Duke4.net Forums: DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

User is offline   Kathy 

Is it possible to raise some hell via video game blogs or something? I mean... what the fuck? Duke Nuke 3d mod of Duke Nukem Forever gets C&D?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

FlashGotting it ...
No surprise at all. Calling it Duke Nukem Forever 2013 ... plus pissing on them directly in the vid (though they deserve it).
Concerning the mod I doubt they'd win a lawsuit about that, but of course for private persons it's too risky to fight against a bunch of lawyers.

User is offline   Gambini 

I´ll rename Duke Nukem For Us and will remove the audio from the video. They can´t fucking tell me what to do.

And if not, beware guys i´ll send "just a proof of what we did" to anyone who asks! :)

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I´ll rename Duke Nukem For Us and will remove the audio from the video. They can´t fucking tell me what to do.

And if not, beware guys i´ll send "just a proof of what we did" to anyone who asks! :)

I would highly suggest not getting arrogant or aggressive about it... just figure out where the grievances are and where the flexibility is and figure out if that still works for you or not.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostBloodshot, on 07 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

lol so the hoover dam and motorcycles are copyrighted by Gearbox now?
They might make claims about Gus.

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

They can´t fucking tell me what to do.
They don't want to because it's a FUD thing.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLeoD, on 07 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

They might make claims about Gus.

Hmm I don't remember seeing Gus anywhere in DNF when I played it Posted Image
Besides, just call him Rus and suddenly you have an original character.

Edit: If they still want to shut this down. I'll make a thread over at Gearbox trying to draw attention to it. I don't care if I get banned; haven't visited the place in over a year. I'll try and be tactful about it if I do.
But I'd be willing to bet that the person who flagged it down at Gearbox doesn't even know it's a Duke 3D mod! It doesn't mention it in the video description. And probably nobody at Gearbox has even played Duke 3D.

This post has been edited by Trooper Mick: 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

I've sent email to RockPaperShotgun. Maybe they'll pick it up, maybe not. I haven't tipped them(or anyone else) before, so I don't know what's the proper precedure. Tried to include as much information as possible(but not too much), but I'm fucking pissed so maybe it wasn't written very well. Maybe I'm being too naive to think someone(except fans) to be interested in, but at least worth a try.

It is unfair as hell. Duke Nukem 3d mod with Duke Nukem is getting C&D? What kind of bullshit is that!

This post has been edited by Cathy: 07 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Gotcha guys! :) don´t do anything!!

I wasn´t expecting people to react so fast! sorry!!! :P

EDIT: Yes, It was a joke. you can put your downvotes here if that makes you feel better :)

This post has been edited by Gambini: 07 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTrooper Mick, on 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hmm I don't remember seeing Gus anywhere in DNF when I played it
He showed up in a DNF trailer and possibly GBX has acquired the rights about that, too.

View PostTrooper Mick, on 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Besides, just call him Rus and suddenly you have an original character.
Yeah, a generic bearded guy should be safe. Calling him Fuss would be appropriate.

User is offline   Kathy 

for fuck's sake

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

As punishment. I'm going to play your mod, but I'm not going to like it Posted Image

As Gambini said: "hehe you all fell in my bobby trap".
I'm actually not sure what pisses me off more! The CnD or the prank. At least with the prank we can still play it...

This post has been edited by Trooper Mick: 07 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

EDIT: Yes, It was a joke. you can put your downvotes here if that makes you feel better :)

Having just read the cease and desist letter, I would know it's a fake from the getgo because screenshots and media would actually be copyright infringement, not trademark infringement. Trademark is only for logos and symbols. :P

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Well that's the last time I email gearbox on the mod community behalf.

User is offline   Kathy 

Instead of RPS I decided to send email to Gearbox telling them that this mod is the final solution to undermine the excellence of a real DNF. You should await response of their lawyers soon enough. :)

This post has been edited by Cathy: 07 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Come on guys! dont tell me you did that!

It took less than 40 min to explode!

I would not have expected half the replies it got in ten hours or something

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTrooper Mick, on 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

As punishment. I'm going to play your mod, but I'm not going to like it Posted Image
And I will nag for a HRP version to raise Gambini's blood pressure to unhealthy heights. Plus start an It Lives maphack tomorrow.
Good prank, though thinking about that Steam account thing should have made us suspicious.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostTrooper Mick, on 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm actually not sure what pisses me off more! The CnD or the prank.

It was NOT COOL.

At least with the prank we can still play it...

They can still C&D, you know. Technically it is DNF being done in a game not owned by Gearbox.

This post has been edited by Cathy: 07 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

You underestimate the dedication around here when something shows promise of actually coming to life that captures anything of the mythological nature of the old DNF stuff.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

:) Who's pranking whom... :P

This is the time of day with most worldwide activity ...

Well it must have been that i take this guy´s articles as a lot of fun:

http://www.27bslash6.com/covers.html

I just replaced the obvious and got the attorney´s name from the first site that spits google when you write "internet attorney".

View PostWieder, on 07 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

You underestimate the dedication around here when something shows promise of actually coming to life that captures anything of the mythological nature of the old DNF stuff.

Nah. I just didn´t expect to people exploding in emails without a consensus or at least some time to calm down the initial rage.

Well, as LeoD said, Now I´m really exposed to counter-pranks. But remember I´m the living proof of dedication to the mythological DNF stuff . :) Don´t get all mad now at me!

User is offline   Kathy 

My rage now has turned from Gearbox to you. And it has DOUBLED!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I'd say there's a higher chance of it getting shut down now that it's been brought to Gearbox's attention. :)

Well, it must be that I´m not used to be popular... I´m like the drunk that pukes all on the neckline of the only cute girl that agreed to dance with him. :)

User is offline   Kathy 

And I only have two1,5 hours to sleep before going to work.

DNF, goddamn you! Just when I though I was out, they've pulled me back in!

I´m like the drunk that pukes all on the neckline of the only cute girl that agreed to dance with him.

I am that girl!

This post has been edited by Cathy: 07 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

A while ago I would have thought this was a joke, but I actually believed it considering how a while back Bethsoft tried to sue notch for using the word "scrolls" in the title of a game that was in production

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Don´t get all mad now at me!
Despite your reputation you did not turn this thread into gold. :) You deserve at least 38 downvotes now. :P

I grant Yatta to invert my rep points so I´m in the red line like him. I may recover them in the release thread!

I am that girl!

I´m sorry! let me clean it! oh wait, not again! wgguaahh :)

This post has been edited by Gambini: 07 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostGambini, on 07 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Well, it must be that I´m not used to be popular... I´m like the drunk that pukes all on the neckline of the only cute girl that agreed to dance with him. :)
Dancing is easy once you've learned that you have to use your feet alternately. But stay away from Viennese waltz when drunk.

User is offline   LkMax 

HEY GUYS AND GALS I'M DOING A SUPERDUPER L33T HRP FOR THA MOD!!!11111!!ELEVEN

Posted Image

Sweet vengeance. :)

Seriously though, coming from gearbox I was seriously thinking it was real and I was already suggesting to rename the game (Duky Nukum Whatever).
Not cool man, not cool.

PS: As NukemDave said, because of your joke it's now a real possibility.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 07 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options