Duke4.net Forums: L.A. Meltdown Remake Project. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

L.A. Meltdown Remake Project.  "This is a group project. I am project leader. You all may help."

Guest_LakiSoft_*

View PostMetHy, on 11 September 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Better than what I did at the age of 9. At least he got some SE right. The next step is learning to shade.

Edit :

That's completely wrong and we've proven that with the Metropolitan Mayhem episode. You can make a good small map in 1-2 days if you know what you're doing and had ideas and plans in your head beforehand.

I agree! ;)

User is offline   MetHy 

Well don't get me wrong : the maps you posted suck. You need some learning before being able to pull it a small good map in 2 days.

View PostCody, on 11 September 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Just calling it as it is.

Posted Image

Any fool who has been around these forums long enough knows that this thread and his others are a lost cause, so why kid yourself?

Well, at least you admit it ;)

LakiSoft.
If you want people to make a project together with you, you need to show that you are capable of doing something. You can do that with the project you are making right now.
People on this forum aim to release stuff, it's not just about modding and having doing stuff together.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 11 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   underTaker 

As it has been said, start with doing one small map. I've also wanted to do an episode first, but it was just too ambicious for me, and i've abandoned it (only one map survived ;) ). It's good way to get some experience, gain some creativity and then do more and more ambicious projects.
And also patience is one very important thing for mappers. Lots of times you will have to sit over one map, fixing some stupid bugs, adding some lightning, changing textures when you'll find out that they suck, changing whole sectors when you see like they're too cramped or something. You have to give much time to the map, so it will be closer to perfection. I'm saying it according to my own experience, and i can say this way of thinking can change your maps to be better.
And also i try not to force the mapping - if i have no ideas, i get a break until some ideas come to my head :P

If i can suggest you something. Take one map of your episode, which you think is the best, and spend some time over it, until you find it's really great stuff. Then post it on this forums, people will tell what's to change, what you have to avoid, and generally give you some advices.

User is offline   ---- 

Wait, wait wait.

Don't these mods usually start with a screenshot of an untextured model of an AK 47 as proof?

The other 4578345 failed mods I saw had that.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 11 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why is it every time there's a thread some jackass has to play moderator and insist that it gets locked? When someone says something you don't like do you stick your fingers in your ears and say "NANANANANANANANA"?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Posted Image

This post has been edited by LeoD: 11 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMetHy, on 11 September 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

That's completely wrong and we've proven that with the Metropolitan Mayhem episode. You can make a good small map in 1-2 days if you know what you're doing and had ideas and plans in your head beforehand.

View PostMetHy, on 11 September 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Well don't get me wrong : the maps you posted suck. You need some learning before being able to pull it a small good map in 2 days.

Ah, I think you picked up on why I said it's a criteria for a first map. A beginner has neither the speed nor the experience to create a small high quality map in such a short time, and as I keep saying, the best way to learn is to put in serious time making a map as big and as detailed as possible. Hopefully before the map is even finished, the mapper will make a nice room, and think "hold on, this room looks so much better than the others, I should go back to the others and change/add to them" and this could repeat several times, becoming an invaluable learning experience.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 11 September 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Why is it every time there's a thread some jackass has to play moderator and insist that it gets locked? When someone says something you don't like do you stick your fingers in your ears and say "NANANANANANANANA"?

Then please show me the point of this thread aside from insulting a newbie. It's about a project in the making?

• Weaponized Autism

If a thread is pointless, then no one should be posting. This is a teachable moment for the newbie, and ideally other newbies if they would learn how to use the search function. We don't need to repeatedly cut off the forum's penis by locking threads prematurely.

Guest_LakiSoft_*

Ok then. I will close this project. But i am already said this is mine first maps! Today i am making better maps. I have to start other projects but by myself only. Because you guys hates newbies. ;):P

User is offline   CruX 

View PostLakiSoft, on 12 September 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Because you guys hates newbies. ;):P

...and the true colors come out.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLakiSoft, on 12 September 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Because you guys hates newbies.

No, because newbies tend to be stupid. We're not going to pamper your ass.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

This is ridiculous.

Every time somebody new comes in here full of motivation and enthusiasm you assholes (you know who you are) proceed to stomp it out.

