Duke4.net Forums: Shitty Games Month - Duke Nukem Series - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shitty Games Month - Duke Nukem Series

So, what did you guys think of this (rather long) take on the series?

I found it to be just empty nagging and grumbling with no real thesis or argument. Some of the criticisms are hypocritical (Duke's running speed in 3D being too fast, yet him holding Doom on a pedestal throughout with no explanation), and his choice of games are also a little peculiar. He reviews Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color in place of the original Duke Nukem II and he chooses to include Duke Advance for some reason as well. The way the video follows is: Duke Nukem -> Duke Nukem GBC -> Duke Nukem 3D -> Duke Nukem Advance -> Duke Nukem Forever.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Shitty reviewer.....

User is offline   Loke 

Annoying cringeworthy voice.

User is offline   Hank 

Multipurpose Spam
It's the name of the uploader.

User is offline   trustn0! 

Edgier than a razor's edge.
The only reason i dont call this guy a tool, is because tools are useful.
So if by any chance he stumbles upon this post let me say thus:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 11 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   uh . . . . 

View Posttrustn0!, on 11 April 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Edgier than a razor's edge.
The only reason i dont call this guy a tool, is because tools are useful.
So if by any chance he stumbles upon this post let me say thus:
Posted Image

Blow it out you are ass!

User is online   Lunick 

Disliked, moved on.

View Postuh . . . ., on 11 April 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Blow it out you are ass!

Because poor literacy is....pretty damn stupid.
Good eye. :)

Edit: And its fixed.

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 11 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

That was terrible. I can understand someone preferring other games of the time over Duke, but he doesn't explain why and he acts like 3D is so bad when reality the gameplay isn't so different from those games as he makes them out to be.

Here's a better video from someone who doesn't act like a assblasted pissant who knows nothing of the subject matters he is discussing.

LGR is pretty great all in all.

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 11 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The first reviewer sucks. He is pretentious yet he doesn't know what he is talking about. And why this review has his complaints about DOSBOX of his recording software?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

What a twat! What he's saying doesn't even resemble reality. It's just the same rolling eyes crap. Sighing and saying you don't like a game doesn't make you a discerning critic. Why are so many folks who cover games determined to perform these terrible stand-up routines when they aren't funny? It's embarrassing.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

This reminds me of that guy who reviewed Unreal and talks about how terrible the game is and that it's just a tech demo and then praises Quake 2 while using the same words he does in every other video in a game he likes, he does the same to the Stalker series and claims that they suck and he doesn't know how anyone can enjoy them.

Those probably annoyed me more though, because you type in Unreal review and his 2 are literally the first ones to come up. His STALKER stuff is harder to find though

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Posttrustn0!, on 11 April 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YdJPQZUdotE
Here's a better video from someone who doesn't act like a assblasted pissant who knows nothing of the subject matters he is discussing.

LGR is pretty great all in all.

LGR is The Man. I wish he'd still come around these parts. Phreakindee, da bomb.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Didn't even watch it, just disliked and removed from watch history.

But that video from LGR I would happily watch again, LGR is awesome.

User is offline   faked 

*SOB* CRINGE* No,no,a thousand times noooooooo!!! :P
Pardon the pun,but this is just my opinion of that *ahem* cough,cough,person's review of our Duke games.Hail to the DUKE, baby!!!!!!! :)

This post has been edited by grouchbag: 12 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

When his "frighten to removal comments and blacklisting someone about his believed 'INCORRECT DEVELOPMENT FACTS' or something" comment posted and then got removed by Youtube due a lot of downvotes, I'm pretty sure this guy just totally hate Duke Nukem for no reason even he has "some" right points, but... what the hell wrong with this guy..... :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 12 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

This guy's worse than IGSRJ.

View PostPlayer Lin, on 12 April 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

When his "frighten to removal comments and blacklisting someone about his believed 'INCORRECT DEVELOPMENT FACTS' or something" comment posted and then got removed by Youtube due a lot of downvotes, I'm pretty sure this guy just totally hate Duke Nukem for no reason even he has "some" right points, but... what the hell wrong with this guy..... :)

He was referring to me about the 'incorrect development facts'. I told him that playing through Duke Nukem for the GBC in place of the original Duke Nukem II was misleading, due to it being de facto a radically different game in virtually every way, although de jure it is considered a port. He later deleted my comments and blocked me.

I honestly wouldn't have minded the guy too much, if it weren't for the fact that he writes off every Duke fan and counter-argument as driven solely by nostalgia and/or fanboyism, as if genuinely liking the series is impossible or makes you a cretin.

He completely sweeps any criticism against this video under the rug and completely avoids proving his claims or anything...geez...

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

The Duke Nukem series is in no way shit. The only game that fits that description, is DNF, and because of Duke Forever's long and (in)famous development history, people have over generalized and automatically think that the most recent and, arguably most well known game in the series, is reflective on the series quality as a whole.

What that nit-picking video doesn't realize, is that without Duke 3D, none of today's generation's rush-job FPS's or any of them, wouldn't exist as they do now.

The gaming community owes a LOT to the series, and they all know it. Duke 3D truly is forgotten classic.

Sorry for the long rant, but that video is just not correct, Duke Nukem, is NOT the shittiest series.

This post has been edited by Duel: 12 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ive always taken a positive stance towards Forever, despite the games shortcomings.
But fuck the man who is going to try to diss on DN3D.
Especially one this ignorant and is so far up his own ass, he can wear it as a suit.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postmechmorphix616, on 12 April 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

He was referring to me about the 'incorrect development facts'. I told him that playing through Duke Nukem for the GBC in place of the original Duke Nukem II was misleading, due to it being de facto a radically different game in virtually every way, although de jure it is considered a port. He later deleted my comments and blocked me.

I honestly wouldn't have minded the guy too much, if it weren't for the fact that he writes off every Duke fan and counter-argument as driven solely by nostalgia and/or fanboyism, as if genuinely liking the series is impossible or makes you a cretin.

Now, I guess I won't lose anything about downvote the video and blocked him. And he don't even bother at all. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 13 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

User is offline   Skulldog 

Multipurpose Spam what a d-bag.

User is offline   Soap DX 

... I watched the first 8 minutes and all I learned was, he doesn't like it now, or when he was a kid, and the sounds annoy him... also *gasp* *cringe* and general discontent sounds.

looks more like a lets play with his personal opinion, with no comparison, no analysis, no exposition. Just him complaining. Some people want to become reviewers but clearly they don't know what's needed for a review to actually be a review.

Didn't watch more, waste of time.
I'll go for Any LGR video anytime instead of this guy.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostSpeedy Eggbert, on 12 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I could not work out if this guy was trying to be a troll to get more people to watch his video, but unlike IGSRJ we know that he takes the piss out of games.
Still it is funny to read the comments of IGSRJ videos and see how many people think he is so serious.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNZRage, on 18 April 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I could not work out if this guy was trying to be a troll to get more people to watch his video, but unlike IGSRJ we know that he takes the piss out of games.
Still it is funny to read the comments of IGSRJ videos and see how many people think he is so serious.

I don't think many people actually think IGSRJ is serious. They find him annoying either way.

User is offline   nukemania 

View PostSpeedy Eggbert, on 12 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I seriously hope you're joking (about IGSRJ).

User is offline   Malgon 

It seems like a lot of people have distaste for IGSRJ. I thought his review videos were fairly amusing and not meant to be taken seriously. Anyone care to elaborate?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options