll probably be the best episode out of the year, mainly because there hasn't been an episode like this released for a year Posted Image (Metropolitan Mayhem was the last I think?)

Same here. I'm "only" expecting a couple of levels familiar with those scenes from the trailers / videos of 98/2011 DNF. I don't expect a full game, just something fun to play with and which might can be improved / developed over time after initial release...

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostBloodshot, on 25 April 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

What a joke!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I suddenly regret supporting this guy...

This post has been edited by Speedy Eggbert: 26 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

He just disbelieve, nothing can say to him and that's it. :)

User is online   ck3D 

I've been following this entire thread (this one here, on duke4) without saying a word for the entire time, just checking the replies every now and then and laughing at what had to be laughed at in my little corner, but seriously this is so amazing I can't resist posting to share my laughter anymore. What a fantastic link, and forum poster, trying to unveil the truth on Duke Nukem 3D conspiracy theories to the masses or something, then the guy mentioning Unreal is the cherry on the cake. I can only imagine Gambini's face going through every single color of the rainbow right now.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 26 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

• "Dick Nasty"

So far only one person has voted "hoax"....gee, I wonder who? :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

wow.
i can't believe he got so butthurt he had to run off crying to another forum

then again i guess there is a flicker of a smouldering candle lighting up the back of his eyes. he knew he would be lambasted if he tried that here

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostForge, on 26 April 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

wow.
i can't believe he got so butthurt he had to run off crying to another forum

Keep believing your own delusions.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDevil Master, on 26 April 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

Keep believing your own delusions.

oh i will, because in them you're extremely funny in a sad pathetic sort of way.

i can't wait for the release thread because you're making some absolutely delicious quote material

and no downvote this time? i'm starting to think you don't like me

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Congratulations, Devil Master! I have decided to honor your 2006 ban from the 3D Realms forums, because I do whatever the fuck I want. Enjoy! :)

Now this thread really is a throwback to the DNF section on 3DR. Hahaha.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

IDK which throwback is better - this thread, or Mountain Dew Throwback.

User is offline   Gambini 

No need to ban him. The votes on "his" forum only prove people believes us. He has been part of a project called DNF 1998 or something, it was supported only by words, words and more words.

Words are dust in the wind. I came here with a proof that is the trailer, if people want to think it´s hoax, more fun for us.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 26 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

• "Dick Nasty"

Let's look at it this way: If the mod itself is anywhere near as entertaining as this thread, we'll have a win-win situation! :)

Oh, and it looks like Devil Master is now logged in with his other username...."Altered Reality". Gotta love the irony of him having chosen such an apropos handle. :)

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 26 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 26 April 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

No need to ban him.

I agree. In fact he has probably helped generate interest in the project. But if he started trolling the release thread, that would be a different story.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Yeah, unban him. "Because I can" is not the attitude I want these forums to be moderated with. And far worse behaviour has been tolerated on other occasions.

User is offline   Forge 

bah!
unban him because we need our village idiot to throw rotten fruit at

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

This thread is completely hilarious. Well done.

(for what it's worth (ie. nothing) banning that guy may be a little bit excessive)

User is offline   thatguy 

Unban him and throw him in the stocks so we can scoff at his ugly ass.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostLeoD, on 26 April 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yeah, unban him. "Because I can" is not the attitude I want these forums to be moderated with.

That's TX for you. :)

While I don't agree with the ban, I can't bring myself not to laugh at it.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostForge, on 26 April 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

bah!
unban him because we need our village idiot to throw rotten fruit at

People who want to throw rotten fruits at the actual forum clown are probably people who have been thrown with rotten fruit at the school. No need of this mean spirited attitude, pls.

User is offline   Forge 

i graduated in '87. if there was rotten fruit throwing, i'd probably be over it by now

make your observations applicable - they throw rotten fruit at me in the old folks home

edit: and he made himself the village idiot when he started whining about release dates being pushed back, then started in on the mod doesn't exist because he wasn't being catered to, then he mocked Tx, then he mocked Trooper Dan. Mikko and Gambini have him so screwed up he doesn't know whether he's coming or going. Let him back on the forum and he'll keep mouthing off, and i'll keep taunting him along with everyone else who's taking advantage of what the mod creators started. Don't get all pissy and take the high road because i'm being honest about what's going to happen if he posts in this thread again.

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

User is offline   NNC 

I know the guy has some twisted mind and whined too much about this mod, but "unban him just to throw rotten fruit at him" is a typical childish behaviour, and shouldn't be the norm here.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostNancsi, on 26 April 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I know the guy has some twisted mind and whined too much about this mod, but "unban him just to throw rotten fruit at him" is a typical childish behaviour, and shouldn't be the norm here.

But.... what am i to do with all this rotten fruit?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options