Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Mark 

Gimmie a break Big Cheese. I'm a "cheesehead" from Wisconsin. My previous shots were from around the corner. This new stuff wasn't there yet.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostThe Big Cheese, on 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yeah he just posts shots of it every now and then to rake in the rep points Posted Image

Don't give people any ideas!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I spent the evening fixing up EDuke32 Wii. It builds again (with less work than I anticipated) and I even realized I could enable PNG screenshots and Ogg Vorbis audio using libraries already provided in libogc. (Vorbis took a little coaxing.) On the E1L1 rooftop I got 60 fps, which is good. Check the SVN log for details.

In theory I could release a new milestone whenever I feel like it, but I don't feel that it's quite warranted enough.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice! I really need to try it on the Wii. Once DN64 Resurgence is released we can finally play a working version of it on the Wii! Currently, with the Virtual Console title ROM hack you can see sprites and enemies through walls. And the joystick is over-sensitive. It works fine otherwise, just not the best playing experience.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Resurgence would have to work 100% in the 8-bit software renderer in addition to OpenGL.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostThe Big Cheese, on 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yeah he just posts shots of it every now and then to rake in the rep points Posted Image
And each time he does I can't even tell what he's added to it since the last time Posted Image
Ok maybe not, but most of them look pretty similar.

Coming from the guy who has the max rep points. :P

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHendricks266, on 18 February 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Resurgence would have to work 100% in the 8-bit software renderer in addition to OpenGL.

It looks like shit in 8-bit mode. Even the maps from Duke Nukem 64 have been created with an already modified engine.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Fox: 18 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

User is offline   Bruno 

Hello ! I'm working on a remake of Hollywood Holocaust with Mapster32 with Dukeplus & Polymer. It isn't really good but I have fun to build this.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In some respects it looks a lot better in 8-bit, in others it doesn't.

User is offline   Fox 

Still the paralaxed skies are not displayed in Duke Nukem 64, so the levels have random textures in the ceiling, among other examples of how the maps have been built with another engine in mind. Since we intend to release the mod using the raw map files, you really shouldn't expected to have the best experience in 8-bit mode.

This post has been edited by Fox: 18 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

User is offline   Saiyuki234 

View PostBruno, on 18 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hello ! I'm working on a remake of Hollywood Holocaust with Mapster32 with Dukeplus & Polymer. It isn't really good but I have fun to build this.

User is offline   blizzart 

I like what I see. Good work so far, although it looks more like somethig completly new than a remake of Hollywood Holocaust. Besides the rooftop there´s nothing which directly reminds me of it.

So, thumbs up, Bruno!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I think it definitely looks interesting. And it should play differently to the original; if it plays exactly the same what's the point? The framerate is probably horrible though.

View PostRadar, on 18 February 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Coming from the guy who has the max rep points. :P

I have plenty of cool stuff I could show off, most recently CBP 9 which is already a third done, and looking tasty.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

HH redux looks great!!!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostThe Big Cheese, on 18 February 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

[...] if it plays exactly the same what's the point?

[...] I have fun to build this.

Looking forward to a 'new' DukePlus map. :P

User is offline   Mark 

Hey Bruno. That looks really good, better than mine. If the level is actually as dark as the screen shot I would lighten it up just a little bit. With all the ambient light being cast from the streetlights and windows of the large buildings there should be less totally black walls.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

User is offline   Bruno 

Hello !! Thank you all for your comments and suggestions !

LeoD, I think there are better maps to include in Duke Plus !

And Big Cheese, indeed, framerate is fucking horrible... But when I test this map on a quadcore I7, no lagging, no problem.

I try to build the street of Hollywood Holocaust more realistically with a real background and adjacent streets (the original map is more like a closed area). That's why, Blizzart, you do not recognize the bridge and other things.

A lot of work work needs to be done (months of work...). I have to finish streets, I have to start the CInema and I would lighten walls as Mark said. But, for sure, I'll finish it !!! So release date : "when it's done" :P

God saves HRP TEAM :D

User is offline   Bruno 

View PostMark., on 02 February 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Twins make it ever hotter :P

Goddamn ! Release this model please !! :D

User is offline   Bruno 

View PostMark., on 25 November 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

DAMN. I'm playin' my own theme song. ( its animated too )

Better than Chuck Norris : Duke Nukem can play two John 5 Guitar Solos at the same time without hands and guitar... Did you release this model ?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostBruno, on 19 February 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Only maps that actually make use of DukePlus effects and assets are included. But not all of them so far, indeed.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostBruno, on 19 February 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Better than Chuck Norris : Duke Nukem can play two John 5 Guitar Solos at the same time without hands and guitar... Did you release this model ?

No I didn't. I was just messing around while learning how to add a skeleton and animations to a model. I'm not even sure if I still have it saved. I'll check my backups.

User is offline   pmw 

View PostBruno, on 19 February 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hello !! Thank you all for your comments and suggestions !

And Big Cheese, indeed, framerate is fucking horrible... But when I test this map on a quadcore I7, no lagging, no problem.

I try to build the street of Hollywood Holocaust more realistically with a real background and adjacent streets (the original map is more like a closed area). That's why, Blizzart, you do not recognize the bridge and other things.

A lot of work work needs to be done (months of work...). I have to finish streets, I have to start the CInema and I would lighten walls as Mark said. But, for sure, I'll finish it !!! So release date : "when it's done" :P

God saves HRP TEAM :D

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see shit of those pics. Maybe it is for other players, but example me, I don't like to play that dark games.

User is offline   Fox 

Out of curiosity, what the Duke Nukem 64 HUD looks like in the original game for PC:

Spoiler

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Bruno, that is looking really good, keep at it. Fox, I thought that I had a lot of stuff on the go at one time! Mark, looking good as always!

Thought I'd lend something to the thread.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

My brain hurts. I can't figure it out. :P

• Weaponized Autism

I see it. :P

User is offline   Fox 

In case someone can't see it:

Spoiler

User is offline   Kyanos 

Ohh, I see it too :P It's a read between the lines sort of thing.

Cheers buddy!!

This post has been edited by Drek: 21 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

User is offline   thatguy 

Its just a character skeleton, maybe duke, with controllers or hitboxes around it.

User is offline   Gambini 

Yes, saw it too. He´s either Homer choking Bart or someone with a big dick jerking off.

EDIT: Actually, it looks a lot like the 1st ep´s ending/score screens animation that duke plays, hodling his gun and breathing.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 21 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options