Duke4.net Forums: ...A Duke Tournament? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

...A Duke Tournament?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You played me before, Spirrwell. :angry: I'm sure there will be more interest when EDuke32 is ready. Do remember the names of any other goons you met back when you used to play online more?

This post has been edited by Radar: 08 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostRadar, on 08 March 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

You played me before, Spirrwell. :angry: I'm sure there will be more interest when EDuke32 is ready. Do remember the names of any other goons you met back when you used to play online more?

Once, and I really don't remember it quite well. Also I don't remember any of the players I used to play with. That Mako guy sounds familiar.

Although I do distinctly remember one of my last games being with somebody who accused me of cheating and kicked me.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 08 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Mako a.k.a. Solo is considered by many to be the greatest Duker evar!11!!1! His skills in 2007-2009 is considered to be the time period that he was at his best. He's an original-map-only kind of dude, so if you think you ever played this guy on user maps then it wasn't him. He's been playing Duke online since version 1.3d; he was part of the DORK clan if that name rings a bell at all. He now resides on Meltdown playing only 2 v 2 games with his buddy Poda.

Here's a funny video of these guys supposedly cheating. It looks convincing at first, but analyzation of the demo proved no cheats.

This post has been edited by Radar: 08 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you want enough interest for this, it might not be enough to have eduke32 multiplayer ready. But also Duke 3D+ or whatever they're calling it now to really get some big focus back on Duke. Let's all prey to god (figuratively) that eduke's multiplayer is finished before Duke 3D +'s multiplayer comes out or all the people that try out eduke32's multiplayer due to the publicity will be disappointed and turn away forever instead of sticking around in the community. It already happened with DNF, GOG.com's free Duke givaway, if it happens a third time I'm going to be a little bit angry, but not point crying over spilled milk.

What would people consider a good DM map anyway? If it's interconnectedness, I think people should try out 8-player DM on Parkade, it's probably the most interconnected map in the history of maps.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Most of the vanilla city maps are great for DM. LA Rumble comes to mind. I'd say most of the Episode 2 maps are terrible for DM.

User is offline   MetHy 

Geoffrey's DMDucts should be played in the tournament, greatest DM map ever!

also my two maps Atomic Bunker and Canyon Bunker are great. Both are for 2-3 players, Atomic Bunker is best suited for duels, while Canyon Bunker is best with 3 players.

Also I recommend Library (2-3players), Krashtest (2-4 players), Ruin (for duels), Hexi (2-3players), Slooth (3-4 players), Snow (3-4players), Courette (duels), DK3 (duels), Daisy II (duels), Alcatraz (4+ players) and Cigam (2-3players, like DMDucts it uses Build's SoS potential for good and unique DM gameplay).

I'd love to join the tournament to show every single one of you who's the boss in here. However it depending on how it's organized I might not have time.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 09 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMetHy, on 09 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I'd love to join the tournament to show every single one of you who's the boss in here.

Funny, that's why I wanted to join too. :angry:

User is offline   You 

I'd love to join, but I'm useless :angry:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Players aren't useless.

User is offline   uh . . . . 

Dukebots are useless. You aren't a Dukebot, are you?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Sshh, don't blow my cover.

User is offline   You 

View PostRadar, on 11 March 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Players aren't useless.

So I can be cannon fodder :angry:

Pity this wasn't thought of in January, we could have had an anniversarie of DN3D or something.

This post has been edited by You: 12 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

• tile 1018

View PostYou, on 12 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

So I can be cannon fodder :angry:

Pity this wasn't thought of in January, we could have had an anniversarie of DN3D or something.

I know I thought of that too. Having a Duke anniversary tournament on January 29th would have been one hell of a birthday present for me even though my b-day is six days earlier. It would've been awesome. We just need more people. So far there's only four people that have expressed interest in such a tournament:

Radar
MetHy
You
Spirrwell

I'm proposing a minimum of 8.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 12 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

User is offline   Arwu 

due to my poor net I can't participate to the tournament .. :angry: next time I should kick some asses :woot:. When netcode will be free of bugs then meltdown, yang and eduke players should interact more :D anyway, Im build a new map for DM :woot:. it is 30% complete now :woot: screenshots in a few days when texturing and sector work be done ^^.
maybe some people gonna like it .

