• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I have more faith than ever!

As we all know, a very dark cloud surrounds the "real" DNF and its development history. The fact that Mikko_Sandt and Gambini haven't forced their mod out too early as a result of such a cloud makes me all the more confident in their marketing strategies and creative abilities. Not letting the stigma of DNF 2011 affect the quality of their labors is a very positive sign.

They could easily have released an unfinished or imperfect product as a result of the immense pressure from the Duke community...but I wholeheartedly salute the two of them for standing their grounds and ignoring the idiots who can't differentiate a group of talented and dedicated Duke fans from the failures of 3DR.

User is offline   thatguy 

The modding community has become a bunch of self-entitled bitches. Back in the day, modding was niche and its purpose was understood, now Mods (maybe before UDK and Unity) have become an extended way of making a game more than a mod. This attracts new folks and more douchebags....I helped out a bit answering some questions on the moddb profile, but I can only say so much before I get fed up at the moddb community. Then again, I lost all interest in public relations thanks to my last job.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I'm positive that Gambini wouldn't go though the trouble and ask me i he could use some of my work if it was a hoax. So little nooblets calm down.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 20 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Something i saw on the zdoom forums. Looks pretty cool right?
http://forum.zdoom.o...le.php?id=14060

http://forum.zdoom.o...forever#p647104

User is offline   Bloodshot 

View Postdarkcaleb, on 21 April 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Something i saw on the zdoom forums. Looks pretty cool right?
http://forum.zdoom.o...le.php?id=14060

http://forum.zdoom.o...forever#p647104

http://forums.duke4....post__p__138379

User is offline   Gambini 

It looks like we would need to move the crossair to the top left corner of the screen with that weird angle, but yeah.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 21 April 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

It looks like we would need to move the crossair to the top left corner of the screen with that weird angle, but yeah.

Put the gun on the right side of the screen so the tip of the gun is at the center, then move the gun down so some of it is not visible at the bottom. Have it move up slightly when firing. I think it would look quite good.

Thanks for the input, i know what you mean. But I was just pointing why I found it weird. If you look carefully the gun doesnt even seem to be aligned with the silencer.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 21 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Thanks for the input, i know what you mean. But I was just pointing why I found it weird. If you look carefully the gun doesnt even seem to be aligned with the silencer.

OH, I was talking about the rifle. I agree that the pistol looks wrong and I wouldn't want to use it either.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 20 April 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

The modding community has become a bunch of self-entitled bitches. Back in the day, modding was niche and its purpose was understood, now Mods (maybe before UDK and Unity) have become an extended way of making a game more than a mod. This attracts new folks and more douchebags....I helped out a bit answering some questions on the moddb profile, but I can only say so much before I get fed up at the moddb community. Then again, I lost all interest in public relations thanks to my last job.

These attitudes are nothing new. I remember Cyborg never helping noobs with modding questions. This was around the DukeWorld era.

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostJoJo the Idiot Circus Boy, on 21 April 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

These attitudes are nothing new. I remember Cyborg never helping noobs with modding questions. This was around the DukeWorld era.

Well, someone was butthurt enough to vote me down for point it out. You might be right....

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Don't mind Nansci, all he does is down vote shit.

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 20 April 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

I upvoted you because I think your words weren´t that terrible. I´m not really sure if modding can be generalized. There are many forms of modding communities, and while in my opinion about Duke´s one is a bit far from what I liked it to be like, it´s still the best around IMHO.

A "couple" of days later...any news about the mod? Would love to play it soon!

April 26 or earlier!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

It could be released today, tomorrow or in a few days but there's a slight problem with communication during weekdays as Gambini shows up online pretty much around the time I turn my computer off. The mod would have been out days ago had this not been a hindrance.

User is offline   Kathy 

Have you tried e-mail?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Eh, of course we communicate by email but that makes one mail per day, which makes it slow. It's like trying to communicate with another solar system.

• "Dick Nasty"

Huh? You can only send him one e-mail each day? What kind of an e-mail service imposes such restrictions?

That is, if I'm correctly reading what you said...

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostDuke Rocks, on 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Huh? You can only send him one e-mail each day? What kind of an e-mail service imposes such restrictions?

That is, if I'm correctly reading what you said...

Unless he was saying that it takes an entire day for Gambini to take notice of the email and answer.

User is offline   Kathy 

Joking aside, being always offline to each other would indeed mean 1 email per day.

Is it wrong that this is the only gaming related thing I'm looking forward to right now?

I literally haven't actually played any games in about a week and have no desire to except for this mod.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostBloodshot, on 23 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

I literally haven't actually played any games in about a week

That's like not a lot. If you get closer to month then perhaps it would be interesting to determine the causes.

Well it is for me, considering it's really all I have to do when I'm at home

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 23 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

I once went for 4 months without gaming, true story.

Anyway you lazy pricks maybe you should release this thing.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Release what? An April Fools' joke?

Trollin' to the max.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostSangman, on 23 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I once went for 4 months without gaming, true story.

You poor man..... :)

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 23 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Release what? An April Fools' joke?

I think it´s time to tell them. We held this hoax for so long that people will hate us once they know the true.

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostCathy, on 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Joking aside, being always offline to each other would indeed mean 1 email per day.

Uh, no...just because they are in different timezones, it doesn't mean that they have a limit of one e-mail every 24 hours. It just simply means that it takes roughly that amount of time to receive a response.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options