Yes, they always seem to come in here claiming that they're going to pull off some big project and bite off more than they can chew, but instead of re-directing that positive energy into a project they can manage, the ass-clown posse comes out of the wood work to see who can insult the newbie the best.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostForge, on 12 September 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Yes, they always seem to come in here claiming that they're going to pull off some big project and bite off more than they can chew, but instead of re-directing that positive energy into a project they can manage, the ass-clown posse comes out of the wood work to see who can insult the newbie the best.

It was a reality-check. The main point of contention wasn't about ambition or biting off more than he could chew; I don't think anyone would've actively discouraged him if he just showed up and said "Hey, I want to do this!". The negative response was mostly about his idea of getting the community involved in an uninspired (and uninspiring) project when no impetus or motivation is offered to do such. While I won't argue that a few people were harder on him than they needed to be, there were plenty of other posts that gave good, level-headed advice on where he should go from here. Whether he takes any of it to heart or not is his prerogative, but given his last response, it's tough to see a basis for optimism.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

New members are more likely to be put off by the negativity than they are to take the sound advice.

A person (or a community) can do a hundred great things and one bad thing, and they're only going to be remembered for the bad thing.

Guest_LakiSoft_*

Maybe i am newbie but not goddamn begginer. I can make cool maps when i really want that! ;)

• Weaponized Autism

Here, let me make amends:

View PostHendricks266, on 11 February 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Learning how to mod is difficult and the best way to learn is not to beg to be taught or be given lots of help, but to rather start small, try new things, and over the course of years develop your talents. It doesn't depend on us. It depends on you.

I would suggest start making small but good maps, like a map of your house with working doors, etc. (You don't have to release it if you don't want to.) I would also suggest you start making small CON modifications to the enemies of the original game to do things you think are cool.

We'll be here if you have questions, but we won't hold your hand. ;)

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Main_Page

Start small with your mods.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLakiSoft, on 12 September 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Maybe i am newbie but not goddamn begginer. I can make cool maps when i really want that! ;)

And this Forge is why we are stomping his ass.
He has not shown us one single "cool" map yet.

Reminds me of the days of;
http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=7409.0

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

Guest_LakiSoft_*

View PostCody, on 12 September 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

And this Forge is why we are stomping his ass.
He has not shown us one single "cool" map yet.

Reminds me of the days of;
http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=7409.0

I was have cool maps before but these are gone. Your maps are just with freakin details. And what if my map are to small. Goal is gameplay thought no goddamn details and big rooms like ARC NOVA.MAP! All of my friend says my maps are good. What the heck are wrong with you guys? And these maps are from year 2007. Now i can make more kick-ass maps if i want. My problem is that i durning mapping get too bored and run out of ideas. But guys, i am not DeeperThought who created cool DukePlus. ;) He's PRO but i am newbie. But in mapping i am "Middile rank". I am not begginer but also i am not PRO!

User is offline   underTaker 

Hey, listen, we don't want to offend you, you just have to want to make your map perfect. And i mean - you shouldn't cut corners, but keep doing better stuff all the time. And the best way to do so, is starting with less ambicious projects, going through more and more ambicious, bigger, more detailed and generally better maps. It's not that easy to do perfect and great maps at start, you should practice and spend much time on it. Just like all of us did.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's not even that. This guy keeps saying he makes good maps... when he doesn't even make maps at all. I don't care if he's a newbie as long as he doesn't act like one. DustFalcon doesn't act like an idiot.

Guest_LakiSoft_*

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 12 September 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

It's not even that. This guy keeps saying he makes good maps... when he doesn't even make maps at all. I don't care if he's a newbie as long as he doesn't act like one. DustFalcon doesn't act like an idiot.

I do not understand you talking about! I am making maps. I also have an project here:
http://www.2shared.c...ll_Version.html
with good Lunar Apocalypse styled maps. Maps are small. The 1.0 explains that this come with lower version v1.3D to get Space Suit working. Just download it. It has my own maps plus original L.A Meltdown maps. So, it's not warez!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I wouldn't have played those maps in 1997, much less 2012.

Guest_LakiSoft_*

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 12 September 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I wouldn't have played those maps in 1997, much less 2012.

I think even didn't try it. Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I actually did, and that was a nice way of saying that they are of a deplorable quality. Not worth anything other than being deleted.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options