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I would play in the tournament if I wasn't severely outmatched.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

That's the mentality that falls on way too many people in the Meltdown scene (Yang and Duke Matcher don't have that problem). That's why you see 25 people online Meltdown but only 3 people playing the whole day. It was nice to see Spirrwell on Meltdown. He played Holly with Juras and then me. Even though he was creamed, he still gave his best and didn't complain. We need players like that: ones that want to get our of their shell. The only thing that will make one a better Duker is to play better Dukers. I'm not completely innocent of this either; I still don't ask Memphis for games because I don't want to lose...

User is offline   Juras 

I think i could write doctoral dissertation about Duke Nukem 3d online (regular or random) players, their behaviors on Meltdown, Yang, XBL also past things from DukesterX days. Believe me or not but Meltdown and people's mentality dont really differ from any other net launcher since DukesterX days , it's just have one thing that other never had... MAIN CHAT.
So when you see 3 people playing and other not that usually means rest of this guys are away from keyboard or just came in for chatting. Radar think what would happen if for example Memphis would host a room with one of his fav map on any other net launcher, you think people would join him or maybe pretend they are not there.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

No one would join Memphis's room if it was on Yang as well, but I don't think it's because of the fear of losing. I think it's just because a lot of those guys (shamefully) don't know who he is so they don't bother.

This post has been edited by Radar: 15 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

• tile 1018

Well, I did much better on EDuke32 oddly enough. There was like NO lag. Of course I didn't test this with Juras, my main problem I had was that the lag was tremendous with him against me as well as not playing in a while. He's in Poland I believe, and I'm in the US. I also have 0.60 KB\s upload speed. Do you think we could get the three of us together on an EDuke32 server? I want to test it out, and before anybody moves about the level, we'll wait until everybody is connected. Also ask him, or if he sees this here, what his upload speed is. I actually want to do a thorough test.

We need to see if it is sustainable in any way, shape or form. Because if it is, I'm starting to think that EDuke32, even in its current state, may be better if we're patient. I'll do some recording, and I'll also try it on my end completely unmodified with my HRP stuff so we can eliminate any conflicts even though in theory it should never anyway. We can do a series of tests with just one of us each and then all three of us. I think it needs to be done. If you guys are up for it let me know. I'm typically free any time between 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM EST GMT -5.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 14 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

User is offline   Juras 

I'm gonna wait for final release or anything with new netcode blessed by TerminX.

• tile 1018

View PostJuras, on 15 March 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm gonna wait for final release or anything with new netcode blessed by TerminX.

But it did get new netcode, maybe not from TerminX yet, but it's mostly ready with some exceptions if a person were to go about the level and alter it like breaking glass or exploding cracks. The person connecting can't sync up to those changes, so we'd all have to wait for when we're all connected and it should run fine.

Edit: Crap, I'm derailing my own thread...

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 15 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Juras 

i don't think so, earlier today i made online test along with replica and im almost sure it's an old netcode just some things in synthesis has been improved during last months

View PostJuras, on 08 March 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

FinSTAR had set up ladder not tournament.
Noone from active players were complaining.
Lack of players was the reason why it ended before it really starts,
FinSTAR delete ladder account after he played 3 games when he was #1 out of 4 players.

Talking shit as usual. Memphis lost to me and got super mad, and told me that he would quit the ladder and tell stebo and spritian to quit it too (That's why I deleted the ladder, if they were going to quit it anyways).
And there were 5-7 people tops. Zettec quitted the ladder after () THIS.

"Elite" dukers are too damn proud.
This tournament could work with eduke and with more civilized people.
I'm in.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options