Duke4.net Forums: Ripping engine geometry. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ripping engine geometry.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Is there a way to rip the geometry out of a map file and convert it into a conventional 3D format like MAX or 3D studio. I'm aware of programs like 3D RIPPER DX or whatever it's called, but doesn't work with Windows 7 from what I've heard.. I figured since Polymer is a 3D engine it wouldn't be too hard to make the leap. I'm wanting, basically, to create some 3D scenes using the games geometry for one of my projects. Is there any way this can be done/any alternatives?

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

There is an external program that does this, Roma Loom used it for his render of the E1L1 street with a Battlelord in the middle; I would ask him. You're right that it's not hard to do.

• Judge Mental

Ah, thank you. I just fired off a PM to Roma Loom. I remember the image of the battlelord on Hollywood Holocaust, and i'm pretty sure that was done with the program you speak of.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

First this: http://sourceforge.n...2map/home/Home/
then this: http://fwheel.net/gk...bj/bsp2obj.html

Not tested to see if they work, but it looks like a starting point.

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

As promised in PM I have found the old map converter I've used once to make an E1L1 render

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Roma Loom: 16 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

• Judge Mental

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options