Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Bruno 

Trooper Mick, on 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

What a coincidence, because I'm actually making a Serious Sam inspired episode for WGRealms 2.

Here's some WIP gameplay footage. Gameplay and music is not final.

aaaaaahh ! Duke Nukem in Serious Sam !!! :P MY DREAM WILL BECOME TRUE !!!!! Corridor of death is one of the best Serious map. Duke shooting at beheaded kamikaze, it's going to be awesome :)

Release date ?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Bruno, on 04 April 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Release date ?

When it's done Posted Image (actually, that joke's getting a bit old now..)

It will come out when the all new version of WGRealms 2 comes out, which IMO depends on when DanM gets back to mapping for it, since he's the guy making the main episode. Once he's back, DT will probably then finish up the code side and a release date will come into view, however that won't be for a fair while.

Also, as you can see in the video, the maps I'm making are quite large (cover a big area of the grid), and require polymer due to use of TROR. As a result the polymer draw distance is very apparent and very annoying; I would like that to be fixed before my episode comes out. Not to mention it wouldn't hurt if polymer ran a bit faster, which it probably will by the time this is released Posted Image

User is offline   Scott_AW 

When its done or if its done, :)

But its all a different story when its personal projects vs. a company compromised of various 'skilled' individuals that can produce all the resources and code you need.

That's why I really don't feel to bad that I've started almost hundreds of projects but completed only a few.

Hopefully I'll get OCD done with in some future point in time. Currently the next hurdle is creating the message box system for communicating with NPCs. I've got a nice message box designed, and its kinda influencing me to add some more graphical elements to the HUD. Nothing too big, but to encompass your stats.

Currently Level/EXP and Credits are in the top left, health, armor and ammo in the bottom right.

What do you guys think of this layout?

User is offline   pmw 

Trooper Mick, on 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

What a coincidence, because I'm actually making a Serious Sam inspired episode for WGRealms 2.

Here's some WIP gameplay footage. Gameplay and music is not final.

Looks extremely great. I hope that music is not an ingame-music? It's just terrible and way too loud.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Scott_AW, on 04 April 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

When its done or if its done, :)

But its all a different story when its personal projects vs. a company compromised of various 'skilled' individuals that can produce all the resources and code you need.

That's why I really don't feel to bad that I've started almost hundreds of projects but completed only a few.

Hopefully I'll get OCD done with in some future point in time. Currently the next hurdle is creating the message box system for communicating with NPCs. I've got a nice message box designed, and its kinda influencing me to add some more graphical elements to the HUD. Nothing too big, but to encompass your stats.

Currently Level/EXP and Credits are in the top left, health, armor and ammo in the bottom right.

What do you guys think of this layout?

Well a big chunk of the levels are already at least half finished. Most of the remaining work will be setting up waves and waves of enemies in different areas via spawns. It's going to be very tedious and repetitive, and require a lot of trial and error to get the times right, so I'm hopeful that someone will eventually code up a way to make setting up and testing waves easier/faster which will significantly motivate me to finish it. Helix's addition to a.m32 that makes the tile being spawned show up above the respawn sprite in mapster is a step in the right direction. However most of the time delayed spawning code currently in various mods is designed for small encounters rather than the huge complex waves that I have in mind.

Btw, I'm assuming you were meant to post a picture in your post?

Edit @ pmw: yeah I'll probably change the second track. The first track will probably stay since it's an original SS track and I find it fitting for the atmosphere and gameplay pace I have in mind for that level.

This post has been edited by Trooper Mick: 05 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

User is offline   Scott_AW 

Probably would of helped demonstrate what I meant.

Ignore the armor's position, it will be put with the ammo and HP.

Posted Image

I got to catch up on WGR2's progress, its been awhile. Thing is I'm a little rusty, I tried miserably to try and play shadow warrior.

I do like what you guys have going on, it really shows just how far you can take the scripting engine of Build.

This post has been edited by Scott_AW: 05 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

WIP

Posted Image

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I like it. Looks better than the one in Megaton, anyway! You might consider doing something with the green pixels right around where the original status bar meets the bits you added... it still looks a lot like a seam.

User is offline   thatguy 

I'm not going to say its better than Megaton one since one is HD and this is retro....but I will say it looks real sexy!!!

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

View PostFox, on 06 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

WIP

Oooh, this looks good.

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 06 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I'm not going to say its better than Megaton one since one is HD and this is retro....

I'd say it's better than Megaton for only one reason. Texture quality consistency.
When the game overall looks retro and when you add some hires parts it ruins the texture quality consistency and then it becomes a mess, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by MrGlasses: 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

User is offline   Bruno 

I am still working on my unplayable shitty "remake" (not really a remake to be honest) of Hollywood Holocaust. Because of the wall limit in Mapster32, I have to build this "remake" in two map (part 1:the street, part 2: the cinema)... :) So Here you found the first part (not finished yet, a lot of work must be done).

Need HRP / Polymer, and above all Duke plus.

Really hard to survive and fucking horrible framerate for this first part. REALLY SLOW...

Even with my quadcore, it runs slowly at some places (because of the large number of light points using polymer)... You can try without polymer render, but it' wiil not be as "cool"...

This post has been edited by Bruno: 07 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Mark 

This is the first map that kicked my computer's ass. I could run it only without Polymer. Its possible that tweaking some settings might have allowed it but I didn't try any yet. Playing in Polymost was still great. Even on the easiest setting I got killed a number of times. I finally went to god mode so I could cruise around and look all over the map. I really, really liked it. Even without the fancy lighting the atmosphere was good. Keep up the good work.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Great stuff! (Shake it, baby! :) )
One more reason to get a new graphics card. The newbeast attack is too tough for me. Got killed at least ten times. Keep it up.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Playing around with 8-bit skyboxes. Sometimes it looks better than other times. But I don't know anything about skyboxes, really.

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Make it a cylinder...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Unless I'm mistaken, that's not possible. There might be a way to fake it with the art, but I'm not sure how to do it. It's squareness is definitely the biggest problem.

User is offline   Fox 

I did it here:

Spoiler

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Are you using the showview method? I was just defining a skybox.

User is offline   Fox 

Yes I am.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Doing it with showview fails hard in polymer, however.

You could always map it to a cylinder and then take new images to use as your skybox. Should work in theory.

User is offline   Fox 

Shame on Polymer.

• Evil Overlord

View PostFox, on 08 April 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Shame on Polymer.

Well, yeah. It's already known/listed here however:
http://wiki.eduke32....er_Deficiencies

User is offline   Bruno 

View PostLeoD, on 07 April 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Great stuff! (Shake it, baby! :) )

:P

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, it's kind of pointless to do anything that isn't compatible with Polymer. Polymost is all but irrelevant. I think showview works in 8-bit, but it looks like theres a lot of math my stupid brain can't do.

• Evil Overlord

View PostJoJo the Idiot Circus Boy, on 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yeah, it's kind of pointless to do anything that isn't compatible with Polymer. Polymost is all but irrelevant. I think showview works in 8-bit, but it looks like theres a lot of math my stupid brain can't do.

Not at all pointless. Polymer should have its deficiencies (in relation to Polymost at least) fixed rather than you holding back project features.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well of course, I said that wrong and I can't quite remember what I was intending. (Toldja I was an idiot.) I think I was getting more at that doing something intended for use with Polymost is stupid. I wasn't bashing Polymer though. I really like it, even if I can't play it.

User is offline   Fox 

Edit:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 09 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

User is online   Lunick 

It kind of makes me wonder why something like this hadn't been done before to cover up the bits on the side.

User is offline   Stabs 

Well here is some music to replace to bar music / karaoke, i wrote them all myself, i learned a bit about midi to real sound conversion and just remade some midis i wrote ages ago into songs, so you can have some nice repeats and variance, anyway they are composed and produced entirley by me so no legal issues with this at all, anyway try them out if you want, they are different to the usual tracks but still suiting.

one is abut 3 mins, the other sits around 1:30, anyway if you find them useful please feel free to use them, mainly verse chorus verse stuff but it does the job.

that's the full songs if want a preview, I am not trying to pimp my music and it is a contentious issue so my gift to you, use it however you want in your mods no legal bullshit (but ya know at least credit, its common courtesy)

Kill All Betrayers (karaoke music) more rocky dance music

(strip club music) has more of a sexy theme.

MUSICS IN .VOC

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't posted any progress on stuff since February mainly because I was a little burned out from taking on too much at once. But with the recent fixng of the framerate problem of Darkus's flashlight mod, I have resumed working on my Graveyard mod making it "flashlight ready". I know Trooper Mick gets a little anxious if I don't post a screen shot. :) I've shown a few from the maps already so instead I'm including a test screen I put together when I was beta testing TeaMonster's new Duke model.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: gy2.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 10 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options